Updated NET Rankings

flsportsfan83

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

7 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Agree with your points except for one-the turnaround wasn't too quick, it was perfect timing. We've got national attention on us on a daily basis, we're showing up on national TV. 

Meant quicker than anyone expected when making the schedule. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,778
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

That SMU +460 is a good bet. I won't make it, but if the Bulls were not in it I would be all over that value.

It could potentially be, but SMU plays FAU on Thursday and still have a matchup with UAB on 3/10. Thursday’s game can give them another loss, making it difficult for them to keep up by having 4 conference losses. Our destiny is in our own hands now. A bet against USF to win the regular season is saying you think we lose to both SMU and Charlotte and those two win out. It’d be a better bet to say SMU will win the conference tournament rather than the regular season title. 

11 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

It could potentially be, but SMU plays FAU on Thursday and still have a matchup with UAB on 3/10. Thursday’s game can give them another loss, making it difficult for them to keep up by having 4 conference losses. Our destiny is in our own hands now. A bet against USF to win the regular season is saying you think we lose to both SMU and Charlotte and those two win out. It’d be a better bet to say SMU will win the conference tournament rather than the regular season title. 

at that value. I think its a good bet. I wouldn't touch it at +300 but for almost 5 x's your bet for a team that I think might be the best team in the league. They would have to beat USF though, which I suspect they will be favored in that game. A loss to FAU tonight would sink them though. I think they take out FAU. They are a better team. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

46 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

at that value. I think its a good bet. I wouldn't touch it at +300 but for almost 5 x's your bet for a team that I think might be the best team in the league. They would have to beat USF though, which I suspect they will be favored in that game. A loss to FAU tonight would sink them though. I think they take out FAU. They are a better team. 

smu has the toughest schedule left of the top teams. that's a suckers bet. the odds imply an 18% chance

They would have to beat usf, fau and uab all on the road. and they would still need help

even if those 3 were coinflips (50/50) that would give smu a 12.5% chance of winning all 3.

espn gives fau a 78% chance of winning

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Days Won:  4

Here's a look at Katz's entire rankings after a loaded weekend of men's basketball: 

1. UConn (1): The Huskies destroyed Marquette and made it known they are the best team in the country. 
2. Houston (7): The Cougars will try to get to the top of the Big 12 against Iowa State on Monday. 
3. Arizona (3): The Wildcats are a No. 1 seed but need to beat Wazzu this week to hold onto first in the Pac-12. 
4. Purdue (2): The Boilermakers dipped Sunday after losing to the Jake Diebler-interim-coached Ohio State Buckeyes. 
5. Alabama (9): The Tide is now 10-2 in the SEC and Nate Oats is doing a fantastic job. 
6. Iowa State (16): Time to give the Cyclones their just attention and ranking. TJ Otzelberger is doing a sensational job. 
7. Marquette (4): The Golden Eagles have to drop but let’s see if the loss at UConn was more of an anomaly. 
8. Kansas (6): The Jayhawks got a much-needed road win at Oklahoma. 
9. Baylor (15): The Bears are primed for a big week to stay in the Big 12 chase. 
10. Tennessee (10): The Vols are keeping pace with Alabama in the SEC. 
11. North Carolina (5): The Tar Heels continue to stumble a bit, losing at Syracuse. 
12. Duke (11): The Blue Devils have quietly climbed into a tie in the ACC.
13. Kentucky (NR): A season-changing week for Kentucky with the home win over Ole Miss and the road win at Auburn. 
14. Illinois (14): The Illini got the road win at Maryland and continue to surge. 
15. Creighton (21): The Bluejays will learn where they stand this week by hosting UConn. 
16. Saint Mary’s (13): The Gaels remain unblemished in the WCC.
17. Washington State (23): The Cougars have won seven in a row and are poised for a showdown with Arizona and a chance to be in first in the Pac-12. 
18. San Diego State (NR): Welcome back to the Aztecs who looked the part of MWC champs in the win over New Mexico.
19. South Florida (31): The Bulls have won 11 in a row, beat FAU and are now the team to beat in the American.  
20. Florida (NR): The Gators have won three in a row, including beating Auburn. 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2024-02-19/houston-surges-andy-katzs-latest-mens-basketball-power-36

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

what makes you think SMU is the best team in the league?  My observation isn't as high since I've seen them struggle with some of the lower teams....Then again Rice has given us fits

2 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

what makes you think SMU is the best team in the league?  My observation isn't as high since I've seen them struggle with some of the lower teams....Then again Rice has given us fits

SMU if on has the ability to blow out any team in this league. Beat Memphis by 27, Rice by 26, Tulsa by 33.  If you look at their 10 wins they win by an average of 13.8 points a win. 

Compare that to USF. We have 2 more wins, but beat AAC teams on average by 7.5 points

Id assume that's why the ESPN Projection gives them a 55% chance to win at USF. 

We can beat them, but that game will be a challenge. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

image.thumb.png.299cda2eb4570338ebccf1261d2a8f29.png

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Days Won:  5

Dropped 1 to 93 with a victory on the road.  The Net is a bad metric ELO much better in my opinion

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,119
  • Days Won:  14

Good thing we got out of there with a win.  A loss there would’ve tanked us in these net ratings.  Close one.