Todd Orlando

NovaBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,826
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

LOL .... WTF does that have to do with anything?? The DC's job is to hold the other team to less points than we score. The OC's job is to score more points than the other team. They've both won 5 games this year.

Defending the indefensible. Just like the7-0 people were saying everything was fine when in reality it was imploding.  Case in point yesterday New Mexico State beat Auburn. Did they have better athletes? No! they had better coaching. Todd O has shown no evidence that he is coaching well this year.  I know everyone wants Todd O from UCONN or Houston, or maybe his season at FAU when he looks like the D coordinator from Texas and USC where is consistently out coached. Outside of the Alabama game which I still think Coach Saban sandbagged tell me a game where he coached a great game?  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,376
  • Days Won:  2

24 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Defending the indefensible. Just like the7-0 people were saying everything was fine when in reality it was imploding.  Case in point yesterday New Mexico State beat Auburn. Did they have better athletes? No! they had better coaching. Todd O has shown no evidence that he is coaching well this year.  I know everyone wants Todd O from UCONN or Houston, or maybe his season at FAU when he looks like the D coordinator from Texas and USC where is consistently out coached. Outside of the Alabama game which I still think Coach Saban sandbagged tell me a game where he coached a great game?  

So between last year and this year he forgot to coach defense?  Its the players. They secondary...most are FCS caliber. Tackling has improved greatly over last year and run stopping up middle. We definitely Need help at DE, corner and safety and LB. Ward the freshmen might turn out ok...but all the upperclassmen in secondary outside maybe one or two gotta go.

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  374
  • Content Count:  4,318
  • Days Won:  56

18 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

So between last year and this year he forgot to coach defense?  Its the players. They secondary...most are FCS caliber. Tackling has improved greatly over last year and run stopping up middle. We definitely Need help at DE, corner and safety and LB. Ward the freshmen might turn out ok...but all the upperclassmen in secondary outside maybe one or two gotta go.

The lack of overall speed is the issue on defense. UTSA proved it clearly. Recruit guys who can run. The sideline reporter even pointed it out at one point: “USF doesn’t have the speed to run with UTSA.” Quite honestly, the same goes on offense. We need to seriously improve our overall team speed if we’re going to get better and compete with good teams.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

34 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Outside of the Alabama game which I still think Coach Saban sandbagged tell me a game where he coached a great game?

You said "win game" not coached a great game but if you want to nitpick. Last year we held 1 FBS team to 30 points or under . This year 4 (BTW, only 1 was one of the "weak" teams added), including shaving 31 points off a team that torched us for 54 last year. I'm not saying that TO is doing a great job but, to me, the tackling is vastly improved over last year, when we can get close enough.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,376
  • Days Won:  2

28 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

The lack of overall speed is the issue on defense. UTSA proved it clearly. Recruit guys who can run. The sideline reporter even pointed it out at one point: “USF doesn’t have the speed to run with UTSA.” Quite honestly, the same goes on offense. We need to seriously improve our overall team speed if we’re going to get better and compete with good teams.

Agree we need way more team speed in general. Good recruiting will get us back to where we need to be. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,801
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

The DB's are atrocious. I don't think any DC could do much with that. They fall down, they get burned, they commit pass interference almost every play, they take horrid angles on pursuit, they can't tackle, they eat ketchup on their pizza, and they all think that avatar is the greatest movie ever made. 

Somebody came up with a term called "burnt toast" b/c DBs are always getting burned on the field. I dont remember who it was but that person haven't used it all year and its definitely the proper term. @Outlaw was it you?

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,272
  • Days Won:  10

I am fine with giving Orlando another year, although I personally am leaning towards no. However, if the defense isn't vastly improved next year it wont be on Orlando, but on Golesh for keeping him around.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,826
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Good coaches make adjustments. This guy cant survive unless it has certain types of players. Given that most coaches dont get more than 3 years if Todd doesnt produce next year he is gone anyways. We cant wait on certain types of players to get here. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,743
  • Days Won:  30

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Somebody came up with a term called "burnt toast" b/c DBs are always getting burned on the field. I dont remember who it was but that person haven't used it all year and its definitely the proper term. @Outlaw was it you?

I called our dbs that before,  but I am not sure if I was the original  person or not. The dbs have been burnt toast all year. We have a few good plays here or there but nothing consistent. 

• Topic Count:  374
  • Content Count:  4,318
  • Days Won:  56

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Back in the Parcells days, the NY Giants had a CB named Elvis Patterson whose nickname was Toast because he was always getting burned. 🙂

• Upvote 1