Students

Triple B

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  13,684
  • Days Won:  30

23 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

Just wanted to mention here that I am a diehard student. I’m at every game, win or lose, but I have a complaint.

I got there yesterday 15 minutes early (worked overnight the night before so I slept in late Sat) and I was turned away from the student parking lot and sent to Lot 2. I got to Lot 2 and showed my student ID. They told me that they know the student lot is full, but that they couldn’t take free parking there. They were charging students full price, and a lot of us were doing U-Turns and leaving.

I wasn’t about to pay $30 for parking (that’s a lot for a broke college student) so I parked at Al Lopez Park and walked in 20 minutes late. 

USF, your students need to be able to park at games if you want us to show up. I am always going to go to games but this could be too much BS for casual student fans who were barely willing to show up anyway.

That is bs man. Wish you posted this then. I would send 30 bucks for you to park. I remember being broke busting my ass at work and college just trying to get bye.

You probably should have made the uturn and have a better day.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,867
  • Days Won:  436

15 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Good feedback.  I hope someone who can do something sees it.

Need to be proactive and talk to someone in SG or wherever. Stuben can maybe point you in a direction ......... won't have that problem in several years.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

That is bs man. Wish you posted this then. I would send 30 bucks for you to park. I remember being broke busting my ass at work and college just trying to get bye.

You probably should have made the uturn and have a better day.

I appreciate that— I will do my best to tell student government or whoever I can get ahold of. I missed about half of the first quarter (luckily nothing good) but I’m sure some other students just went home when they found out parking wasn’t free.

I feel worse for the alumni who spent time and money coming back to the game (some of whom had to fly back to Tampa) just to see the team perform like that, but that’s a separate conversation!

• Like 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  13,684
  • Days Won:  30

2 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

I appreciate that— I will do my best to tell student government or whoever I can get ahold of. I missed about half of the first quarter (luckily nothing good) but I’m sure some other students just went home when they found out parking wasn’t free.

I feel worse for the alumni who spent time and money coming back to the game (some of whom had to fly back to Tampa) just to see the team perform like that, but that’s a separate conversation!

The more experience  you get with usf athletics the more you will realize they usually do the opposite of the right decision.  Hopefully  after speaking with student government  usf athletics doesn't send out a survey about it and then not fix it.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  408

1 hour ago, Bullfrog said:

Just wanted to mention here that I am a diehard student. I’m at every game, win or lose, but I have a complaint.

I got there yesterday 15 minutes early (worked overnight the night before so I slept in late Sat) and I was turned away from the student parking lot and sent to Lot 2. I got to Lot 2 and showed my student ID. They told me that they know the student lot is full, but that they couldn’t take free parking there. They were charging students full price, and a lot of us were doing U-Turns and leaving.

I wasn’t about to pay $30 for parking (that’s a lot for a broke college student) so I parked at Al Lopez Park and walked in 20 minutes late. 

USF, your students need to be able to park at games if you want us to show up. I am always going to go to games but this could be too much BS for casual student fans who were barely willing to show up anyway.

Omg I had the same issue. I was there 2 1/2 hours before the game too… I had to cough up $30

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  408

33 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

Maybe you and I could contact student government or someone that can fix the parking situation. You need to give students free parking if you want them to show up, the bull runner basically brings a small amount of students. Mostly everyone else drives and tailgates, we’re not going to spend $30 when we’re all broke

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,115
  • Days Won:  109

1 minute ago, Bryson W said:

Maybe you and I could contact student government or someone that can fix the parking situation. You need to give students free parking if you want them to show up, the bull runner basically brings a small amount of students. Mostly everyone else drives and tailgates, we’re not going to spend $30 when we’re all broke

Can you block or tackle? If so you can get a free bus ride to the stadium. 😀

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bryson W said:

Yeah absolutely— it isn’t our fault they weren’t prepared to accommodate the number of students who showed up.

Given the 56-14 loss to FAU though, I have a feeling there will be plenty of parking at the last two home games 😂 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,867
  • Days Won:  436

3 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

Yeah absolutely— it isn’t our fault they weren’t prepared to accommodate the number of students who showed up.

There weren't as many there Saturday as Alabama. Was there a problem for that game?

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

There weren't as many there Saturday as Alabama. Was there a problem for that game?

Not as far as I know— I arrived about 90 minutes early to the Alabama game and had no problem with parking.