the transfer portal

smazza

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  232
  • Days Won:  0

49 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Do we expect anyone from USF to enter the Portal?

Maybe a kicker with Nico Gramatica committed.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  374
  • Content Count:  4,319
  • Days Won:  56

31 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

I think Byrum is probably gone after this year for sure. Not sure who else... hoping that Izzy Carter is as good as advertised. 

If someone throws a bunch of NIL money at him, I guess it’s possible, but I don’t know about that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,664
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Bullcocky said:

I think Byrum is probably gone after this year for sure. Not sure who else... hoping that Izzy Carter is as good as advertised. 

Naa he's not going anywhere. Sure he's good but yall are making him out to be Caleb Williams good over here. Not quite there yet. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Bullcocky said:

A couple of weeks ago folks were questioning this guys ability.  A couple of good games against mediocre teams and suddenly he's leaving us.  The only way BB goes anywhere next season is if CAG tells him he is no longer the starter ... and I doubt that happens

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,813
  • Days Won:  7

12 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

A couple of weeks ago folks were questioning this guys ability.  A couple of good games against mediocre teams and suddenly he's leaving us.  The only way BB goes anywhere next season is if CAG tells him he is no longer the starter ... and I doubt that happens

I respect your opinion, but that's not a fact. My opinion, which is also not a fact, is that if some team out there is in need of a young QB who has shown promise and has had success in the minor league system at USF by winning 10+ games in his first full season, he can easily be made an offer through NIL that he decides is necessary for himself or his family. Will he do that? Who knows, that's up to him, but transferring has never been easier or so alluring as it is today.

12 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

I respect your opinion, but that's not a fact. My opinion, which is also not a fact, is that if some team out there is in need of a young QB who has shown promise and has had success in the minor league system at USF by winning 10+ games in his first full season, he can easily be made an offer through NIL that he decides is necessary for himself or his family. Will he do that? Who knows, that's up to him, but transferring has never been easier or so alluring as it is today.

You're getting way ahead of yourself for one, but players have this kind of success you describe every year in the "minor leagues" and don't jump ship.  BB will be here next year unless he thinks he won't be the starter.  Trust me.  Maybe sometime down the road, but not next year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,482
  • Days Won:  14

We need to go easy on ourselves. 

First of all we dont know whats going to happen.

Second, teams like Clemson and Oklahoma have lost players to other teams to NIL. 

It's a national issue. No one is immune except maybe the top 3-5 programs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,164
  • Days Won:  109

17 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

If a QB wants to put up big numbers and grab attention from the NFL, it might be better to stay here against lesser competition. I'm thinking QBs from No Dakota State and others. Short term chase of NIL money possibly could hurt long term. If he wants to chase the money now there is nothing we can do. 

• Upvote 1

Of course we can and probably will lose players, but below is the list that I found of QB transfers last offseason.  Not many from G5  teams and even fewer from G5 to P5.  Again it could happen, but it's not really likely that BB leaves next offseason

WWW.ON3.COM

The best 2023 college football qb that have entered the transfer portal.
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,813
  • Days Won:  7

37 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

If a QB wants to put up big numbers and grab attention from the NFL, it might be better to stay here against lesser competition. I'm thinking QBs from No Dakota State and others. Short term chase of NIL money possibly could hurt long term. If he wants to chase the money now there is nothing we can do. 

I agree with you