Golesh > Dion

pascobull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

20 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am giving him credit but he is not a transformative figure, money and prestige are every bit as important as winning as they help you live another day. I’m not sure we should worry about any coach beyond 3 years at a time so I don’t think longevity should play too much of a determining part of the hiring process. With prime we would be in a better position today in every regard, that’s really all that matters.

I disagree with almost all of this. He is absolutely a transformative figure. He’s already transformed this program.

I’m pretty sure that most people on this board have said that “winning is all that matters” for years.

To completely disregard the idea that a coach may bring longevity to our program is another pessimistic take. There have been enough Willie Taggarts and Scott Frosts out there that may start to have coaches at Mid-Majors thinking differently.

With “Prime” we absolutely would not be in a better position today. With Deion, you could absolutely rest assured that he’d jump ship at the next better opportunity. How is that better today?

“Today is all that matters?”. Disagree.

Every season matters. Tradition is built over time. In this modern era, it can happen more quickly. But not in one day or one season.

I will take Golesh over Deion 100%.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,657
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, SpeedBull said:

I disagree with almost all of this. He is absolutely a transformative figure. He’s already transformed this program.

I’m pretty sure that most people on this board have said that “winning is all that matters” for years.

To completely disregard the idea that a coach may bring longevity to our program is another pessimistic take. There have been enough Willie Taggarts and Scott Frosts out there that may start to have coaches at Mid-Majors thinking differently.

With “Prime” we absolutely would not be in a better position today. With Deion, you could absolutely rest assured that he’d jump ship at the next better opportunity. How is that better today?

“Today is all that matters?”. Disagree.

Every season matters. Tradition is built over time. In this modern era, it can happen more quickly. But not in one day or one season.

I will take Golesh over Deion 100%.

You are allowed to be wrong, the market has already spoken on their values and the values they are bringing to their programs. The rosters would be entirely different, the nationals attention would be entirely different and the money coming into the programs would be entirely different. CAG is a good hire but you can’t be transformative if the only people that know it are the exact same people that were already here.

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You are allowed to be wrong, the market has already spoken on their values and the values they are bringing to their programs. The rosters would be entirely different, the nationals attention would be entirely different and the money coming into the programs would be entirely different. CAG is a good hire but you can’t be transformative if the only people that know it are the exact same people that were already here.

So your definition of “transformative” is hype?

5 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

No, changing your position makes you transformative. They have switched conferences, sold out stadiums, revamped their entire roster with higher talent and yes gained more national attention. Those are in fact the only things that make a difference to a programs success. We beat two teams that Colorado would have beaten by a thousand while they lost to two teams that would have beaten us by a thousand. There is absolutely no comparison and no one can seriously be making this argument in good faith. CAG is way better than CJS, that’s what matters now and not trying to make up and defend nonsensical silliness just for fun.

Edited by puc86
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

No, changing your position makes you transformative. They have switched conferences, sold out stadiums, revamped their entire roster with higher talent and yes gained more national attention. Those are in fact the only things that make a difference to a programs success. We beat two teams that Colorado would have beaten by a thousand while they lost to two teams that would have beaten us by a thousand. There is absolutely no comparison and no one can seriously be making this argument in good faith. CAG is way better than CJS, that’s what matters now and not trying to make up and defend nonsensical silliness just for fun.

I wonder how “transformative” Jackson State fans think he is.

They are 3rd place in the SWAC East and gave up 77 point’s yesterday.

12 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Where were they trying to reasonably move up to? How many HBCU’s have moved up? Everything of importance to getting back on the map and in realignment contention he brings, if you think becoming the flagship university of the aac for the coming decades is important then we just disagree on what actually matters so of course our impact comparisons are going to diverge 

Edited by puc86

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,137
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

I love CAG but your sentiment is plain wrong. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

I believe the jersey sales, commercials, brand recognition, sold out games, etc. are way more than just hype. I don't know why some of you have such a hard time with Dion's personality. He's thanking God every other sentence. He's allowed to be confident, he's earned it. Just because he's not soft spoken and kissing the rings of the football elite as he tiptoes around acting like being the coach of a D1 program is his dream come true, doesn't mean he's not a good coach. 

I'm REALLY trying to understand where the hate comes from. I have an idea, but I'm really trying to give some of you the benefit of the doubt. He's not Lovey or Dungie, but he's no Terrell Owens either (assuming y'all felt the same way about him) y. He chose not to come here, it hurt me too, but I don't hate him for it. 

All we had on our schedule to prove his team was as good as advertised was Alabama. When he really wins at Colorado in the next year or two, there is no "he's just out talenting weaker opponents." Which I'm sure people can and will say if we end up with a really good win loss record (assuming anyone in their right mind wanted to defend FCJS).

If/ when we win the conference without going through those pee colored people to our south, people can and will have the same counter argument. Coach Prime needed a place with  equal footing, immediately, to shut up the critics. He can't simply buy talent and win at Colorado. He needs depth, great coaching, and talent to even begin to be successful. One can argue he's already turned the football world upside down even at 3-2 so far. Simply by not being 0-5 with a team that was 1-11 last year,  and knocking off a ranked opponent and being competitive with another (definitely not Oregon). None of that points to a guy who can't coach. 

If money could do it, there's no way FSU, LSU, Alabama, Texas, Florida,  etc. would ever not have a winning season. They throw money at EVERYTHING in their football world and obviously don't always experience success. 

Just admit that y'all are angry for whatever reason and not looking at this objectively. Coach Prime really can coach and we didn't land him. That doesn't take anything away from Coach Golesh. I hope he is the guy who will be everything that I wanted CWT to be. 

6 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I believe the jersey sales, commercials, brand recognition, sold out games, etc. are way more than just hype. I don't know why some of you have such a hard time with Dion's personality. He's thanking God every other sentence. He's allowed to be confident, he's earned it. Just because he's not soft spoken and kissing the rings of the football elite as he tiptoes around acting like being the coach of a D1 program is his dream come true, doesn't mean he's not a good coach. 

I'm REALLY trying to understand where the hate comes from. I have an idea, but I'm really trying to give some of you the benefit of the doubt. He's not Lovey or Dungie, but he's no Terrell Owens either (assuming y'all felt the same way about him) y. He chose not to come here, it hurt me too, but I don't hate him for it. 

All we had on our schedule to prove his team was as good as advertised was Alabama. When he really wins at Colorado in the next year or two, there is no "he's just out talenting weaker opponents." Which I'm sure people can and will say if we end up with a really good win loss record (assuming anyone in their right mind wanted to defend FCJS).

If/ when we win the conference without going through those pee colored people to our south, people can and will have the same counter argument. Coach Prime needed a place with  equal footing, immediately, to shut up the critics. He can't simply buy talent and win at Colorado. He needs depth, great coaching, and talent to even begin to be successful. One can argue he's already turned the football world upside down even at 3-2 so far. Simply by not being 0-5 with a team that was 1-11 last year,  and knocking off a ranked opponent and being competitive with another (definitely not Oregon). None of that points to a guy who can't coach. 

If money could do it, there's no way FSU, LSU, Alabama, Texas, Florida,  etc. would ever not have a winning season. They throw money at EVERYTHING in their football world and obviously don't always experience success. 

Just admit that y'all are angry for whatever reason and not looking at this objectively. Coach Prime really can coach and we didn't land him. That doesn't take anything away from Coach Golesh. I hope he is the guy who will be everything that I wanted CWT to be. 

I’ve never said I hate Deion. I wanted him to come here in full disclosure. I’m a Christian and I appreciate him giving glory to God.

Jersey sales etc…it’s all temporary. Assuming he’s successful at CU, he will jump ship.

When he does, they will be irrelevant again.

I remember the last time CU was relevant. It was the early 90s when they had Kordell Stewart, Rahsaan Sallam etc. I loved that team.

I am not hating on Deion, I’m more excited about Golesh.

I don’t care about temporary hype.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,664
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

Cheese and rice. Need a TL;DR summary

• Haha 1