Football Attendance

Bryson W

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

Even the funniest joke, told seven million times gets old.  It wasn't that funny nor witty.  So it has a much shorter life.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Even the funniest joke, told seven million times gets old.  It wasn't that funny nor witty.  So it has a much shorter life.

If someone could photoshop that logo to has a puff of gas exiting it may bring a new element. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

No, not difficult - just not advantageous. If every school out there not named Michigan, Alabama or Notre Dame use the 'tix distributed' metric, we're all on the same, etched in pencil, page. Imagine the humiliation that any number of schools would have to suffer it was trip-the-turnstile counting that mattered. But, our good friends at the NCAA do have a minimum ticketing requirement for FBS eligibility: http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/AMA/Division I Forms/2010-11 FBS Forms/Football Bowl Subqa 12 8 10.pdf.

This is from several years ago, but engaging, nonetheless.

UalGxgj.png

Yeah that’s how I see it as well. It’s like a sales guy providing you how many dials he made rather than sales closed. Only one of those metrics really matters.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,671
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Sorta related...talking to a guy at the gym today, and he said that about five years ago they were offered the opportunity to switch to the east side from the west side. I recall a handful of couples who used to sit near us also were "persuaded" to move to the west side. Anyone have any background on that? Just curious. 

Was this maybe between the 2014 and 2015 season?  In 2014 and earlier, it was cheaper to get seats on the East side of the stadium relative to the same section on the West side.  You faced the sun more, but you saved a good amount of cash.  In 2015, the pricing changed and suddenly you paid the same regardless of which side you sat on.    I remember some of the reasons believed to cause this was trying to at least fill one side of the stadium for TV purposes.  

2014 Football Seating Map.pdf 2015 Football Seating Map.pdf

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,369
  • Days Won:  8

15 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Sorta related...talking to a guy at the gym today, and he said that about five years ago they were offered the opportunity to switch to the east side from the west side. I recall a handful of couples who used to sit near us also were "persuaded" to move to the west side. Anyone have any background on that? Just curious. 

The family section used to be 226 - 229 on the East Side - those sections were converted to visitors seating when the upper deck was closed after the 2013 or 2014 season

We were in 228 at the time and we were offered comparable seats in section 218 - ultimately we chose new seats in 215 and we have been there ever since 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

3 hours ago, 00Bull said:

Yeah that’s how I see it as well. It’s like a sales guy providing you how many dials he made rather than sales closed. Only one of those metrics really matters.

The metric that really matters is tickets sold, not distributed or scanned, and I don't think that figure has ever been broken out publicly on a game to game basis ....... that I've seen.

47 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The metric that really matters is tickets sold, not distributed or scanned, and I don't think that figure has ever been broken out publicly on a game to game basis ....... that I've seen.

I don’t disagree. After tickets purchased, would then be scanned tickets and the last and least reliable is what continually gets quoted…distributed. 

4 hours ago, Boomer said:

Was this maybe between the 2014 and 2015 season?  In 2014 and earlier, it was cheaper to get seats on the East side of the stadium relative to the same section on the West side.  You faced the sun more, but you saved a good amount of cash.  In 2015, the pricing changed and suddenly you paid the same regardless of which side you sat on.    I remember some of the reasons believed to cause this was trying to at least fill one side of the stadium for TV purposes.  

2014 Football Seating Map.pdf 742.19 kB · 2 downloads 2015 Football Seating Map.pdf 948.19 kB · 2 downloads

Agreed. It was a consolidation of remaining USF ticket holders to the home side as attendance fell. The season prior to the move they had moved the band from the side/corner to the student section for the same reason.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,274
  • Days Won:  10

The crowd looked great watching the game on my laptop. The fans are doing their part. Having watched other AAC teams over the last few seasons ( Temple, Tulsa, and even SMU), and their stadiums always look empty.

It's something I am sure Power 4 conferences are aware of. If we draw great crowds when we are bad against FAMU, can you imagine what our crowds will look like in an OCS when we are winning again?

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

40 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

I don’t disagree. After tickets purchased, would then be scanned tickets and the last and least reliable is what continually gets quoted…distributed. 

True ..... but as long as we're comparing apples to apples with all the other programs, it's all good. Although that graphic up there wasn't really all that complete considering the small print disclaimer about teams not participating in the survey.