Texas & OU leaving makes big 12 a boring trash conference now 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

2 hours ago, Brad said:

I'm a Pitsburgh Pirates fan.  If instead of playing major league teams, they were allowed to play minor league teams, don't you think.....nevermind, nobody goes to their games anyway.

Pittsburgh attendance woes aside, I usually appreciate analogies but prefer reality based ones ..... and that one wasn't.

2 hours ago, Brad said:

It does matter who you play, virtue aside.

I guarantee the team I coached was a helluva lot more fun to watch when we played a great opponent....family came out for those games and these are their kids.  No one wants to see **** teams no matter how big a fan you claim to be, even many parents.  For you, it may not matter who we play, but "real" USF fans do consider the quality of the opposition.  And that's okay.

Apparently it doesn't to a lot of our fans ... and nothing to do with virtue, just fandom ... and those USF fans that care more about who USF is playing than USF itself are almost as bad as those parents who don't go to watch their own kids play unless they're playing a great opponent. That's ****** up.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,302
  • Days Won:  490

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Pittsburgh attendance woes aside, I usually appreciate analogies but prefer reality based ones ..... and that one wasn't.

You don’t need it to be a realistic option in the MLB, but it’s just exactly what it is in college football.  The range in talent in FBS is significantly greater than the talent in MLB, no doubt. 

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Apparently it doesn't to a lot of our fans ... and nothing to do with virtue, just fandom ... and those USF fans that care more about who USF is playing than USF itself are almost as bad as those parents who don't go to watch their own kids play unless they're playing a great opponent. That's ****** up.

It’s not, and you should realize your feelings aren’t fact.  

Even in high school, there’s more attendance for games where your school is playing better opponents, then weaker opponents. It’s a fact.  A **** fact.  

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

You don’t need it to be a realistic option in the MLB, but it’s just exactly what it is in college football.  The range in talent in FBS is significantly greater than the talent in MLB, no doubt. 

It wasn't realistic because you're comparing a mythical scenario of a major league team playing minor league teams to the reality of a minor league team playing minor league teams.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,659
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Brad said:

I'm a Pitsburgh Pirates fan.  If instead of playing major league teams, they were allowed to play minor league teams, don't you think.....nevermind, nobody goes to their games anyway

From a STL fan, that's what they get for canning Clint Hurdle. I get they were on a downslide but he was the man. Took that turd of an organization (lately) to relevancy.

Edited by Sk00b
Alright. They were good back in the day

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

It’s not, and you should realize your feelings aren’t fact.

Even in high school, there’s more attendance for games where your school is playing better opponents, then weaker opponents. It’s a fact.  A **** fact.  

I didn't say it wasn't a fact. I said it was ****** up that parents are going to watch their own kids play based on the opponent ..... I guess it's the old fashioned coming out.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

Crowds are pretty sparse at minor league stadiums for games between minor league teams

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,146
  • Days Won:  109

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I didn't say it wasn't a fact. I said it was ****** up that parents are going to watch their own kids play based on the opponent ..... I guess it's the old fashioned coming out.

Did someone say old fashioned? 

image.png.d48dc179b88ab5d71a6294ae528327d3.png

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It wasn't realistic because you're comparing a mythical scenario of a major league team playing minor league teams to the reality of a minor league team playing minor league teams.

Mythical.  Ok

I’m asking you to consider it wasn’t “mythical” but an equivalent comparison “theoretically” ….maybe?