Football Attendance

Bryson W

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

24 minutes ago, Brad said:

Keep in mind our defense has been known to disappear. 

Consistency is key for Dilfer's offense as well as our defense.  I don't know much about Trent's offense, but I do know our defense has shown flashes of capability but have also shown replays of what made it the worse in the country last year.

We helped make the blazing iguanas look good.  

They at least put up points against Tulane, UGA, and Georgia Southern. Speaking of one of USF’s first football rivals they seem to be doing well this season. Same with Georgia State. If the AAC expands I believe they should get a Georgia school. Would make for closer travel partner for USF. Hopefully GSU since they are in Atlanta.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,426
  • Content Count:  98,335
  • Days Won:  490

Just now, Bull Matrix said:

Speaking of one of USF’s first football rivals they seem to be doing well this season. Same with Georgia State. If the AAC expands I believe they should get a Georgia school. Would make for closer travel partner for USF. Hopefully GSU since they are in Atlanta.

We need to think bigger than how far can 300 people drive?  Or maybe not.  

Which one is GSU?  State or Southern?  

We need to stop targeting the lower echelons.  Maybe it's too late.  Perhaps the dream is dead. 

Of all people, you should be craving a real conference with real teams, even if we have to buy airline tickets or watch at home.  GSU, either one, is a disaster for our brand in Tampa.  

But back to UAB, I don't follow them.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

We need to think bigger than how far can 300 people drive?  Or maybe not.  

Which one is GSU?  State or Southern?  

We need to stop targeting the lower echelons.  Maybe it's too late.  Perhaps the dream is dead. 

Of all people, you should be craving a real conference with real teams, even if we have to buy airline tickets or watch at home.  GSU, either one, is a disaster for our brand in Tampa.  

But back to UAB, I don't follow them.

Yeah but I’m just thinking for USF’s short term as I do believe USF will be leaving the AAC in the long term. Georgia St would be an interesting add due to adding the ATL market. I wanted to link Georgia Southern in due to them winning this season 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

47 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yeah but I’m just thinking for USF’s short term as I do believe USF will be leaving the AAC in the long term. Georgia St would be an interesting add due to adding the ATL market. I wanted to link Georgia Southern in due to them winning this season 

Who cases... destroy ::insert irrelevant team here:: and move on. I don't care if it's Georgia State or Gambling State. A win against either is ho hum and nobody cares. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  615

Based on Brads comments about the UAB locals, I did a quick Internet search. Undergrad population of UAB students is 10-12k and 62% female. Seems like a good place to find a date, but not sure those numbers translate well to football interest especially in a state that already has 2 football schools followed with religious fervor. 

At this point USF and AAC interests aren’t aligned, so USF should be blocking any more attempts to bring in these “up and coming” schools. 

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,119
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, Bullcocky said:

Who cases... destroy ::insert irrelevant team here:: and move on. I don't care if it's Georgia State or Gambling State. A win against either is ho hum and nobody cares. 

Pick up Kennesaw State from the ASUN.  Lord knows the AAC doesn't have enough "Owls" in it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,426
  • Content Count:  98,335
  • Days Won:  490

58 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Seems like a good place to find a date

Can agree to that.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,014
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, 00Bull said:

Based on Brads comments about the UAB locals, I did a quick Internet search. Undergrad population of UAB students is 10-12k and 62% female. Seems like a good place to find a date, but not sure those numbers translate well to football interest especially in a state that already has 2 football schools followed with religious fervor. 

At this point USF and AAC interests aren’t aligned, so USF should be blocking any more attempts to bring in these “up and coming” schools. 

Yup, nobody else out there that adds value; no use spreading the AAC money even more thin. After the last round of expansion, AAC leadership cannot be trusted and there should be no more expansion (I don’t mind the military academies, there’s respect for them no matter how good at football they are). Adding the likes of UNT, Charlotte, FAU, etc has been nothing but disastrous, they all suck and are terrible at athletics and branding. We need to just win as much as possible and get out, our first chance. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  615

29 minutes ago, michibull said:

Yup, nobody else out there that adds value; no use spreading the AAC money even more thin. After the last round of expansion, AAC leadership cannot be trusted and there should be no more expansion (I don’t mind the military academies, there’s respect for them no matter how good at football they are). Adding the likes of UNT, Charlotte, FAU, etc has been nothing but disastrous, they all suck and are terrible at athletics and branding. We need to just win as much as possible and get out, our first chance. 

Indeed. Was thinking that most are familiar with the concept of “addition by subtraction”. From USFs POV as being one of the last adults still stuck at the designated kids table, the addition of these new schools is actually “subtraction by addition”. Our own fault but USF and UAB are not peers regardless of the outcome of the game.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,148
  • Days Won:  109

Oh Goodie. Devolving into another conference thread. Move it over to the main one and let's get to 4,000 pages.