Football Attendance

Bryson W

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some drop in attendance from current season ticket holders once the OCS is up and running. Anytime there is a change in the pricing model, the hard decision gets made. Do I value the experience enough to part with $X? Have I capitalized on being grandfathered in at $x? Do I really want to attend games without club access and seats for the experience of a concourse and benches? At the same time, however, I think the new stadium will generate sufficient interest to sell enough season tickets to offset the drop. It's new, it's on campus (which might not be a strong selling point to absolutely everyone), and people want to be a part of that, even if it is AAC football. I think the stadium will be more of a draw for future generations of Bulls fans than might be the case with those who have become comfortably numb with an NFL venue. Out with the old, in with the new. :iconic_u_black:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

44 minutes ago, Brad said:

Some of our amateur economists think you can create demand by having fewer seats, but you can't.  Nor do you create demand by having higher priced seats.  You can exploit demand, but not create it.  As prices rise, less quantity is demanded.  They will still need these seats to be relatively competitive with today's.  People aren't going to buy them, let alone hold on to them for the novelty alone.  Sure there will be some big spenders that will pay outrageous prices for the best in the house, but they're not the type will see sitting there!  

Something like that.  Thanks Ron Colley, Intermediate Price Theory, USF School of Business.

Could be wrong but I'm thinking the actual seats that come with Club access in the ocs will be relatively competitive with today's so there may not be much a problem there. I'm guessing it's going to be the ones currently buying the cheaper season tix available but then getting their donation level up to $1000 to acquire Club access that will be hit the hardest if they still desire Club access in the new stadium ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Could be wrong but I'm thinking the actual seats that come with Club access in the ocs will be relatively competitive with today's so there may not be much a problem there. I'm guessing it's going to be the ones currently buying the cheaper season tix available but then getting their donation level up to $1000 to acquire Club access that will be hit the hardest if they still desire Club access in the new stadium ...

That makes some sense that there could be a pinch at the lower end, but I think there will likely be at the higher end too (that's where the money is).  Regarding lower end, they were selling $99 season tickets not long ago (and in 1997) 😂.  

My advice to USF would be to not allow the donation to get non-club into the club, but you have to buy tickets in a club-standard section.   And just like I have today - two tickets in a higher donor area, but I can buy 8 other cheap STs and because of my donation, they have club access too.  That probably is not a good business plan.  Doesn't give you much control over # in the club and the quality of the club either.  

All of it is interesting talk about something we're all ready to learn sooner rather than later...

I do remember when Harlan changed the donation/ticketing algebra, I went from ten tickets to zero for one year, because my costs did skyrocket.  I was told I was an outlier.  Maybe so.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,743
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, Brad said:

That makes some sense that there could be a pinch at the lower end, but I think there will likely be at the higher end too (that's where the money is).  Regarding lower end, they were selling $99 season tickets not long ago (and in 1997) 😂.  

My advice to USF would be to not allow the donation to get non-club into the club, but you have to buy tickets in a club-standard section.   And just like I have today - two tickets in a higher donor area, but I can buy 8 other cheap STs and because of my donation, they have club access too.  That probably is not a good business plan.  Doesn't give you much control over # in the club and the quality of the club either.  

All of it is interesting talk about something we're all ready to learn sooner rather than later...

I do remember when Harlan changed the donation/ticketing algebra, I went from ten tickets to zero for one year, because my costs did skyrocket.  I was told I was an outlier.  Maybe so.

They still have the 100ish dollar seats.

They sure do, like $130 or so now

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Nothing wrong with it at ray jay. We need fans in the stands.  USF anyone wants to spend their hard earned money with inflation and the cost of living so **** high. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Pretty sure that's going to be a given ..... but John will weigh in, I'm sure.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  6,307
  • Days Won:  12

37 minutes ago, Brad said:

I have sat in the end zone for a long time and love it. I like being able to bring my entire family to the games without going broke. It’s gonna be tough when the prices rise with the new stadium. If prices rise considerably, I think you’ll see less kids in the stands because a lot of families won’t be able to afford to bring them. Hopefully any price increases will be reasonable or families like mine will be left out. 

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Upvote 1

I agree.  I hope families can make it work   

And we have to grow the next generation of Bulls fans, students and players. My kids are still watching bulls football after all these years and we spent every Saturday in the stadium.

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

We all want the same thing to watch USF win. WE all just express it differently. I just don't want diehard fans don't get priced out.  I  hope people with kids and big families don't get priced out. I have cheaper seats but still support my bulls. I guess we will just have to wait and see what the stadium seat prices are.

Edited by Outlaw