Was anyone else disappointed w/football team?

gurlybull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

i wish i could wear baggy jeans below my waist to court today

Go for it, steve. You could be a fashion trend setter ..... and what better way to throw your competition off.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gurlybull

• FazaUSF

• cee

• Triple B

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Ditto on agreeing with Cee.

For once, his head isn't jammed up his rectum.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

Ditto on agreeing with Cee.

For once, his head isn't jammed up his rectum.

notice how everyone jumps on the bandwaggon-- you guys are like a bunch of lemmings that just follow the leader

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

notice how everyone jumps on the bandwaggon-- you guys are like a bunch of lemmings that just follow the leader

Squirrel.GIF

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Well, it's so infrequently that you post something that's worth agreeing with...

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286

I want a bunch of Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrsion type of guys on and off the field.  Guys who apprieciate and understand the role they have as players and representatives of our community on and off the field. That's one reason we rally behind our team isn't it, because they are an extension of something bigger... Community.  I also want a coach like Tony Dungy who instills dicsipline and dedication into his players.  Who encourages virtue and character and not just victories on the field.  The majority of USF football fans, as observed by myself at home games, don't relate to the hip hop culture.  Why is it asking to much to expect our players, in every sport, to want to represent the USF community in such a way that the majority of us can relate to.  Image is everything to many.  And many of us aren't happy with the image some USF athletes, particularly football athletes, are conveying.        

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Ha, so now I am being racist?  YOU ARE THE ONE WHO ASSUMED EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON THE COURT WAS AFRICAN AMERICAN.

Show me a single comment I wrote that was racist.  Give me a break, now you are just digging.  The point of the thread was to get peoples opinions on a dress code for Athletes.  Don't personally attack me and make up ********.  I am a bulls fan too.  Drop it.

**and for the record, I didn't write bullcrap, what I wrote was edited.

You don't get it,  hopefully some day you will.  

Oh btw, for the record I didn't call you a racist.

Guest tulderbull

Lets remember they are not the Harrison's or Mannings, nor are they making neat that amount.  Trust me when I say if they were they would be buying the most pimped out suits money could buy.  Some people may not like it but I can garuntee that those suits would be purple and in total pimp wear.  Anyhow back to the facts.  These are students first, isn't that what everyone wants,  I agree they should have worn something nicer but that is up to the coaches to demand them to wear proper clothing.  If the coach doesn't let them know like I am sure Jim had nothing to do with this, then hey there are going to wear what they normally wear.  I am sure some looked thuggish, I am sure there were even a few white preppy looking guys if any of the white guys showed up.  If you want them to look the same the university should fork up some money and get them all the same outfit. Which the university does not do.  So do not expect them to look like a team in that retrospect.  Now they all do have the same work out clothes but I am sure if they wore that someone would think they were just juice heads and wanted to lift some weights inside of jump people.

Now to some other comments about them and a dark ally.  90% of these players are great guys and like others said are "yes sir, no sir" guys.  if you are going to judge someone by the way they look then shame on you.  I look totally different at my work then I do at home.  Just as these players do.  When they are required to wear clothing it is done.  Away game they have a green jump suit.  Even the away games in Waco Texas when it is 96 degrees outside we had to wear a jump suit.  Too cheap. to by short for the guys.  Also go to the awards banquet when they are told to wear nice clothes.   You will see for the most part a sharp looking team.  

Should we assume cheerleader and the Sun dolls are easy b/c of some of the clothes they wear.  Just trying to make a point.  I LOVE WHAT THEY WEAR.  

Also if you want our guys to be big time treat them as so.  They don't get a lot of perks other schools get with Job fairs, recruiting fairs, other schools even have meet and greet time with agents.  USF does none of the above for their athletes.  

If you want them to dress the same, give them clothes.  If you want them to act the same, treat them the same, show support, I know most do but how many of our players have been hired by someone supporting the football program like at other schools.  Remember this is just my opinion.  

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

I want a bunch of Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrsion  Ã‚ 

Hey I do too...If we had them we would be playing USC

• Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

First and foremost... being clean shaven and walking a fine military line doesn't equate to victories (see Men's Basketball, circa 2003-present day).

Second, these same guys that don't conform to USF standards, if I recall, did get accepted by the same standards other students got into USF with. No offense... but my first two years of college, I would say 95% of the students in my classes had the intellectual ability of a seventh grader. It only got better after weeding the inept, drug using, mom and dad catered, rich little white kids that went to college because mom and dad slipped them through the system.

Gurlybull... you said you bought 12 tickets... that's a lot of cheddar for a college student. Mom and dad pay the visa, rent, car payment, insurance? I had the GI Bill while in college and I **** well know I couldn't buy 12 tickets for any one single game. Not every "black" athlete on our team was born with a silver spoon in their mouth (Hugh Smith was the exception -- mom and dad were lawyers). Not only that... but the NCAA places limits on what the schollie athlete can make... you think that money is going to a suit? Hell no! I still don't own a suit (I'm 30 years old)... although I finally bought a sports jacket for interviews (after I graduated).

Pants pulled down, cornrows, hats on sideways... hell... I've tried all of these fashion statements once in my life, and still wear the hat sideways. What makes the guys pounding their chests painted in green and gold any different than these athletes with their drawers falling down. They all look ridiculous... but they are dressing to what pleases them. Sorry we can't have a Leave It to Beaver football team. We save that for our basketball team (which probably won't win as many games as the football team this season). There is not enough money floating around in athletics to get similar warmups for all these guys, girls, etc.

Those guys didn't have to show up for the basketball game... but they love USF as much as we do. Give them some credit for supporting their boys.

And if you're shocked by what they were wearing to the game, you would have lost it at former player Patrick Peyton's wake three years ago in Liberty City. I was overdressed wearing a tie, to say the least. It's a cultural difference... deal with it. If you are going to bankroll a collared shirt and tie to each one of the players, maybe they will conform more to the "white crowd", instead of the "wrong crowd".  

Now can we all be friends... and sorry about the personal attacks there gurlybull... this addresses a couple of people in here... I bullieve you had the main arguement. Although Bulliever should let me spend some personal time with his kids so I can make them thug tough... I need to take them back to my hood... MattieGunz has been there...

And anyone that has been to the players ball know our guys would be wearing lime green, bright yellow, purple and what ever other "loud" color suits they could come up with. I saw some pin stripes suits that made me think our guys had busted out of jail, for what its worth.