Was anyone else disappointed w/football team?

gurlybull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996
  • Days Won:  0

They were there to promote ticket sales to the Bowl Game to fans who were in attendance at the Basketball Games.  

It may not change their skills on the field, but it can affect how people look at our school.  They were representing our entire team and all of their supporters...

I know it would have been an entirely different response from the crowd had they been dressed with some bit of professionalism.  Sure, the students cheered, but the crowd on the other side looked a little shocked.  They are the ones with the pocketbooks.  

Again, this thread was to see what everyone thought about a dress code.  It is obvious that your opinion is no.  Move on.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gurlybull

• FazaUSF

• cee

• Triple B

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,319
  • Days Won:  11

i never suggested that it had anything to do with racism, did i?  my whole point is that it is a matter of one person's personal preference over someone else's.. how do you define what is inappropriate and what isnt?

How about how the American public defines it? Be reasonable. If you want to disagree with the American public, then fine, make a political bandstand in the Mad Cow Lounge.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

Nobody is saying the players' garb was terrible; some folks just felt they could have gone a little farther to represent USF in a nicer manner, that's all. Criminal activity has nothing to do with this - why do you have such a chip on your shoulder?

you're hilarious!  wearing clothing from the Gap or Banana Republic wont help them represent USF in a "nicer manner".. i think they represent USF just fine by being themselves.  and those clothes are obviously clothes that they wouldve wanted to wear anyways.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

This is their job.  We pay them with an education.  When they are doing their job they should act accordingly.  Bosses decide uniforms.  You are expected to dress and act a certain way.  I think what they do on their own time is their business, however, when they are representing my school, it is my time.  Athletes are put on a pedastool in the public eye and should act accordingly.  Don't like it, don't play football.

you're hilarious!  wearing clothing from the Gap or Banana Republic wont help them represent USF in a "nicer manner".. i think they represent USF just fine by being themselves.  and those clothes are obviously clothes that they wouldve wanted to wear anyways.

Next time a USF administrator, Athletics employee, or even RA walks by, ask them if they would be so nicely dressed if it wasn't for the fact that they must represent the university. Bet you many of them would say no. The same goes for any job - I bet you the majority of people would LOVE to go into work in flip flops.... but that's not very professional, which is why most workplaces don't allow it. This concept is analogous to football players representing our university. Don't like it, don't go to official events in an official manner as a football player.

This is their job.  We pay them with an education.  When they are doing their job they should act accordingly.  Bosses decide uniforms.  You are expected to dress and act a certain way.  I think what they do on their own time is their business, however, when they are representing my school, it is my time.  Athletes are put on a pedastool in the public eye and should act accordingly.  Don't like it, don't play football.

these kids got FOOTBALL scholarships-- their job 1st and foremost is to play ball.. if they were brought in to kiss up to some corporate highbrows, then they wouldve gotten scholarships for buttkissing.

i do believe that they should dress accordingly in regards to formal settings, like award ceremonies of the sort.. for instance, it was nice seeing the heisman hopefuls dressing up this past weekend.. but a USF basketball game?  i think we can let an event like that slide when it comes to dress code

The same goes for any job - I bet you the majority of people would LOVE to go into work in flip flops.... but that's not very professional, which is why most workplaces don't allow it.

sorry, but an office workplace and being invited to a USF basketball game to go on the court and throw out goodies to the crowd are 2 different settings.. like i have said, i think they need to dress appropriately when the event calls for it, but a recreational event like a basketball game, nah..

these kids got FOOTBALL scholarships-- their job 1st and foremost is to play ball.. if they were brought in to kiss up to some corporate highbrows, then they wouldve gotten scholarships for buttkissing.

i do believe that they should dress accordingly in regards to formal settings, like award ceremonies of the sort.. for instance, it was nice seeing the heisman hopefuls dressing up this past weekend.. but a USF basketball game?  i think we can let an event like that slide when it comes to dress code

Okay, understood, your opinion is noted and adheres to the purpose of this thread.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

sorry, but an office workplace and being invited to a USF basketball game to go on the court and throw out goodies to the crowd are 2 different settings.. like i have said, i think they need to dress appropriately when the event calls for it, but a recreational event like a basketball game, nah..

I'm in complete agreement with the Peoples Chump on this and it's very very disconcerting ....   :-/

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

is gurly a girl?

i wish i could wear baggy jeans below my waist to court today

oh yeah i am disappointed that footbulls didnt beat uconn