Our new rivals.

BigShoop

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I agree Triple, ND gets 1.3 if they go 5-6 and the non BCS conferences get 1.3 total a year, where is the fairness in that. Tell ND to go and get some sort of conference affiliation (will never happen) because it is not fair that they get special treatment for being the Irish.

ND will get rocked by Ohio State anyway.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe

• Triple B

• Matt

• Cubanbull

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  48
  • Days Won:  0

Well, if true, it will be interesting to watch how the voting changes in the Coaches Poll.   :D

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

i am sure an anti trust suit  will be filed or more modifications bcs bowl equation in  a year or so

the non bcs schools need to smarten up

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

EA Sports

One of your more level headed posts .....

TB

Thanks...no wonder it made me tired.

Guess I'm not use to that.

KL

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

You've got some mix-up between schools.  The only thing that's hated among USF/UCF is that UCF internet faithful dispise USF.

Hell the rivalry between us pretty much 95% from Orlando.  You said there must be mutual hatred, well at least we've had success against UL, more that UCF has had against us in the modern era.  

First of all, you love to cry this "they are the ones that want the rivalry not us" whiny crap all the time.  So, I ask you, if the rivalry is 95% from Orlando, was 95% of the crowd at the game from UCF?

Obviously not.  If you look at your crowd at that game, you will see who THE PEOPLE feel are the rivals.  What would that crowd have been had we actually won a game prior to that one?

Who knows.  Obviously not you.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

Fans will decide who becomes our rivals . we will see with time

1.  We outrecruit them year in and year out.  It's to the point now that we compete less and less for the same recruits, because we're in another stratosphere in terms of prestige now.

In your opinion.  Look, we only fight for about 4 or 5 guys a year.  We took Burnett from you guys last year.  I think you took two guys that had UCF offers as well.

Either way, the point is, we will fight for very few players directly because we only go after great ones that fit our needs.  Of course, Leavitt could start recruiting a decent QB.  That would help.

2.  We make 10x the money they do based on our new conference affiliations.  The gap between our programs will grow exponentially from here on out.

Of course, the gap you are referring to will only remain if the programs were to stay in their respective conferences for the next 10 years.  Oh, and then there is the whole BCS breakup or midification and who knows what else.

So, yeah, you are going to "exponentially" get better for YEARS, I am sure.

3.  We stomped them into the ground like a dirty cigarette butt on 9/17.  In case you forgot, that game wasn't even competitive.

Correct.  But the coaches modified the game plan and made some personnel moves.  They obviously paid off.

Remember, we are still rebuilding.

I fail to understand why people on this board continue to give a modicum of respect to the UCF program.  This is a program that went 0-17, with a FULL SEASON of losses to lowly MAC teams.  Have we forgotten that?  We showed on 9/17 that they don't belong on the same field as us, and we'll show it again next September.

After that, maybe all this silly rivaly talk with UCF will cease, because it's quite ridiculous.

Maybe you will.  I suspect it will be a better game but I think UCF will come out on top.  It isn't like you guys beat a good team away from RayJay.  Even this year with your world class RB.

And I have mentioned on the other board many times but you don't seem to understand.  O'Leary can simply get what some cosider 2-star guys to play like 3 and 4 star players on the field.

The George O'Leary era is in its early stages.  Give it some time.  Oh, wait.  I am talking to you.   :(

Ya'll are really missing a big point here.  If we are going to try and schedule a D-I team out of our conference, it really should be against a BCS conference team.  You don't get better by playing teams like UCF every year.  At best you get a chance to "screw-up" once a season.  

Lets keep trying to schedule home-and-aways with teams like Penn State, Miami, Florida etc... Keep in mind that this young Bulls team has reached some of these lofty goals because we set our sights so high.  We probably wouldn't have beaten Louisville, Rutgers and Cinncinatti this year if we hadn't allready seen a teams twice as good (Penn State and Miami).

Lets not schedule a yearly "land-mine" game against a team in a dead conference.  Let's keep up with the "aim-high" attitude and expectations.  

BTW, that "dead" conference sent more teams to bowls than yours.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

Well i would hope so CUSA has 12 teams the Big East has 8. It would be a **** shame if the BE had more Bowl teams.

Well i would hope so CUSA has 12 teams the Big East has 8. It would be a **** shame if the BE had more Bowl teams.

It does allow for more OOC games.

Of course, you have to win them.