Important OCS Update

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,977
  • Days Won:  436

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

I know was just checking to see if he would write another book explaining it again… 

I don’t know. He’s kind of shy about repeating things over and over again …

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,674
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Are you now saying that both the ACC & PAC are off the table…..

I’m saying that should anything happen with them it will have nothing to do with a stadium renderings and that if they were doing a cost benefit analysis of the teams if we had a stadium it would go into a negative column while the current stadium would go into the positive column. 

Conference affiliation is volatile at best and focus should be on competing today and not long term plans that have high costs and long term commitments. 

If you were just looking at an investment opportunity would be you pick the stadium with record high building costs in a sport with declining attendance numbers at a school with declining attendance numbers that is having continued conference affiliation decline and is hopeful of instability or pick anything else at random?

This is a bad focus, a bad investment, at a bad time by people in need of covering the glaring issues and there is no defensible reason for it other than  but I want one.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,674
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

He’s saying there never was a table ….

7 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I know was just checking to see if he would write another book explaining it again… 

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don’t know. He’s kind of shy about repeating things over and over again …

Ask and ye shall receive, being consistent and giving details as for one’s beliefs even if they are not in lock step with leadership is only a bad thing in cults and institutions of fraud.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,676
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m saying that should anything happen with them it will have nothing to do with a stadium renderings and that if they were doing a cost benefit analysis of the teams if we had a stadium it would go into a negative column while the current stadium would go into the positive column. 

Conference affiliation is volatile at best and focus should be on competing today and not long term plans that have high costs and long term commitments. 

If you were just looking at an investment opportunity would be you pick the stadium with record high building costs in a sport with declining attendance numbers at a school with declining attendance numbers that is having continued conference affiliation decline and is hopeful of instability or pick anything else at random?

This is a bad focus, a bad investment, at a bad time by people in need of covering the glaring issues and there is no defensible reason for it other than  but I want one.

On one hand, it's hard to argue/disagree with this. However, i think a stadium is a necessity even if we stay in the current conference. I don't think we need a $340M stadium. I'm not going to complain when they build it but i feel like you could knock a good $140M+ off that somewhere.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  5,632
  • Days Won:  10

We, as a fanbase, are so starved for good news that taking away an OCS or diminishing it now that it has been dangled in front of us might motivate some to want to discuss it further.

frankenstein.jpg.0fd5edcf10031b6cd63987a0c5f22e6f.jpg

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I guess they probably know things that we don’t right now. Hopefully everyone will stay tuned…. The best has yet to come…

2 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

We, as a fanbase, are so starved for good news that taking away an OCS or diminishing it now that it has been dangled in front of us might motivate some to want to discuss it further.

frankenstein.jpg.0fd5edcf10031b6cd63987a0c5f22e6f.jpg

I can tell you I would throw in the towel if the OCS does not happen by 2026/27…

53 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

On one hand, it's hard to argue/disagree with this. However, i think a stadium is a necessity even if we stay in the current conference. I don't think we need a $340M stadium. I'm not going to complain when they build it but i feel like you could knock a good $140M+ off that somewhere.

I guess the price tag of the OCS raises the question. Does those on the inside already know USF is going to be in good situation??  Interesting times indeed…

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,323
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I guess the price tag of the OCS raises the question. Does those on the inside already know USF is going to be in good situation??  Interesting times indeed…

That's my biggest worry. If they change the price tag downward I will be very disappointed. It has to be something akin to what Houston, Colorado State, and San Diego State got, not FAU or Tulane. Otherwise I don't see the point.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

That's my biggest worry. If they change the price tag downward I will be very disappointed. It has to be something akin to what Houston, Colorado State, and San Diego State got, not FAU or Tulane. Otherwise I don't see the point.

Exactly. So far I have not seen or heard anything that USF Is going to change course with OCS. President Rhea won’t be going backwards but forwards. Remember when she said there was more to come?  Maybe that was another clue??