Important OCS Update

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,379
  • Days Won:  491

So how does the recent destruction in CFB leaving older, established teams from a P5 conference harmed and financially impacted by the networks, with more of that to come, impact the approval of the stadium and all the debt.  

The stadium was to get us ready for the "next" P5 move upward and it seems we may be close to the end of that and in fact see a flushing of P5 teams in the next phase.

From a financial perspective, this stadium just got a little dicier.  Whether that impacts the BoT or final decision makers remains to be seen.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  4,191
  • Days Won:  5

54 minutes ago, Brad said:

So how does the recent destruction in CFB leaving older, established teams from a P5 conference harmed and financially impacted by the networks, with more of that to come, impact the approval of the stadium and all the debt.  

The stadium was to get us ready for the "next" P5 move upward and it seems we may be close to the end of that and in fact see a flushing of P5 teams in the next phase.

From a financial perspective, this stadium just got a little dicier.  Whether that impacts the BoT or final decision makers remains to be seen.

Truth.  But we must pursue any avenue to improve our situation even if our new objective is just to supplant one of the P5 teams being shed.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,981
  • Days Won:  436

50 minutes ago, Brad said:

That would have been a perk. It's time for a stadium no matter who we're playing against .... the nut may have been facilitated by a P5 invite but I'm assuming they were smart enough not to count on it in there financial calculations.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It's time for a stadium no matter who we're playing against .... the nut may have been facilitated by a P5 invite but I'm assuming they were smart enough not to count on it in there financial calculations.

I think this is wrong on many fronts.

To be safe, we'd better hope that FSU rocks the boat and brings about the final expansion of the P5.

And it doesn't matter what they counted on it their calculations, but it matters from whomever they plan to get the money.  

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I still will understand why so many people are worried about the P5. I’m pretty sure USF was already aware of something like this so they probably already factored in.

• Go Bulls! 1

I think its relevancy.  We all know that without relevancy and recognizable opponents, the area won't sell out a 35000 stadium.  Add more losing and ....

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  859
  • Days Won:  1

35 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I still will understand why so many people are worried about the P5. I’m pretty sure USF was already aware of something like this so they probably already factored in.

And I don't understand how so many people can be confident in USF's leadership to not **** the bed for once. USF has not been good at planning when it comes to athletics.

33 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think its relevancy.  We all know that without relevancy and recognizable opponents, the area won't sell out a 35000 stadium.  Add more losing and ....

Bingo! Who the **** wants to watch Charlotte or UAB in muggy humid rainy 100 degree weather. Of course my dumb ass will be there but surely not the casuals we need to attract.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

That would have been a perk. It's time for a stadium no matter who we're playing against .... the nut may have been facilitated by a P5 invite but I'm assuming they were smart enough not to count on it in there financial calculations.

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I think this is wrong on many fronts.

To be safe, we'd better hope that FSU rocks the boat and brings about the final expansion of the P5.

And it doesn't matter what they counted on it their calculations, but it matters from whomever they plan to get the money.  

1 hour ago, Brad said:

More losing will kill any projections no matter who they're playing ..... and I'm assuming they weren't ciphering in selling out every game. Our last "boom" era (2016-2018) we averaged around 33K for conf games ...... not even factoring in the Infestations. I'm totally guessing that number would work for a new stadium but obviously don't know. Bottom line, i think the fans coming back then were primarily coming to watch USF and it didn't matter who they were playing.

I imagine we'll lose to Alabama, but will have more people there than if we lost to Western Alabama A&M.

33K announced or in attendance - not a joke.

Well,  butts in the seats will be more important than ever since no-shows are cutting into OUR revenue.

I'll restate.  If I am the financier, I have new, serious issues to understand with the way CFB is going.

Get the FSU thing done and I can feel better about putting money on it (as the financier).  

19 minutes ago, Brad said:

I imagine we'll lose to Alabama, but will have more people there than if we lost to Western Alabama A&M.

33K announced or in attendance - not a joke.

Well,  butts in the seats will be more important than ever since no-shows are cutting into OUR revenue.

I'll restate.  If I am the financier, I have new, serious issues to understand with the way CFB is going.

Get the FSU thing done and I can feel better about putting money on it (as the financier).  

I guess I don't understand the process. Isn't the project based on the current situation and that's where the budget was set?