Important OCS Update

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

2 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Got some super high level details recently on the stadium process but not much more than what has already been announced - plan to finish/release renderings by end of year (within 9 weeks!), expandable, higher quality season ticket seats, bleachers for students, etc. Will add that the expandability option is quite aggressive. One new thing I heard was that the student section was being designed to be steeper than the sideline seats. For those who want noise (should be all of us) - this is a cool detail that hopefully makes a good impact on our future home. 

Thanks for the update. Good points regarding the student section. The louder the better. Also what stands out to me is the expandability being aggressive. Makes me wonder about the main drivers. All ACC stadiums are not too huge but……

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  409
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Got some super high level details recently on the stadium process but not much more than what has already been announced - plan to finish/release renderings by end of year (within 9 weeks!), expandable, higher quality season ticket seats, bleachers for students, etc. Will add that the expandability option is quite aggressive. One new thing I heard was that the student section was being designed to be steeper than the sideline seats. For those who want noise (should be all of us) - this is a cool detail that hopefully makes a good impact on our future home. 

Honestly, why not make it all steep and not just the student section, kinda like UCinncinati's stadium? Their capacity isn't that large but it gets loud due to it being steep and close to the field.

Edited by Bryson W
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  3,185
  • Days Won:  1

Makes me wonder if the student section will be similar to a supported section in Orlando's soccer stadium

orlando-city-stadium13916l.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  53

2 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

Makes me wonder if the student section will be similar to a supported section in Orlando's soccer stadium

orlando-city-stadium13916l.jpg

Nice so you can stand and hold on to the railing?

14 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Nice so you can stand and hold on to the railing?

Lol too funny. Hopefully they don’t have too much during tailgating. If they do it is good to know they can hold on to the railing lol

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Days Won:  14

Not sure why the focus on expandability. I guess more people more revenue?

Can we just focus on getting the basics right before we start thinking 3 or 4 steps down the road? That's typical USF, skip the basics and trip along the way.

Like let's see if we can make a bowl game maybe by beating temple and Charlotte. 

Maybe I'm just salty today. 

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

4 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Can we just focus on getting the basics right before we start thinking 3 or 4 steps down the road? That's typical USF, skip the basics and trip along the way.

Like let's see if we can make a bowl game maybe by beating temple and Charlotte. 

Unless the expandability adds a significant cost, why not do it? Doesn’t mean you have to expand at some point in the future ….. but better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Days Won:  6

9 minutes ago, hm101 said:

image.jpeg.29074f804c7488ed9f30025ceacceaec.jpeg

11 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Probably has to do with the conference realignment landscape…

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,134
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Unless the expandability adds a significant cost, why not do it? Doesn’t mean you have to expand at some point in the future ….. but better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

There has been criticism about capacity (don't want to be too small) so that conference realignment is viable and comparable to peer institutions.