• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  53

We deal in dreams!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

I think the students will show up to the on campus stadium no matter who we play because it's a short walk and football games are fun. As an out of state alum, I would not drive 7 hours to see us play any team in our current conference live. I would drive 7 hours to see us play better teams live.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

I think the students will show up to the on campus stadium no matter who we play because it's a short walk and football games are fun. As an out of state alum, I would not drive 7 hours to see us play any team in our current conference live. I would drive 7 hours to see us play better teams live.

Yeah, this is my thought as well. Student attendance should be way up, but unfortunately, I think that is a mostly non-revenue crowd (someone correct if incorrect). It will also be a novelty that will create some temporary interest from locals and grads but getting out of the AAC was and still is the most important thing USF can do to change its fortunes. 

I considered saying winning was the most important thing but CO showed that you can get into a new/better conference with a 1-11 team, so even winning is not necessarily a prerequisite.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  3,501
  • Days Won:  5

WE ARE GETTING AFREAKING STADIUM. GO BULLS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,251
  • Days Won:  37

12 hours ago, puc86 said:

This lie grew out of but how could they have picked UCF over us?

What lie are you talking about?

The Big XII literally said we'd be a more attractive candidate for expansion back in 2017 if we had an OCS. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,749
  • Days Won:  30

1 minute ago, John Lewis said:

What lie are you talking about?

The Big XII literally said we'd be a more attractive candidate for expansion back in 2017 if we had an OCS. 

Thank you for the information John. If the records of usf and ucf over thr last 5 years were swapped would they prefer ucf with the stadium still? Either way the ocs is coming now! We got to start winning regardless who we play. Knuckle up and bring the pain!

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,137
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, puc86 said:

At least this is one topic we agree on entirely, I’ve never been so sure of anything than that no one in the last three rounds of realignment mentioned a topic of an OCS to anyone.

This lie grew out of but how could they have picked UCF over us? And that being the logical choice over the NY6 wins, the national relevance, the P6 wins and the national championship parade (that our fans made fun of their OCS for years helped UCF fans keep inspired to fan the flames of that insane take).

I wonder how the B12 brass sleeps at night after making us commit to a $350 million project and then almost immediately going beyond full in conference members before we could reasonably be expected to complete it.

There goes PUC spewing things he knows nothing about. If you took 1/2 of your passion that you have that is against our university you could be a positive force for USF. 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Thank you for the information John. If the records of usf and ucf over thr last 5 years were swapped would they prefer ucf with the stadium still? Either way the ocs is coming now! We got to start winning regardless who we play. Knuckle up and bring the pain!

If we take your hypothetical, then USF would have been taken.

Cincinnati, Houston, and UCF all played in NY6 Bowl game. That's what mattered most in regard to those 3 being added. BYU is a national brand and is probably the best addition of those 4 (I'm excluding the PAC 12 additions since that was a different round of expansion).

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,749
  • Days Won:  30

1 minute ago, John Lewis said:

If we take your hypothetical, then USF would have been taken.

Cincinnati, Houston, and UCF all played in NY6 Bowl game. That's what mattered most in regard to those 3 being added. BYU is a national brand and is probably the best addition of those 4 (I'm excluding the PAC 12 additions since that was a different round of expansion).

Winning matters most and the ocs is just a bonus. We short ourselves in the foot too many times since we fired Leavitt. 

Edited by Outlaw

Just now, Outlaw said:

Winning matters most and the ocs is just a bonus. We short ourselves in the foot too many times since we fired Leavitt.

The ingredients were in place prior to the 2017 season.

We literally sent out a survey that concluded an OCS could be built.

• Upvote 1