Important OCS Update

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On 8/20/2023 at 12:02 AM, Sk00b said:

Not gonna lie... a log stadium would be badass just not in Tampa. We could go the sandcastle route

A sandcastle look with palm trees accenting the stadium outside. Very beachy vibe with which we can continue selling the "Come to the Bay/Stay in the Bay" catch phrases.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On 8/19/2023 at 2:36 PM, Outlaw said:

No one is demanding renderings. The FAC said they were going to share them and then didn't.  

Hooooo buddy, take a look at Twitter. There's a segment of USF Twitter that has all but called for VPMK's job because he hasn't shared renderings.

On 8/19/2023 at 4:42 PM, Rocky Style said:

No one else says Goach though... 🤔

If there's one thing that Outlaw and I agree on, it's that Goach is the proper vernacular. Trip be damned

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  1

Looked more into University of Minnesota's stadium over the weekend. It's designed by Populous. This gives me great hope that we are going to have a nice stadium. It does not project noise very well, so if our seats are a bit steeper, I think we will have a phenomenal situation. Maybe some awnings similar to Baylor as well (also designed/built by Populous). They have the largest football locker room in America? Maybe just the B1G. Pays homage to their local native tribes, veterans, the Minnesota community, 50k expandable to 80k, open endzone for skyline view, full seats for premium seating, bleachers the rest of the way; a very well-designed stadium with a ton of attention to detail throughout. Price was $303MM, ~$415MM today. Not crazy to think we will have something just as special, but built at 35k and expandable to 55k (~60% increase in capacity, same as Minn.). 

social_blockm_logo.png
GOPHERSPORTS.COM

University of Minnesota Athletics
224320_10150572545370430_2578416_n-1200x
WWW.MCLANESTADIUM.COM

McLane Stadium is central Texas’ multi-functional sports and entertainment venue. Located on the Brazos River and directly adjacent to the I-35 Corridor, McLane...

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

I’ve seen references to San Diego State, CSU, and Houston’s stadium but now that you mention Minnesota’s I do see some similarities to that one and those shade option renders we had

Huge club section on one side instead of luxury suites spread around the stadium. And the south side being tiny with a big gathering area behind it

image.jpeg.0e4349bb97278619e5bfbf3eb21e40f2.jpeg
image.jpeg.379b1f1880c69de10d13031695f89098.jpeg

could see a 35k version of Minnesota’s stadium with shade and a football ops facility bookending that south side. Hopefully looks more like theirs than those renders…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOG has a lot of docs up for the meeting next week on our stadium. For anyone worried the Project Summary document already has a recommendation section filled in..

Staff of the Board of Governors and the Division of Bond Finance have reviewed the resolution and supporting documentation provided by USF and the DSO. Based upon this review, the proposed financing appears to be in compliance with Florida Statutes and the SUS Debt Management Guidelines, governing the issuance of university debt. As such, staff recommend authorization of the proposed Debt to finance the Project.

One of the docs also mentions 10,000 in scholarship seating, assuming thats the size of the student section

Edited by bulloni

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

About 8 more days to go before the big meeting 

https://www.flbog.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/FAC-3.9-DBF-Memorandum.pdf

This one has some interesting details on how much more money the USF Foundation is going to be giving to athletics going forward

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  14

33 minutes ago, bulloni said:

https://www.flbog.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/FAC-3.9-DBF-Memorandum.pdf

This one has some interesting details on how much more money the USF Foundation is going to be giving to athletics going forward

Interesting to read some of the language. "Arguably ambitious" projected revenue, projections for tickets that "far exceeded" consultant estimates. 

I am increasingly worried that the stadium is essentially us buying $340M in lottery tickets. I'm still supportive and have a significant financial commitment behind that support - but am nervous that we're going to be stuck trying pack that stadium to play against Charlotte while pulling in $6M in revenue from the AAC in 2026, 7, 8 and beyond. 

4 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Interesting to read some of the language. "Arguably ambitious" projected revenue, projections for tickets that "far exceeded" consultant estimates. 

I am increasingly worried that the stadium is essentially us buying $340M in lottery tickets. I'm still supportive and have a significant financial commitment behind that support - but am nervous that we're going to be stuck trying pack that stadium to play against Charlotte while pulling in $6M in revenue from the AAC in 2026, 7, 8 and beyond. 

Yeah...we're taking out 200 million in debt service for a 340 million dollar project.

Houston's stadium is nice enough for us and that was 128 million in 2014 (about 165 million today). Not sure why getting something like that + a 25 million football ops center, and then only needing 50 million in debt service wasn't a more considered option.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

14 minutes ago, hm101 said:

It's going to be determined by how we're playing, not who we're playing.. We got 34.5K for our conference home opener against ECU in 2018. In 2019, we had 29K for our second to last conf home game against a ranked Cincy team ....