Sources: Kennesaw State's Amir Abdur-Rahim is finalizing a deal to be the next head coach at South Florida.

theman123

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  10

10 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

But it took him four years!!!  That can't happen at USF.  He has to be FASTER than that.

big bang theory sarcasm GIF

When you have an average coach it takes four years. if you have a good coach it takes less then that. If you have a great coach, especially with the transfer portal it should take a year ( see Dusty May and the FAU example).

With realignment we can't afford the 4 years, that's why we needed the sure thing  (as close as you can) hire. Kelly failed us.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,589
  • Days Won:  13

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

It does seem that way, but is it?  First a student-athlete has to want to come here.  Secondly we are not competing at all, in any way, any longer with the Big Three in athletics or $$. 

We need to win in the small pond we are in.  In that small pond is small(er) NIL.  Lastly, it's fully understanding why it is not as much as we might like - we're not coming off a conference championship or even being competitive in a conference in how long? 

The coach will either deliver success or NIL will be the culprit.  It used to be facilities that were to blame.  This is why many thought a name brand could deliver, not an A-Sun first-timer.  Win in one year and your NIL has a far greater chance of being closer to what we'd like.  Drown in losses, it gets worse.

NIL will only be the culprit if CAAR loses batter players to the portal than he brings in.

Clearly coaching will have an impact... as will (wait for it) the team's culture.  I actually think a name brand would have a harder time... because sometimes the they let the name do the work.

None of us REALLY knows what is going to happen, so we really have two choices: get behind the hire, hoping for and expecting the best... or wallow in misery and self pity and withdrawing from the fandom.  I choose the former.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,424
  • Content Count:  98,313
  • Days Won:  490

1 hour ago, Aurelius said:

ChatGPT 4.0 says this is the right hire. I for one believe our AI overlords. 

Please provide speculative records for USF for each of the next five seasons including your best guess at any post season accolades.

Given the historical data and considering Amir Abdur-Rahim's coaching record, here is a speculative projection of USF's men's basketball team records and potential postseason accolades for each of the next five seasons. Please note that these predictions are purely speculative and may not accurately represent the team's actual performance:

1. Year 1 (2023-24):

• Overall record: 16-15 (.516)
    • Conference record: 8-10
    • Postseason: No postseason accolades

I can get behind that...as a floor.

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

When you have an average coach it takes four years. if you have a good coach it takes less then that. If you have a great coach, especially with the transfer portal it should take a year ( see Dusty May and the FAU example).

With realignment we can't afford the 4 years, that's why we needed the sure thing  (as close as you can) hire. Kelly failed us.

Office Space No GIF

2 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

None of us REALLY knows what is going to happen, so we really have two choices: get behind the hire, hoping for and expecting the best... or wallow in misery and self pity and withdrawing from the fandom.  I choose the former.

Yeah, I don't know but I'm not wallowing or passing judgment, simply engaging in the discussion.  We really have no choice, only to get behind the hire.  You can't change it. We've all gotten pretty good at hoping for the best.

• Like 1

My ChatGPT Prediction:
Please provide speculative records for USF men's basketball for each of the next five seasons including your best guess at any post season accolades.

As an AI language model, I don't have the ability to predict the future with certainty. However, based on historical trends and current data, here are my speculative records and potential post-season accolades for the University of South Florida (USF) men's basketball team for each of the next five seasons:

2022-23 Season: Record: 15-16 Post-Season Accolades: None

2023-24 Season: Record: 18-13 Post-Season Accolades: Possible NIT or CBI Tournament Appearance

2024-25 Season: Record: 22-9 Post-Season Accolades: Possible NCAA Tournament Appearance as a low seed

2025-26 Season: Record: 20-11 Post-Season Accolades: Possible NIT or CBI Tournament Appearance

2026-27 Season: Record: 25-6 Post-Season Accolades: Possible NCAA Tournament Appearance as a high seed, possible Top-25 ranking

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,777
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, Aurelius said:

ChatGPT 4.0 says this is the right hire. I for one believe our AI overlords. 

Please provide speculative records for USF for each of the next five seasons including your best guess at any post season accolades.

Given the historical data and considering Amir Abdur-Rahim's coaching record, here is a speculative projection of USF's men's basketball team records and potential postseason accolades for each of the next five seasons. Please note that these predictions are purely speculative and may not accurately represent the team's actual performance:

1. Year 1 (2023-24):

• Overall record: 16-15 (.516)
    • Conference record: 8-10
    • Postseason: No postseason accolades
  2. Year 2 (2024-25):

• Overall record: 18-13 (.581)
    • Conference record: 10-8
    • Postseason: NIT appearance (early round exit)
  3. Year 3 (2025-26):

• Overall record: 21-10 (.677)
    • Conference record: 12-6
    • Postseason: NCAA Tournament appearance (Round of 64 or Round of 32)
  4. Year 4 (2026-27):

• Overall record: 23-8 (.742)
    • Conference record: 13-5
    • Postseason: NCAA Tournament appearance (Round of 32 or Sweet 16)
  5. Year 5 (2027-28):

• Overall record: 24-7 (.774)
    • Conference record: 14-4
    • Postseason: NCAA Tournament appearance (Sweet 16 or possibly Elite 😎

These projections assume steady improvement in USF's men's basketball team's performance under Amir Abdur-Rahim's leadership. However, please keep in mind that these predictions are purely speculative and many factors, including player recruitment, injuries, and overall team dynamics, could influence the team's actual performance.

So no National Championships over the next 5 years??? Come on!

2 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

My ChatGPT Prediction:
Please provide speculative records for USF men's basketball for each of the next five seasons including your best guess at any post season accolades.

As an AI language model, I don't have the ability to predict the future with certainty. However, based on historical trends and current data, here are my speculative records and potential post-season accolades for the University of South Florida (USF) men's basketball team for each of the next five seasons:

2022-23 Season: Record: 15-16 Post-Season Accolades: None

2023-24 Season: Record: 18-13 Post-Season Accolades: Possible NIT or CBI Tournament Appearance

2024-25 Season: Record: 22-9 Post-Season Accolades: Possible NCAA Tournament Appearance as a low seed

2025-26 Season: Record: 20-11 Post-Season Accolades: Possible NIT or CBI Tournament Appearance

2026-27 Season: Record: 25-6 Post-Season Accolades: Possible NCAA Tournament Appearance as a high seed, possible Top-25 ranking

Same outcome?  It must be true!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,675

I absolutely hate this hire. I have not hated a hire as much since Orlando. That being said I loved the Scott and Strong hires, so who knows. IMO these last 2 hires are god awful. Sadly these are the guys we are stuck with, lets hope for the best. I have a sneaky feeling in 3 years we are hiring 2 more coaches for our money sports.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,777
  • Days Won:  7

39 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

What about football, OCS, Baseball, etc?  What does the great AI overlord have for us on those ones... This could get entertaining. 

Football

Here is my best guess at the USF men's football team's records for the next five seasons, along with post-season accolades:

2023 Season: Record: 6-6 (4-4 AAC) Post-season accolades: None

2024 Season: Record: 8-4 (5-3 AAC) Post-season accolades: Possible bowl game appearance, but no major accolades

2025 Season: Record: 9-3 (6-2 AAC) Post-season accolades: Potential for a conference championship appearance and a mid-tier bowl game appearance

2026 Season: Record: 10-2 (7-1 AAC) Post-season accolades: Possible conference championship and a higher-tier bowl game appearance

2027 Season: Record: 11-1 (8-0 AAC) Post-season accolades: Possible New Year's Six bowl game appearance and potential for a top 25 finish

It's important to note that these predictions are purely speculative and many factors can affect the team's performance, including injuries, coaching changes, and recruiting.

• Upvote 1