Sources: Kennesaw State's Amir Abdur-Rahim is finalizing a deal to be the next head coach at South Florida.

theman123

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

I will also say that our NIL situation would make bringing the best transfers challenging for any coach.

Are there numbers out there for USF vs other AAC teams?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,589
  • Days Won:  13

Just now, belgianbull said:

Coaches come in all the time and win right away.  Again I hope you are right, but there is nothing in his resume that makes me believe that he is the one. 

You mean going from 1 win to the NCAA tournament doesn't make you believe it?  Or do you just focus on that 1 win?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,659
  • Days Won:  3

55 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

ChatGPT 4.0 says this is the right hire. I for one believe our AI overlords. 

Please provide speculative records for USF for each of the next five seasons including your best guess at any post season accolades.

What about football, OCS, Baseball, etc?  What does the great AI overlord have for us on those ones... This could get entertaining. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,659
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Are there numbers out there for USF vs other AAC teams?

I can't imagine future AAC FAU built their team on NIL.  Maybe some of the exiting members. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

You mean going from 1 win to the NCAA tournament doesn't make you believe it?  Or do you just focus on that 1 win?

Making the NCAAT in the Asun is not the same as making the NCAAT when in the AAC or Mountain West. The Asun which I follow since I am also a Stetson alum is akin to division 1 AA or division 2 football. No coach should ever go only winning 6 games total in first two seasons.

But again I hope I am wrong and you are right, since I would love nothing less then USF to win again. But I strongly disagree we need to suck first before we can be good again. We don't have time on our side.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,424
  • Content Count:  98,314
  • Days Won:  490

59 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

To create a winning culture you must win and let the results speak for themselves.

I wish that could fit on a bumper sticker.  :roflmao:

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

15 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Does he cry every time he talks?

Love wins

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,424
  • Content Count:  98,314
  • Days Won:  490

16 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Gregory made improvements in his second season (most wins in USF history)

He (or someone) made the schedule unbelievably light.  We were still under .500 in conference.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

11 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

How many years did it take Tobin Anderson to get Farleigh Dickinson into the NCAA tournament?  Jerome Tang and K State to Regional final?

1 minute ago, Brad said:

He (or someone) made the schedule unbelievably light.  We were still under .500 in conference.

He also had Yetna

Edited by olafberserker

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,589
  • Days Won:  13

5 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Making the NCAAT in the Asun is not the same as making the NCAAT when in the AAC or Mountain West. The Asun which I follow since I am also a Stetson alum is akin to division 1 AA or division 2 football. No coach should ever go only winning 6 games total in first two seasons.

But again I hope I am wrong and you are right, since I would love nothing less then USF to win again. But I strongly disagree we need to suck first before we can be good again. We don't have time on our side.

I don't think we'll go from 14-18 to 1-30 by any means, and that should upset everyone... we might be 12-20 tho... a lot depends on which players stay, which commits stay, and which players transfer in... who is scheduled (see @Brad's accurate comments about making the schedule light).

Plus, what will the AAC really look like? No Cincy or Houston.... But - FAU is in the Final 4... UNT is in the NIT final... Charlotte won the CBI... (haven't looked to see what they will be like next season)...

Edited by Jim Johnson