Board passes $22M for stadium design

Dave_Glaser

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,137
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, John Lewis said:

I forgot to mention one thing that I believe has been discussed earlier in this thread.

It does sound like there will be 2 separate clubs in the stadium; a "field level" club and a "premium" club.

Curious the differences between these two. So many questions and sooooooo much time. Every answer will be like Christmas though 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  0

$400m is not practical.  There are not enough potential revenue streams to cover the easily 30m+/year debt service.  Interest rates are climbing as well.  This feels like window service.

I would expect some time to pass then an amended recommendation for something closer to half that price.  

Edited by I like GOOOOLD (and green)

7 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

$400m is not practical.  There are not enough potential revenue streams to cover the easily 30m+/year debt service.  Interest rates are climbing as well.  This feels like window service.

I would expect some time to pass then an amended recommendation for something closer to half that price.  

They are not going to finance the entire amount. I think in this market, with construction prices the way they are, the amount actually seems pretty well within the ballpark of what the cost might be. Now will it shock me if it came in at 250 million? No - but I didn’t think 400 million was crazy.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

They are not going to finance the entire amount. I think in this market, with construction prices the way they are, the amount actually seems pretty well within the ballpark of what the cost might be. Now will it shock me if it came in at 250 million? No - but I didn’t think 400 million was crazy.

Oh I agree the price is in line with actual costs today for what we’re looking for.  What I’m saying is take the list of what people are looking for that was circulating a few pages back and basically cross off all those items and circle back with with the Tulane or fau scale of project…this is the likely path from here.  We aren’t getting a stadium with 400mil-type amenities even with donors contributing way more than they have already.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

11 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

Oh I agree the price is in line with actual costs today for what we’re looking for.  What I’m saying is take the list of what people are looking for that was circulating a few pages back and basically cross off all those items and circle back with with the Tulane or fau scale of project…this is the likely path from here.  We aren’t getting a stadium with 400mil-type amenities even with donors contributing way more than they have already.  

I'd entertain this if they didn't approve 22 million to design the stadium. You don't spend that much designing a 100 million dollar bare-bones stadium. The board approves that if they know they can build a 350-400 million dollar stadium

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,014

10 minutes ago, bulloni said:

I'd entertain this if they didn't approve 22 million to design the stadium. You don't spend that much designing a 100 million dollar bare-bones stadium. The board approves that if they know they can build a 350-400 million dollar stadium

I also think they learned from UCF and know they need to build it right the first time. If planned well, built with the right foundation and structure now, any expansion in the future will be more affordable, rather than having to double back and redo aspects of the original design. This has to be looked at as an investment and not a “check the box” type of project. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  3,185

9 minutes ago, michibull said:

I also think they learned from UCF and know they need to build it right the first time. If planned well, built with the right foundation and structure now, any expansion in the future will be more affordable, rather than having to double back and redo aspects of the original design. This has to be looked at as an investment and not a “check the box” type of project. 

Exactly.  Build the proper foundation now so that plans in the future are possible and feasible.

• Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,144
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, bulloni said:

Looks nice.

• Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,144
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

Curious the differences between these two. So many questions and sooooooo much time. Every answer will be like Christmas though 

$$$$$$$$$$$$  

Those types that have now have suites at RayJay or access to Hardwood Club for men's games. $25k/year donor or $1 million total (I believe it includes things like our insurance policy-which isn't a million dollars) gets you in the Hardwood.  $350k total donations and $$$ promised isn't good enough without the $25k/year.  Figuring a premium club for football will be more exclusive than that. 

35 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$  

Those types that have now have suites at RayJay or access to Hardwood Club for men's games. $25k/year donor or $1 million total (I believe it includes things like our insurance policy-which isn't a million dollars) gets you in the Hardwood.  $350k total donations and $$$ promised isn't good enough without the $25k/year.  Figuring a premium club for football will be more exclusive than that. 

Interesting. We need more high level donors from the fans who have the end zone passion.