A look at our Football team for 2023 (New additions, Transfers, Starting Line-ups & Depth)

Gatorbull325

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  3,501
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Defense will decide how far we go in 2023. USF will face three of the top 10 returning QBs in passing yards, including the #1 WKU QB

Let’s have some interception welcoming party then.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,801
  • Days Won:  28

9 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

Let’s have some interception welcoming party then.

Logan Berryhill might have a breakout season. He always was a great athlete and I think putting him at safety will give him a great opportunity to contribute. He looked good during the spring game. at 6'4 and 200 Ibs he is our biggest player in the secondary.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On 7/21/2023 at 6:26 PM, Outlaw said:

Awesome to see the new chart. I see who you put as qb1. I hope you and I are both right. 

I've held all along that I think Goach goes with BB to start. Having all the spring reps in his back pocket, I think GB would have to absolutely blow everyone away in the fall to take the job. I know I have a little more faith in GB than you do, but I feel like his running game would have to make a big impact for him to outplay BB. He was certainly hitting his stride the last few games before he got hurt, but I just have more faith in BB's arm.

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

I've held all along that I think Goach goes with BB to start. Having all the spring reps in his back pocket, I think GB would have to absolutely blow everyone away in the fall to take the job. I know I have a little more faith in GB than you do, but I feel like his running game would have to make a big impact for him to outplay BB. He was certainly hitting his stride the last few games before he got hurt, but I just have more faith in BB's arm.

BB looked sharp in the Spring game as well. I think the issue is that Gerry is such a great leader and professional guy off the field it's heartbreaking to see him not starting. But I'm with you. To make such a comeback that you greatly outplay BB in Fall camp is not likely. I still stand by Timmy  McClain's main reason for transferring is because he saw how much better BB is. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

Interesting. I wonder if our receivers were coached up enough to understand this - Based upon how the DB plays him, the slot receiver will choose an option, and this choice will need to be talked about by the receivers, the quarterback and the offensive coordinator as part of the playbook because the receiver and the quarterback must both make the same "read" or it could lead to an incompletion or worse yet, an interception. That is what is talked about as far as the quarterback and the receiver being on the same page. If the receiver makes the wrong read, then often the interception will be the fault of the receiver, but the casual fan will often say,  what a stupid quarterback, he threw it right to the linebacker. What's wrong with him, can't he see?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,745
  • Days Won:  30

11 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

BB looked sharp in the Spring game as well. I think the issue is that Gerry is such a great leader and professional guy off the field it's heartbreaking to see him not starting. But I'm with you. To make such a comeback that you greatly outplay BB in Fall camp is not likely. I still stand by Timmy  McClain's main reason for transferring is because he saw how much better BB is. 

His arm was really good for an 18 year old kid. He showed a great display to read the field and throw to second amd third option you don't usually see in young true freshmen quarterbacks. Gb struggled making reads ans had accuracy issues on display. He seems to be a great guy but had one good season in 5 years of college football so far and lost his job once already to a redshirt freshmen. Gb seems like a great guy for the program to mentor the young kids and start if called upon. I could see him just starting against Bama to eat some snaps and let the younger guys not take a beating before conference play.

A comparison of our D-line and linebackers to last year. I'm expecting a more extreme turnaround on defense. I like the returning players and the new additions should mesh pretty well. We also have 3 legit 300+ Ib DT/NTs on this team.

DEFENSE Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4 Player 5 Player 6 Player 7
DE JATORIAN HANSFORD
(Mizzou) 
Eddie Kelly DE - 274 Michael Williams        
DT Yates, Rashawn SR Darrien Grant - 257 Jacquez Williams DT Bayron Matos (MBB) Colby Smith    
DT Rashad Cheney Jr. (Minn)  De'Juan Sease - 282 Nick Bags DT (Temple) Jhalin Hobbs DT Danny Gonzalez (PWO)    
DE Logan, Tramel SO  Vaughn, Jason JR Jonathan Ross (Bowie State) Keeon Terrell CHAD ELDER (PWO)    
MLB Grier, Antonio SR Jhalyn Shuler LB (CC) Mac Harris CJ Ross Hicks, Davon FR Amer Amer JOHNNY EATON (PWO)
LB Boyles, Dwayne SR DJ Gordon IV  (Minn) Norris, Brian RS JR Helton, Keyon RS JR Reggie Johnson II Deaunte Hunter Dylan Ridolph

DEFENSE Player 1   Player 2 Player 3 Player 4    
DE Vaughn, Jason JR Logan, Tramel SO Keeon Terrell CHAD ELDER (PWO) Michael Williams    
NT Doug Blue-Eli (TCU)  Jhalin Hobbs Jacquez Williams De'Juan Sease (Allen Univ) Colby Smith    
DT Rashad Cheney Jr. (Minn) - 285 Immanuel Hickman (ECU) Bernard Gooden (Wake) Danny Gonzalez (PWO) Stantavious Smith    
LOLB Derrick Harris Jr. (Texas)  Jonathan Ross (Bowie State) Rico Watson (FSU/Robert Morris) Evan Dangler (PWO) Terrence Edmonds    
MACK Jamie Pettway (FAU) Andrew Mataafa (Utah) Reggie Johnson II Dylan Ridolph Greg Otten (PWO)    
ROVER Lloyd Summerall (UF) Jhalyn Shuler LB (CC) CJ Ross JOHNNY EATON (PWO)      
ROLB DJ Gordon IV  (Minn) Norris, Brian RS JR Mac Harris Amer Amer Erik Malyszko (PWO)    
Edited by Gatorbull325

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,745
  • Days Won:  30

15 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

A comparison of our D-line and linebackers to last year. I'm expecting a more extreme turnaround on defense. I like the returning players and the new additions should mesh pretty well. We also have 3 legit 300+ Ib DT/NTs on this team.

DEFENSE Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4 Player 5 Player 6 Player 7
DE JATORIAN HANSFORD
(Mizzou) 
Eddie Kelly DE - 274 Michael Williams        
DT Yates, Rashawn SR Darrien Grant - 257 Jacquez Williams DT Bayron Matos (MBB) Colby Smith    
DT Rashad Cheney Jr. (Minn)  De'Juan Sease - 282 Nick Bags DT (Temple) Jhalin Hobbs DT Danny Gonzalez (PWO)    
DE Logan, Tramel SO  Vaughn, Jason JR Jonathan Ross (Bowie State) Keeon Terrell CHAD ELDER (PWO)    
MLB Grier, Antonio SR Jhalyn Shuler LB (CC) Mac Harris CJ Ross Hicks, Davon FR Amer Amer JOHNNY EATON (PWO)
LB Boyles, Dwayne SR DJ Gordon IV  (Minn) Norris, Brian RS JR Helton, Keyon RS JR Reggie Johnson II Deaunte Hunter Dylan Ridolph

DEFENSE Player 1   Player 2 Player 3 Player 4    
DE Vaughn, Jason JR Logan, Tramel SO Keeon Terrell CHAD ELDER (PWO) Michael Williams    
NT Doug Blue-Eli (TCU)  Jhalin Hobbs Jacquez Williams De'Juan Sease (Allen Univ) Colby Smith    
DT Rashad Cheney Jr. (Minn) - 285 Immanuel Hickman (ECU) Bernard Gooden (Wake) Danny Gonzalez (PWO) Stantavious Smith    
LOLB Derrick Harris Jr. (Texas)  Jonathan Ross (Bowie State) Rico Watson (FSU/Robert Morris) Evan Dangler (PWO) Terrence Edmonds    
MACK Jamie Pettway (FAU) Andrew Mataafa (Utah) Reggie Johnson II Dylan Ridolph Greg Otten (PWO)    
ROVER Lloyd Summerall (UF) Jhalyn Shuler LB (CC) CJ Ross JOHNNY EATON (PWO)      
ROLB DJ Gordon IV  (Minn) Norris, Brian RS JR Mac Harris Amer Amer Erik Malyszko (PWO)    

Bigger, stronger, and faster is the goal. The pictures look like the old players are getting more muscular and  the newer players look like they have more size then the guys they replaced. We will see how much the improvement really is by week 6. I expect wku and Bama to be a disaster for a new defense and dc. Hope we get the defense ready and the offense clicking by conference play. In Goach we hope. 

I feel our team should be fine with the schedule below - 

image.png.543c952a05f4122463c854520744847c.png

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,337
  • Days Won:  490

6 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

I think Goach goes with BB to start. Having all the spring reps in his back pocket, I think GB would have to absolutely blow everyone away in the fall to take the job.

Don't you mean Gohanon?

• Haha 2