A look at our Football team for 2023 (New additions, Transfers, Starting Line-ups & Depth)

Gatorbull325

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

13 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Interseting move he is leaving FAU. He produced last year and Herman is a proven winner. The new DC was his old DC and probably got him here. That is a solid pick up. He will probably be our best LB.

image.thumb.png.bfb4e7383a74fb354b84b1bceac121be.png

Herman is also a major ass hole. At Texas part of the reason he got fired is all his players hated him. A report had come out that when recruits we're coming to visit Texas active players on the roster that Herman recruited we're telling those players not to come there. Resulting in him pulling the worst recruiting class in their schools history since they started rating recruits.

Definitely could see Herman rubbing this kid the wrong way and him just deciding to follow his old coordinator

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,802
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

Herman is also a major ass hole. At Texas part of the reason he got fired is all his players hated him. A report had come out that when recruits we're coming to visit Texas active players on the roster that Herman recruited we're telling those players not to come there. Resulting in him pulling the worst recruiting class in their schools history since they started rating recruits.

Definitely could see Herman rubbing this kid the wrong way and him just deciding to follow his old coordinator

They had about 2-3 players I didn't mind poaching (Evan Anderson and Latrel Jean) and Pettway was one of them. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,754
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

Dude also have ny6 wins and has won at every stop. You can be an ***** amd be a great coach see Nick Saban. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Dude also have ny6 wins and has won at every stop. You can be an ***** amd be a great coach see Nick Saban. 

Herman has 6 years as a HC. First 5 we're with a good DC (Todd Orlando) who had them averaging a top 40 defense over those 5 years. Then he left to USC, the next year Texas let up 32+ PPG in conference and Herman got fired.

So Herman had NY6 wins and success with our current DC, then got fired 1 year without him.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Herman has 6 years as a HC. First 5 we're with a good DC (Todd Orlando) who had them averaging a top 40 defense over those 5 years. Then he left to USC, the next year Texas let up 32+ PPG in conference and Herman got fired.

So Herman had NY6 wins and success with our current DC, then got fired 1 year without him.

He got fired and the guy after has performed worse... Zero ny6 bowls at Texas or Houston since he left.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Great head coaches don't get fired and then are out of college football for a couple of years, so let's hold off on the Saban comparison.

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Great head coaches don't get fired and then are out of college football for a couple of years, so let's hold off on the Saban comparison.

I didn't compare him to Saban except being strick/ahold. 

33 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I didn't compare him to Saban except being strick/ahold. 

True ....... but what suddenly hit me was the comparison of this situation to another state of Florida college football head coaching situation going back around 20 years. Let's hope this one ends differently ....

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

True ....... but what suddenly hit me was the comparison of this situation another state of Florida college football head coaching situation going back around 20 years. Let's hope this one ends differently ....

I was literally praising Orlando for getting the new lb from fau and was surprised he would leave a pedigreed coach such as Herman for Golesh. The other guy came in implying  Herman was the product of the other guy. Which is false because  both coaches at Texas and Houston did worse then Herman. Orlando maybe a solid DC but he got fired at USC and they were better off without him. Fau was falling under Willy and  the whole staff was fired.  Herman's record and bowl record speaks for itself. I hope DC Orlando improves the defense and gets USF back to being feared on the field and getting nasty  on d.

Screenshot_20230518_145747_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

I was literally praising Orlando for getting the new lb from fau and was surprised he would leave a pedigreed coach such as Herman for Golesh. The other guy came in implying  Herman was the product of the other guy. Which is false because  both coaches at Texas and Houston did worse then Herman. Orlando maybe a solid DC but he got fired at USC and they were better off without him. Fau was falling under Willy and  the whole staff was fired.  Herman's record and bowl record speaks for itself. I hope DC Orlando improves the defense and gets USF back to being feared on the field and getting nasty  on d.

Screenshot_20230518_145747_Chrome.jpg

Er, fine, but that doesn't address my point in the post you Quoted ....... but, to be honest, I'd rather just forget about that point anyway.