A look at our Football team for 2023 (New additions, Transfers, Starting Line-ups & Depth)

Gatorbull325

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,749
  • Days Won:  30

7 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Someone who had 2400 yards 17 TD 10 int. in the Big 10 at a bad Nebraska team is an impressive get in my opinion. Don't know of any transfer portal player that is coming in for us that can put forth these type of stats. FAU should not be out recruiting us.

When it comes to our roster looking worse off I am just basing that on looking at the talent we lost ( Battie, Horn, Weaver, Tchewa, Conwell). and comparing to what came in. But you are absolutely right on that its hard to know until they play. Guess we will find out soon enough.  We will playing FAU so it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

It will be really interesting to see how Herman  versus GOlesh works out. We can't afford to be the loser on that coaching rivalry.

4 hours ago, Bull94 said:

ask them what they think of Hunter and Alston. Our lads has him at 3rd string. many forget he was 3rd string here before injuries.

USATSI_19322320.jpg?w=640

The sophomore RB is working hard to earn valuable carries this season.
e71fe86f-b9fb-4c3f-8af4-f434835b03fb-202

After Auburn football's Hugh Freeze said Jarquez Hunter is be the best RB he has ever coached, Cadillac Williams explained why he's "fired up," too.

Hugh Freeze always has ran  a great offense. The sec is full of big body hitters dropping thunder on the offensive players. So being the second and third on the depth chart is not a bad thing.  Everyone will get some touches in Freeze's offense. Battie will probably be a returner and 2/3 rb. Battie will probably see his fair share of passes in the backfield because Freeze likes to get the playmakers the ball in space and let them work. Freeze likes to throw and uses a lot of motion in the backfield and from the receivers. It will be interesting to have him back in the SEC West again for a few years.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

12 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Hugh Freeze always has ran  a great offense. The sec is full of big body hitters dropping thunder on the offensive players. So being the second and third on the depth chart is not a bad thing.  Everyone will get some touches in Freeze's offense. Battie will probably be a returner and 2/3 rb. Battie will probably see his fair share of passes in the backfield because Freeze likes to get the playmakers the ball in space and let them work. Freeze likes to throw and uses a lot of motion in the backfield and from the receivers. It will be interesting to have him back in the SEC West again for a few years.

I'm sure he will do well. My point was that comparing someone having success at our level to a higher rated recruit that had limited opportunities at UFs(or baylor/Minnesota) level isn't exactly a fair comparison.

Just now, Bull94 said:

I'm sure he will do well. My point was that comparing someone having success at our level to a higher rated recruit that had limited opportunities at UFs(or baylor/Minnesota) level isn't exactly a fair comparison.

It all depends on the player, the coaches , and do they fit the system/schemes of the team they are going to. Is it not a simple a to b solution and every player is different. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,290
  • Days Won:  10

40 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

You would think that's the case, except we have a pretty bad track record with 2nd and 3rd string Power Five transfer portal players coming into our program.

Maybe it came down to the coaching and Golesh will be able to get more out of these type of players. Lets hope so.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

You would think that's the case, except we have a pretty bad track record with 2nd and 3rd string Power Five transfer portal players coming into our program.

Maybe it came down to the coaching and Golesh will be able to get more out of these type of players. Lets hope so.

you have to compare that to the bust rate of players coming from high school.

we have had a lot of very good players come from larger programs.

you won't hit on all of them just like you won't hit on all the high school players.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,664
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

Maybe it came down to the coaching

MAYBE!???

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

Just lost the FIU lineman to UF

17 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

11767351.jpg

Gators add another name to the roster from the NCAA Transfer Portal

I am assuming he never signed or would he have to sit out a year?

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  374
  • Content Count:  4,319
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Yep . . . hope he got a commitment to start there.

Edited by Dave_Glaser