A look at our Football team for 2023 (New additions, Transfers, Starting Line-ups & Depth)

Gatorbull325

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Outlaw said:

He never really had a rhythm.  He was streaky, inconsistent, and inaccurate.  BB brought the moxie and his stats back it up. His throws arm looked better and more accurate as well.

6 Td's and no picks in the last 2 and half games ... yeah no rhythm at all .... lol 🤡

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

GB definitely found his rhythm in the couple games before he got hurt. I remember thinking on a couple of deep balls against Tulane that those were the throws he was missing on earlier in the year.

That said, BB came in and hit the ground running about as well as you could hope a true freshman would when thrown in under those circumstances. If GB somehow wins the gig, I'm going to assume he did something in the fall to blow Goach away and I'll give him a little leeway. But I just feel like there's no way BB's not the guy unless he just absolutely blows it in the fall

100%, there were also several drops the first few games, some good passes that guys were tackled inside the 5 and we ran the ball in, and we were playing teams that were well beyond us athletically.  That being said, I like BB and he looked good for an 18 year old freshman

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,745
  • Days Won:  30

2 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

100%, there were also several drops the first few games, some good passes that guys were tackled inside the 5 and we ran the ball in, and we were playing teams that were well beyond us athletically.  That being said, I like BB and he looked good for an 18 year old freshman

He looked a few steps better than GB last year. He is more accurate, throws a better ball, and gets the ball in receivers hands. Brown has the moxie and swagger you want in a qb.  Maybe during his 5th year of college football GB drastically improves and takes the job. I would bet Brown has more room to grow into a much higher ceiling at this point than GB.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

GB was looking fantastic the last few games he played.  6 TD's 0 Int's.  And it is correct, he did have some balls where we got tackled inside the 5 and then we ran it in.  Plus, he's just an absolute load running the ball.  He also played better opponents talent wise than BB did and by far actually.  I'm good with either and have no problem with starting GB.  

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,802
  • Days Won:  28

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,285
  • Days Won:  10

On 4/5/2023 at 9:32 PM, olafberserker said:

Having both GB and BB on the team is a great problem to have. There is no doubt that Bohanon after a slow start ( the whole offense did really)  got his mojo and was playing great. The day he was injured against Tulane we were moving the ball at will. We will never know but if he did not get injured that day I think we might have won. BB and GB are both wonderful options to have this upcoming season.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,745
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Kp is going to have them boys molded into wardaddies. Hopefully we switch to see more sets of 3 4 4 and get after the qb  and running  backs behind the line more. If we improve on tackling our defense would improve alot . The defensebacks need a lot of work tackling and covering if we are using the 3 3 5. 

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  53

Some of these drills are really cool.  Warpapi

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  53

Is GB all healed up?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,955
  • Days Won:  436

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Is GB all healed up?

Not yet but should be by preseason camp ...

• Go Bulls! 1