A look at our Football team for 2023 (New additions, Transfers, Starting Line-ups & Depth)

Gatorbull325

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm happy with these stats. GB looked good b4 his injury, but I feel he will not be in rhythm until maybe the end of the fall or 1-2 games in. If he gets back into his rhythm, I will take either one as our starter but prefer Byrum.  

image.thumb.png.84d4c6f695ccb8a9bab1a4688e4d1fcc.png

I agree.  I think BB looked good in his limited time.  But there is clearly not a big enough sample for folks on a message board to say he "definitely" outplayed GB.   I'm good with whoever CAG goes with.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

My feeling going into the spring was that Byrum was going to take the job and run away with it, having the advantage of spring ball under his belt while GB comes back from surgery. BB looked good down the stretch last season, I'd like to think he could lock the gig down while his competitor is rehabbing

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,801
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

My feeling going into the spring was that Byrum was going to take the job and run away with it, having the advantage of spring ball under his belt while GB comes back from surgery. BB looked good down the stretch last season, I'd like to think he could lock the gig down while his competitor is rehabbing

@olafberserker what he said ^^^^  I don't feel GB will have enough time to get his rhythm back to win his starting job back. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,745
  • Days Won:  30

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

@olafberserker what he said ^^^^  I don't feel GB will have enough time to get his rhythm back to win his starting job back. 

He never really had a rhythm.  He was streaky, inconsistent, and inaccurate.  BB brought the moxie and his stats back it up. His throws arm looked better and more accurate as well.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

He never really had a rhythm.  He was streaky, inconsistent, and inaccurate.  BB brought the moxie and his stats back it up. His throws arm looked better and more accurate as well.

GB definitely found his rhythm in the couple games before he got hurt. I remember thinking on a couple of deep balls against Tulane that those were the throws he was missing on earlier in the year.

That said, BB came in and hit the ground running about as well as you could hope a true freshman would when thrown in under those circumstances. If GB somehow wins the gig, I'm going to assume he did something in the fall to blow Goach away and I'll give him a little leeway. But I just feel like there's no way BB's not the guy unless he just absolutely blows it in the fall

3 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

GB definitely found his rhythm in the couple games before he got hurt. I remember thinking on a couple of deep balls against Tulane that those were the throws he was missing on earlier in the year.

That said, BB came in and hit the ground running about as well as you could hope a true freshman would when thrown in under those circumstances. If GB somehow wins the gig, I'm going to assume he did something in the fall to blow Goach away and I'll give him a little leeway. But I just feel like there's no way BB's not the guy unless he just absolutely blows it in the fall

6 tds, 6interceptions and a low 50% completion percentage is not good enough to be a solid starter in d1 fbs football. He was 22 last year and should have been blowing away the competition. A 18 year old freshmen outplayed him. Unless GB improves drastically I don't see him taking the spot from BB.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

DEFENSE (Todd Orlando's set up at FAU. I think 12 spots are listed because of the different sets he likes to use.) Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4 Player 5
DE Vaughn, Jason JR Logan, Tramel SO Keeon Terrell Michael Williams  
NT Rashad Cheney Jr. (Minn) Jhalin Hobbs DT Jacquez Williams DT De'Juan Sease (Allen Univ)  
DT Eddie Kelly DE Nick Bags DT (Temple) Danny Gonzalez (PWO) Stantavious Smith Colby Smith
LOLB Derrick Harris Jr. (Texas) Jonathan Ross (Bowie State) Rico Watson (Florida State/Robert Morris) Erik Malyszko (PWO)  
Mack Lloyd Summerall (UF) Jhalyn Shuler LB (CC) Mac Harris CHAD ELDER (PWO) Dylan Ridolph
Rover Lloyd Summerall (UF) Hicks, Davon FR Deaunte Hunter CJ Ross Reggie Johnson II
ROLB DJ Gordon IV  (Minn) Norris, Brian RS JR Evan Dangler (PWO) Amer Amer JOHNNY EATON (PWO)
LCB Aamaris Brown (Kansas State)  Ben Knox Williams, Christian SO/TR (Miami) AJ Hamilton Daniel Jezik ( North Central College)
FS Timarcus "T-Mac" Simpson (Eastern Mich) Robinson, TJ RS SO/TR (Rutgers) Lewai Mitchell Kanaan Jones Logan Berryhill
BS Will Jones II Hill, Matthew RS SO/TR (Auburn) Jaelen Stokes Tawfiq Byard  
RCB Evans, Daquan JR Kendall Dennis (OU) Tavin Ward Jarvis Lee  
NB Curry, Jayden RS SO Ray Thornton (Clemson) Townsel, Christopher SO CHRIS THOMAS (PWO) Jordan Blackmon

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

DEFENSE (Todd Orlando's set up at FAU. I think 12 spots are listed because of the different sets he likes to use.) Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4 Player 5
DE Vaughn, Jason JR Logan, Tramel SO Keeon Terrell Michael Williams  
NT Rashad Cheney Jr. (Minn) Jhalin Hobbs DT Jacquez Williams DT De'Juan Sease (Allen Univ)  
DT Eddie Kelly DE Nick Bags DT (Temple) Danny Gonzalez (PWO) Stantavious Smith Colby Smith
LOLB Derrick Harris Jr. (Texas) Jonathan Ross (Bowie State) Rico Watson (Florida State/Robert Morris) Erik Malyszko (PWO)  
Mack Lloyd Summerall (UF) Jhalyn Shuler LB (CC) Mac Harris CHAD ELDER (PWO) Dylan Ridolph
Rover Lloyd Summerall (UF) Hicks, Davon FR Deaunte Hunter CJ Ross Reggie Johnson II
ROLB DJ Gordon IV  (Minn) Norris, Brian RS JR Evan Dangler (PWO) Amer Amer JOHNNY EATON (PWO)
LCB Aamaris Brown (Kansas State)  Ben Knox Williams, Christian SO/TR (Miami) AJ Hamilton Daniel Jezik ( North Central College)
FS Timarcus "T-Mac" Simpson (Eastern Mich) Robinson, TJ RS SO/TR (Rutgers) Lewai Mitchell Kanaan Jones Logan Berryhill
BS Will Jones II Hill, Matthew RS SO/TR (Auburn) Jaelen Stokes Tawfiq Byard  
RCB Evans, Daquan JR Kendall Dennis (OU) Tavin Ward Jarvis Lee  
NB Curry, Jayden RS SO Ray Thornton (Clemson) Townsel, Christopher SO CHRIS THOMAS (PWO) Jordan Blackmon

He looks like a grown man, time to get after the opposing team. I will give him  a shot but I do not understand why we want five defensive backs out every play when our defensive backs have been the worst part of our defense for four years.

I think 3-4-4 or  4- 3-4 would be much better for our players. WE have some big and athletic boys up front that I would rather see attacking then undersized and underperforming defensive backs.

Edited by Outlaw

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

He looks like a grown man, time to get after the opposing team. I will give him  a shot but I do not understand why we want five defensive backs out every play when our defensive backs have been the worst part of our defense for four years.

I think 3-4-4 or  4- 3-4 would be much better for our players. WE have some big and athletic boys up front that I would rather see attacking then undersized and underperforming defensive backs.

He is switching back and fourth from a 3-3 to a 3-4. 

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He is switching back and fourth from a 3-3 to a 3-4. 

The 3-3-5 with our defensive backs is questionable. I have not seen anything from them in the last three years to say they are average or better. Hopefully the missing ingredient was coaching.

Edited by Outlaw