He wasn't kidding (re: recruiting)

hm101

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

Probably true. My worry is that it sets us back for this year; and makes a quick turn around less likely.

Exactly. I can handle another 2 win season as long as we are seeing progress in his second season 

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

2 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

Exactly. I can handle another 2 win season as long as we are seeing progress in his second season 

Nooooooo

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,137
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

NO!! we have to make better progress than that or it’s going to be a long time

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

So far I’m happy with the recruiting job he is doing. He is bringing in a mix of HS recruits that might take time to develop and taking transfers that need to produce now. Whether the coaching staff can coach, develop players and Transfers produce immediately remains to be seen. But I will root and support them, because they all chose to come here.

Go Bulls.

Edited by Triple B
Changed miss to mix.
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

10 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

So far I’m happy with the recruiting job he is doing. He is bringing in a miss of HS recruits that might take time to develop and taking transfers that need to produce now. Whether the coaching staff can coach, develop players and Transfers produce immediately remains to be seen. But I will root and support them, because they all chose to come here.

Go Bulls.

Yup! I have a better feeling about CAG than I did about CJS. Not sure if that means anything but I feel more optimistic with the way USF has been handling things this past year. We will eventually get there.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

51 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

So far I’m happy with the recruiting job he is doing. He is bringing in a miss of HS recruits that might take time to develop and taking transfers that need to produce now. Whether the coaching staff can coach, develop players and Transfers produce immediately remains to be seen. But I will root and support them, because they all chose to come here.

Go Bulls.

And I meant to write MIX not miss, but for whatever reasons couldn’t edit the post.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,743
  • Days Won:  30

13 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

With a weaker non-conference schedule and the departures of Oviedo, Cincy and Houston, we need to win more than 2 games next year. Let’s make that clear.

Two fbs wins would be made improvement but would not make me happy.

11 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Two fbs wins would be made improvement but would not make me happy.

USF’s schedule will be very tough this season. WKU & Bama will destroy us. I’m not saying that to knock USF because those teams will destroy a lot of teams. Anyone that thinks the AAC is taking a step back because we are losing Cincy Houston & UCiF really have not been paying attention on how well UTSA, UAB, FAU, & UNT are coming a long. USF will probably lose to all those schools unless CAG gets a good defense somehow. So I still will keep my prediction for USF in the 2023 season at 2 wins with those being against FAMU & Charlotte.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,272
  • Days Won:  10

15 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

USF’s schedule will be very tough this season. WKU & Bama will destroy us. I’m not saying that to knock USF because those teams will destroy a lot of teams. Anyone that thinks the AAC is taking a step back because we are losing Cincy Houston & UCiF really have not been paying attention on how well UTSA, UAB, FAU, & UNT are coming a long. USF will probably lose to all those schools unless CAG gets a good defense somehow. So I still will keep my prediction for USF in the 2023 season at 2 wins with those being against FAMU & Charlotte.

I would not call it a tough schedule especially compared to last year; but things still will be hard especially since Coach Golesh hasn't been able to hold on to the best players we already had. 

The only expectation I have for season 1 is to see better coaching,  meaningful improvement throughout the season on both sides of the ball, and fire  and energy by both the players and coaches. I don't have a magic number of wins for season 1. However in season 2 the minimum requirement of success is a bowl game. In season 3 the minimum requirement of success is 8 wins.