He wasn't kidding (re: recruiting)

hm101

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,376
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

I understand where we are and know it won’t happen overnight. My point is that USF should be among the top of the AAC and if we aren’t then we aren’t pulling our weight. 

We definitely should been the last 3 years...unfortunately this AD made a bad hire with Scott and to be seen how he did with his second FB hire. 

But this program ultimately is where it is cause of leadership at the top for many years well before Kelly. 

Hope they are finally taking things serious now that Ucf moved up ahead but they should have been taking things serious well before that. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

12 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Well you might not like to hear them and trust me I don’t like to mention them.  

Then truth is they're not a very good comparison even though people have some misguided obsession in that regard. We should be compared to programs having to perform under more similar, critical circumstances, ie age of the programs and/or locations .... not to mention the false start we had.

But the truth is that they invested more than we have

For basically the same reason 99% of all college football programs had to ..... a decent place to play. They compromised with The Erector Set

and yes they do expect more from their hires than we have.

There's absolutely no evidence of that when you haven't had to fire a football coach in 20 years ....

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Then truth is they're not a very good comparison even though people have some misguided obsession in that regard. We should be compared to programs having to perform under more similar, critical circumstances, ie age of the programs and/or locations .... not to mention the false start we had.

For basically the same reason 99% of all college football programs had to ..... a decent place to play. They compromised with The Erector Set

There's absolutely no evidence of that when you haven't had to fire a football coach in 20 years ....

Excuses, Excuses. Anyways it’s obvious we won’t change either of our opinions.

With that said this is the first time that I see USF leadership acting United and not trying to do things half assed so maybe them moving up, woke us up about needing to do better.

I’m old enough and had enough dealings with our leadership in our past to tell you USF when it came to athletics has never had the attitude and expectations that our neighbors have had.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,272
  • Days Won:  10

42 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

With that said this is the first time that I see USF leadership acting United and not trying to do things half assed so maybe them moving up, woke us up about needing to do better.

I’m old enough and had enough dealings with our leadership in our past to tell you USF when it came to athletics has never had the attitude and expectations that our neighbors have had.

I agree; there seems to be a huge change in the last few years regarding being committed to putting money into facilities including an OCS. There is no doubt that being left behind in the AAC has maybe lighted a little fire in their behind;. It will be interesting to see the renderings of the new OCS. I am hoping it will look something closer to Colorado State or San Diego State then lets say FAU or Tulane ( not knocking their stadiums since they are not bad). However winning will be equally if not more important then the OCS. The programs who have moved up to bigger conferences seemed to have had a combination of both putting money into facilities while winning at the same time. Lets hope our coaching hire works out since we really cant afford another 2 years of losing.

We should look at TCU, Houston, San Diego State,  and yes even UCF as examples of how it can be done. The good news about the UCF example is that if they can be successful, built an OCS, and be invited to the BIG 12; there is no reason that we can't.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,672
  • Days Won:  25

So, back to being on topic, anything new?

5 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Sometimes when valid reasons don't mesh with opinions, they're called excuses ..... I get it ..... and do agree that neither of us will be changing opinions.

But I do totally agree that we've never had the attitude of our neighbors. They've had to work their way up from club football to where they are now. We were handed a gift that no one except CJL was prepared for .... not Administration or fan/donor base. We probably would have eventually caught up if we hadn't been demoted but didn't have that opportunity.

And I also agree on the current leadership, which although they are also benefiting from a more "mature" fan/donor base that have been more active financially.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

So, back to being on topic, anything new?

No

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,234
  • Days Won:  68

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Sometimes when valid reasons don't mesh with opinions, they're called excuses ..... I get it ..... and do agree that neither of us will be changing opinions.

But I do totally agree that we've never had the attitude of our neighbors. They've had to work their way up from club football to where they are now. We were handed a gift that no one except CJL was prepared for .... not Administration or fan/donor base. We probably would have eventually caught up if we hadn't been demoted but didn't have that opportunity.

And I also agree on the current leadership, which although they are also benefiting from a more "mature" fan/donor base that have been more active financially.

Trips you are always carrying the administrations water and defending them to a fault.  You are as predictable and consistent as Outlaw on this stance and for that I commend you.  It is a shame we didn’t see success the past couple years with their increased focus in investment and fund raising, we would have blew the lid off of donations.  Tough to raise money when the product is trash, however this is the only area that they have succeeded in. 

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

On 12/31/2022 at 3:14 PM, Triple B said:

“ valid reasons” for some are just opinions that they really want to believe.

But I’m glad we agree on the current leadership and I hope Golesh works out and can lead us to wins, because that will cure a lot of our problems.

But I do hope that our leaders expect more from their hires and not reward losing records or even mediocre results. I’m fine with giving someone time to develop and recruit as Fernandez did when he took over, but if after 5+ years you still can’t accomplish a record above .500, then a replacement must be found. 

• Upvote 3