He wasn't kidding (re: recruiting)

hm101

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,234
  • Days Won:  68

1 hour ago, MaBull said:

IMO Scheme wasn’t the problem or talent . Execution was the issue execution is a direct result of coaching. I just want to see a defense that knows how to set the edge. Can blitz up the middle and have the defensive ends be disciplined enough enough to keep the quarterback in the pocket. A defensive line that can engage the offensive line and linebackers who don’t overrun their gaps.

those are all coaching issues and can be solved with discipline & practice

my concern is that we’re hearing so much about offense  and what the offense  is going to do. even in the press conference there’s no questions about the most glaring weakness of this team which is defense. I wish somebody would question CAG about that issue

All of that makes perfect sense except you cannot ignore having an undersized Defensive line, they set the tone for the entire D.  If they consistently get covered up by blocks and rarely get a push then everything else falls apart.  As bad as this D was I have trouble ruling out anything as a reason.  We didn’t execute, poor scheme, small, slow and lacked talent.  If there is anything else that I am missing then we were deficient in that as well because you don’t reach this level of suckage without epically failing at every level.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

39 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

All of that makes perfect sense except you cannot ignore having an undersized Defensive line, they set the tone for the entire D.  If they consistently get covered up by blocks and rarely get a push then everything else falls apart.  As bad as this D was I have trouble ruling out anything as a reason.  We didn’t execute, poor scheme, small, slow and lacked talent.  If there is anything else that I am missing then we were deficient in that as well because you don’t reach this level of suckage without epically failing at every level.

our teams over the last 3 lacked talent and depth

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  195
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Agreed But for USF to have been somewhat successful this year their  defense needed to be just adequate. Which it was not. But my point is that proper coaching and execution can take worst defense and make them at least serviceable .The biggest challenge this past season was the offense  had so much pressure on them To be perfect to make up for a miserably coached  defense that  had trouble putting two quality plays  together let alone two qualities series or a quarter

Edited by MaBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

6 hours ago, MaBull said:

IMO Scheme wasn’t the problem or talent . Execution was the issue execution is a direct result of coaching. I just want to see a defense that knows how to set the edge. Can blitz up the middle and have the defensive ends be disciplined enough enough to keep the quarterback in the pocket. A defensive line that can engage the offensive line and linebackers who don’t overrun their gaps.

those are all coaching issues and can be solved with discipline & practice

my concern is that we’re hearing so much about offense  and what the offense  is going to do. even in the press conference there’s no questions about the most glaring weakness of this team which is defense. I wish somebody would question CAG about that issue

Whatever he says will basically be coach talk, just like previous ones. and mean very little until the bullets are live. He's not able to bring in a whole new rotation on defense so we'll have to hope what berserker said about coaching and schemes doing wonders plays out, along with the returning players having a year of experience under their belt

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,801
  • Days Won:  28

This man needs to sign - 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

35 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

This man needs to sign - 

Leek and Black Kody could team up to drop a great mixtape 

Edited by thekidnapper
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,801
  • Days Won:  28

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

58 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He straight up bullied some of those kids. One was just a fly-by and he didn't really have to use much in the way of pass rush moves, but when he did, kid was putting hands on folks.

• Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,743
  • Days Won:  30

Can't wait until after the spring game for Gators depth chart and  reading all the predictions in the weakened new aac. The depth Chart  and what ifs is the most excitement this program has had in a few years. 

Edited by Outlaw