He wasn't kidding (re: recruiting)

hm101

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

WKU's QB is a fun story. Lightly recruited out of HS, went to UWF and crushed it. Decided he wanted to prove himself at a higher level, goes to WKU and throws for 36 TDs. Entered the portal again, but WKU boosters put up some $$$ to keep him from moving on. He's legit.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,298
  • Days Won:  0

Do our new commits really not afraid to play against Alabama?  I wonder about others who left?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

3 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

I know it's comparing apples and oranges as far as the scenario goes, but this hot streak since the weekend makes me wonder exactly what CJS was doing all this time. Is it just because it's a new guy with recruits he was on at Tennessee? Is he that much better at recruiting? I understand we lost a couple guys that CJS was after but I feel like we've seen 1000% more on the recruiting front in two weeks than we've seen since last signing day.

Just as a point of reference, CJS had 13 of last year's recruits commit after the final game last year and leading up to the early signing day. It wasn't that dissimilar to what's happening now ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

3 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Coach Golesh is 100 times better the recruiter than Coach Jeff Scott. Coach Golesh seems to have the drive and energy to be a success! Coach Scott just always seemed lazy in recruiting and each year I heard the excuse that he was bringing in a small class (for whatever reason).

Coach Golesh has hit the ground running and to get a commit from Jarvis Lee at IMG Academy is outstanding. I am amazed at how many good recruits he got to visit USF in his short time here at USF. Have we ever received a commitment from an IMG recruit?

Very impressive start to Coach Golesh's tenure here at USF!

Taking nothing away from what CAG is doing right now, especially considering how long he's been here and dismal we've been the last 3 years, but it's not that much different than what CJS has done. Lee, per 247, would have been the 4th highest rated player in last year's class. CAG is doing a great job off the field but so did CJS ...... let's just hope he can do a better job on the field.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,743
  • Days Won:  30

14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Taking nothing away from what CAG is doing right now, especially considering how long he's been here and dismal we've been the last 3 years, but it's not that much different than what CJS has done. Lee, per 247, would have been the 4th highest rated player in last year's class. CAG is doing a great job off the field but so did CJS ...... let's just hope he can do a better job on the field.

CJs recruited pretty good on offense but his defensive recruits and transfers just did not pan out to improving the defense .

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,272
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

CJs recruited pretty good on offense but his defensive recruits and transfers just did not pan out to improving the defense .

That's true, but  a lot of Scott's defensive recruits were 3 stars or came through the transfer portal from big schools. They certainly didn't pan out ( maybe some of them still will with better coaching, but who knows). But on paper the recruiting wasn't bad. Now the coaching was bad. There is no doubt about that.

Now having said that I am verry impressed with how coach Golesh recruited in the last 4 days. Whether the recruiting is better then Coach Scott; only time will tell. Hopefully the coaching will be better!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

20 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

That's true, but  a lot of Scott's defensive recruits were 3 stars or came through the transfer portal from big schools. They certainly didn't pan out ( maybe some of them still will with better coaching, but who knows). But on paper the recruiting wasn't bad. Now the coaching was bad. There is no doubt about that.

Now having said that I am verry impressed with how coach Golesh recruited in the last 4 days. Whether the recruiting is better then Coach Scott; only time will tell. Hopefully the coaching will be better!

Just so we don't get too excited about a new coach and recruiting... there was a time...

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2010/02/11/usf-holtz

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,743
  • Days Won:  30

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Just so we don't get too excited about a new coach and recruiting... there was a time...

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2010/02/11/usf-holtz

Skip had some solid wins and his worst was a lot better than one fbs win in 3 years. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Western Kentucky would have ripped a new a hole on this years USF team.

2 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

WKU would smoke us right now. Lets not get ahead ourselves 

and he still picked us?   Crazy ..... 🙄

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

36 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

coaching