I think we dodged a bullet here

hightechbull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Prime time was a character he created. Hell, Deon doesn't even drink, smoke or do drugs and is quite religious. Nothing wrong with being confident....some people are offended by other people's confidence...that is not his problem but yours. As for being too busy to sign autographs, maybe he was too busy or not in the mood at that time. You know that man personally (neither do i), so if you want to hate a "stranger" then go ahead. In the end, hundreds of kids are reaching out to him to be a part of his team....that is not happening to us. 

Please keep in mind that he was probably not matured yet as I believe he was in his mid twenties. He just didn’t want to sign autographs after the spring training game. He should of been a man and said that instead of acting like he was carrying heavy boxes when they were actually empty light boxes. It was good for his excuse to us youngsters saying “can’t you see I’m busy?” Lol. He did a lot of immature things when he was younger like im sure we all did. I still laugh at when he dumped the Gatorade bucket on MLB announcer Tim McCarver and the run off like a coward only because he didn’t like what Tim was saying on the broadcast. Like I said I’m an imperfect follower of Christ so I forgive but I sure are hell won’t forget lol. USF will be fine with or without him. Go Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,806
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, Bull Awakening said:

Please keep in mind that he was probably not matured yet as I believe he was in his mid twenties. He just didn’t want to sign autographs after the spring training game. He should of been a man and said that instead of acting like he was carrying heavy boxes when they were actually empty light boxes. It was good for his excuse to us youngsters saying “can’t you see I’m busy?” Lol. He did a lot of immature things when he was younger like im sure we all did. I still laugh at when he dumped the Gatorade bucket on MLB announcer Tim McCarver and the run off like a coward only because he didn’t like what Tim was saying on the broadcast. Like I said I’m an imperfect follower of Christ so I forgive but I sure are hell won’t forget lol. USF will be fine with or without him. Go Bulls!!

I'm sure we will be fine w/o him, but to say dodged a bullet and **** on him after we was all super excited about him becoming our coach is just bitterness? Why do many USF fans harbor so much bitterness?

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm sure we will be fine w/o him, but to say dodged a bullet and **** on him after we was all super excited about him becoming our coach is just bitterness? Why do many USF fans harbor so much bitterness?

Because we have been losing too much lately I guess lol. Think a lot of USF fans are tired of the losing. Sure DS would have been great but it probably would have been short lived lol. He will probably coach at Colorado for about 3 seasons before a better opportunity comes. I tend to look at the positives now that we didn’t end up with DS. First and foremost is that our Star freshman QB Brown wont be getting screwed. And the other is USF will have to start winning the old fashioned blue collared way kind of like Leavitt did it. 

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,806
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, Bull Awakening said:

Because we have been losing too much lately I guess lol. Think a lot of USF fans are tired of the losing. Sure DS would have been great but it probably would have been short lived lol. He will probably coach at Colorado for about 3 seasons before a better opportunity comes. I tend to look at the positives now that we didn’t end up with DS. First and foremost is that our Star freshman QB Brown wont be getting screwed. And the other is USF will have to start winning the old fashioned blue collared way kind of like Leavitt did it. 

I agree. I am too big a fan of Byrum Brown. I don't see him being happy to get benched for anybody other than Gerry Bohanon (who is his mentor and only person I don't think he would have an issue getting benched for). I also want a coached that will not get poached away so quick. I feel CAG will give us 4-6 years even if he starts off strong. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

3 hours ago, TheUpperHand said:

Speaking of which, I'm surprised deioniscoming decided not to hang around. He hasn't posted in 10 days. I was sure he was going to be a contributor to TBP for years to come.

He hasn't posted in 10 days under THAT name ......

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I agree. I am too big a fan of Byrum Brown. I don't see him being happy to get benched for anybody other than Gerry Bohanon (who is his mentor and only person I don't think he would have an issue getting benched for). I also want a coached that will not get poached away so quick. I feel CAG will give us 4-6 years even if he starts off strong. 

Amen! Yeah think CAG will start to get USF on track I hope. But I’m not expecting miracles next season. I for one think the AAC is gonna be just as tough if not tougher next season. UTSA & UAB additions will help strengthen the conference. UNT won’t be easy. Tulane will be tough. Hopefully we improve on defense to give us a fighting chance next season 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,166
  • Days Won:  109

14 hours ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Haven't they now confirmed he was never on campus or even in Tampa when all these rumors came out?  We couldn't afford him and he was never coming here.  Deion's PR guys sent out a few "leads" to the local media and it snowballed from there.  He knew CU was his destination but had to get another school into the mix to make them increase their offer.  

He was not on campus. 

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671
  • Days Won:  19

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

He was not on campus. 

Next, you're going to tell me there's no Santa Claus.

The Grinch Film GIF by The Good Films

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

He was not on campus. 

We are gonna be fine in the long run. From what I have been hearing is that USF was after CAG for some time before all the Deion to USF rumors started up. 

• Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,166
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

We are gonna be fine in the long run. From what I have been hearing is that USF was after CAG for some time before all the Deion to USF rumors started up. 

There were discussions with Deion and other coaches besides CAG. CAG is our coach and we'll see what happens. 

• Upvote 1