has the new coach announced any of his assistants

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I read it and it said one time coach of year. It did not mention how many championships, record, playoff record  or division  titles.  It just said he was a long time coach, teacher, and school administrator. I was wondering if anyone had any more information about him.  He is from Ohio . Hopefully he has local ties and connections to Tampa to recruit Florida better . Hopefully it works out.

Did you read this?

University of South Florida Head Coach Alex Golesh has named Jeff Jones as the Bulls' director of player development, a role in which he will oversee the Bulls development and growth in community and campus engagement, leadership development and off the field skill sets necessary for success in life after their time at USF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,812
  • Days Won:  30

33 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Did you read this?

University of South Florida Head Coach Alex Golesh has named Jeff Jones as the Bulls' director of player development, a role in which he will oversee the Bulls development and growth in community and campus engagement, leadership development and off the field skill sets necessary for success in life after their time at USF.

Yes but as my question was did he come from a power house program that instills winning in players or just a normal school administrator? I am not digging the guy but there are thousands of coaches with a little of success that are teachers, administrators, and school staff. I am wondering why this guy from Ohio was chosen. He could be great or he could be terrible. I am not judging just wanting to know why he was selected . It seems if he want to grow in the Florida community we would want a guy with experience coaching and working with high school athletes from Florida.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

36 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Yes but as my question was did he come from a power house program that instills winning in players or just a normal school administrator? I am not digging the guy but there are thousands of coaches with a little of success that are teachers, administrators, and school staff. I am wondering why this guy from Ohio was chosen. He could be great or he could be terrible. I am not judging just wanting to know why he was selected . It seems if he want to grow in the Florida community we would want a guy with experience coaching and working with high school athletes from Florida.

Read it again ... really read it.

1 hour ago, olafberserker said:

Did you read this?

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

GIF by BJ The Chicago Kid

Then read it again.  It explains why he was hired. 

Hint:  it isn't to coach on the field or recruit off it

Edited by olafberserker

Just now, olafberserker said:

Then read it again.  It explains why he was hired. 

Hint:  it isn't to coach on the field or recruit off it

If you want to grow community engagement, community relationships with businesses and schools which leads to better recruiting, and community support you would assume it would be a local guy with success and ties to the greater Tampa  area.... Ohio is a long ways away from Tampa Florida.

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

If you want to grow community engagement, community relationships with businesses and schools which leads to better recruiting, and community support you would assume it would be a local guy with success and ties to the greater Tampa  area.... Ohio is a long ways away from Tampa Florida.

My lord, so you didn't read the article

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

My lord, so you didn't read the article

He coached  AG but that doesn't have Florida ties.

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

He coached  AG but that doesn't have Florida ties.

I can't imagine you are this dense so I am just going to assume you are a miserable cuss who has to complain about something all the time

Mark Wahlberg No GIF by Daddy's Home

6 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

I can't imagine you are this dense so I am just going to assume you are a miserable cuss who has to complain about something all the time

Mark Wahlberg No GIF by Daddy's Home

You are the one trying to put people down and argue all the time. I am just saying the guy has worked mostly in Ohio nd pointing out my  concerns about being able to build relationships in Florida. All you do is try to put people down you do not agree with you and you can just hit dislike button then move on. I am not putting down your intelligence for thinking differently about the hire but you want to insult people. If you don't like what I think don't reply .  You clearly ignore my point of concern multiple times and said I didn't read the article which is false and insulted my intelligence. If you want to debate  my point of view bring facts or counter points to the conversation not insults with no basis.

Edited by Outlaw

Geezus, I didn't insult your intelligence .... I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't read it ....

Here I'll help you out some more:

"I am honored and excited that Coach Jones is joining us at USF and employing his tremendous experience in education and coaching to the overall development of our Bulls players," Golesh said. "I played for him and experienced first-hand his outstanding ability as a mentor and teacher of student-athletes, and I am so excited our players will also have the opportunity to benefit from his leadership and wisdom."