Alex Golesh ?

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  746
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Does Dabo have a system beyond recruiting stud QBs and throwing jump balls to first round WRs? 

Sell me on the Huepuel system and what Golesh's role in developing and/or executing that was.

I say that earnestly. I want to be sold on our new HC, because I am and will always be a proud Bull, unfortunately or not at times (in terms of football). 

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,486

1 hour ago, OnTheBus said:

What I'm trying to figure out is what I'm sure the USF marketing crew in charge of the rollout is trying to figure out: What's the selling point?

Is he a name? No. Does he have accolades or trophies? No. Experience as an HC? No. Local ties, or an established recruiter? No. Looks like Ryan Gosling? No. Innovative playcaller? Eh? Riding the coattails of our "rival" school's previous HC? You gonna sell us on that? He's cheap? Probably, and relatively, but that's not something you'll say.

So I'm just trying to figure out what he brings to the table (even purely speculatory) that made him someone over whoever was 8th on Kelly's list.

USF marketing and MK should probably lay low for a bit.

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,319
  • Days Won:  11

Not gonna lie; I am very underwhelmed and quite disappointed with the reported USF HC hire. Desperately hoping that MK knows something we don't, because on paper, this is quite an unimpressive hire. I understand if we couldn't afford Deion, and sure we might have had trouble competing with Liberty for Chadwell, but there were a lot of great *proven* head coaches on the board. Golesh has ONE year as an OC, and he'snot even fully an OC. Prior to that, UCF TE coach. Prior to that, all position coaching. This is NOT. NOT. NOT. the resume of someone I would hope we could attract as USF head coach. For the record, I would 100% without a SHADOW OF A DOUBT preferred Daniel Da Prato to be promoted as HC over taking this guy. PLEASE tell me DDP will be kept on, Trickett will be kept, and this guy gets a short leash. I would rather DDP got a 1 year contract than this; could have allowed us to see what's upcoming next hiring cycle and tried out DDP in the process. Golesh doesn't have a resumè better than DDP and at least we know DDP is committed to USF. Not. Happy. W.T.F. I really stood behind MK but this hire has left me questioning everything.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,745
  • Days Won:  30

3 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

Not gonna lie; I am very underwhelmed and quite disappointed with the reported USF HC hire. Desperately hoping that MK knows something we don't, because on paper, this is quite an unimpressive hire. I understand if we couldn't afford Deion, and sure we might have had trouble competing with Liberty for Chadwell, but there were a lot of great *proven* head coaches on the board. Golesh has ONE year as an OC, and he'snot even fully an OC. Prior to that, UCF TE coach. Prior to that, all position coaching. This is NOT. NOT. NOT. the resume of someone I would hope we could attract as USF head coach. For the record, I would 100% without a SHADOW OF A DOUBT preferred Daniel Da Prato to be promoted as HC over taking this guy. PLEASE tell me DDP will be kept on, Trickett will be kept, and this guy gets a short leash. I would rather DDP got a 1 year contract than this; could have allowed us to see what's upcoming next hiring cycle and tried out DDP in the process. Golesh doesn't have a resumè better than DDP and at least we know DDP is committed to USF. Not. Happy. W.T.F. I really stood behind MK but this hire has left me questioning everything.

Welcome to the fold.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,807

17 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

Where are you getting his resume from? He was co-offensive coordinator/TE coach at UCF in 2020. Hes been the Tennessee OC since 2021 so he's been doing that for 2 years. He's been coaching just as long as Da Prado

You're comparing his resume to Da Prados? You know what Da Prado has done in his career? Special teams coach. Wr coach. And a quality coach. Oh and 0-3 at USF with one of the worst blunders we've had during the UCF game. Sure he was better than Scott but that's not saying much. 

We're not a top tier program any more guys. Just accept it. Give golesh a chance.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

**** me sideways 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 hours ago, OnTheBus said:

Sell me on the Huepuel system and what Golesh's role in developing and/or executing that was.

I say that earnestly. I want to be sold on our new HC, because I am and will always be a proud Bull, unfortunately or not at times (in terms of football). 

321591_20210310_FB_Headshot_AF_010.jpg?w

Follow @CoachGolesh updated May 2022 Alex Golesh made an immediate impact as Tennessee’s offensive

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,285
  • Days Won:  10

Just woke up, and checked this board hoping for an update. Am I still sleeping and am I having a nightmare? This route doesn't make any sense. We needed someone with head coaching experience. We cant afford another coach with training wheels who will undoubtedly hit a learning curve. We needed someone who could be successful right away. Mullen, the Troy coach, the Toledo coach,... would have been better choices. Verry dissapointed!

Having said that I hope I am wrong and hope that he is successful here, but I doubt it. I have zero confidence right now in Kelly

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

read his bio on Tenn website. I like the hire. Better than breaking the bank for some of the names floated. Deion was the only one worth breaking the bank for.

He called plays at TENN as well as UCF his last year. from his bio before the season

In the last two years combined as a playcaller, including his year at UCF,

321591_20210310_FB_Headshot_AF_010.jpg?w

Follow @CoachGolesh updated May 2022 Alex Golesh made an immediate impact as Tennessee’s offensive

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

I wonder what FAU is paying Tom Herman? Did USF really have to go the cheapest route possible?