Deion Sanders

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

24 minutes ago, Brad said:

I deleted my comment because it wasn’t a perfect comparison.  But when those two are gone, it’s a very weak conference.   If Dion is what people here thinks he will be or could be then that PAC 12 conference should also be owned by him.  

PAC 12 will eventually add more teams. Probably from Big 12

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Days Won:  14

21 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

I'd be surprised if Deion is going to the spot that offers him the most money.   I'm not convinced he is going to be successful at the next level.  Coaching at a G5 might be his best bet, but Im sure he will chase the money a P5 offers over a G5

At elite levels you need to have the xs and os. At our level you need to be good at talent development and recruiting.

In other words... Raw talent can win you the AAC. Raw talent alone cannot win you the SEC.

Thats why Sanders could be good here and CJS failed. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,234
  • Days Won:  68

27 minutes ago, Brad said:

I deleted my comment because it wasn’t a perfect comparison.  But when those two are gone, it’s a very weak conference.   If Dion is what people here thinks he will be or could be then that PAC 12 conference should also be owned by him.  

It will be a weak conference out west with little interest and late start times with less interest in a region that does not follow colleges football like the southeast.  I personally am not sold on Deion at the next level but feel he is a good fit here and could enjoy some success due to above average recruiting and therefore position himself where others may view him as a viable candidate.  Who knows what goes on in the beautiful mind of Prime, this is the kind of splash hire we so badly need, I give our chances at 36.7% of landing PT.

10 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

PAC 12 will eventually add more teams. Probably from Big 12

Other way around 

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It will be a weak conference out west with little interest and late start times with less interest in a region that does not follow colleges football like the southeast.  I personally am not sold on Deion at the next level but feel he is a good fit here and could enjoy some success due to above average recruiting and therefore position himself where others may view him as a viable candidate.  Who knows what goes on in the beautiful mind of Prime, this is the kind of splash hire we so badly need, I give our chances at 36.7% of landing PT.

Other way around 

I would be shocked. Why leave the prestige of the PAC 12 for basically another Big East type hybrid conference that is the sinking big 12??

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I don't think he was ever coming here we were used to drive up his value and demand. Next man up Leavitt or Chadwell.

Chadwell's Coastal Carolina are getting absolutely destroyed by James Madison, a team that was in FCS last year.

Coastal is terrible without their QB, Grayson McCall, who is out with an injury.  I am watching their game right now and they are not good without their QB.

Chadwell rode a hot QB the past 3 years to a good record, nothing more.

Edited by BullsFanInTX

4 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I would be shocked. Why leave the prestige of the PAC 12 for basically another Big East type hybrid conference that is the sinking big 12??

Location location location 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

18 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Deion is living large and he certainly didn’t take his last gig for money.

But he had interviewed at other schools (including USF people say) and was not offered.  Sounds like his income wasn’t by choice.  

1 minute ago, Brad said:

But he had interviewed at other schools (including USF people say) and was not offered.  Sounds like his income wasn’t by choice.  

Yes however donating half of his salary back to the school was his choice 

3 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Chadwell's Coastal Carolina are getting absolutely destroyed by James Madison, a team that was in FCS last year.

Coastal is terrible without their QB, Grayson McCall, who is out with an injury.  I am watching their game right now and they are not good without their QB.

Chadwell rode a hot QB the past 3 years to a good record, nothing more.

JMU was one of USF’s early rivalries. Fun times. Leavitt eventually destroyed JMU. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Yes however donating half of his salary back to the school was his choice 

Perhaps.