Deion Sanders

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

17 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

With that said JP seems pretty good on our chances with Prime.   Since it sounds like Vinik is a player I'm sure JP is getting some of his info from him

JP is an FSU guy, you'd think he would have some sources related to that.  If he doesn't, then he is an even bigger hack than I first thought.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  496
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, tomalleniscoming said:

I’ll see my way to that thread.

Umm...you're on my turf.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  1,174
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, jameyiscoming said:

Umm...you're on my turf.

oh hell no GIF

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,328
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Or a statue of him incorporated….

Hopefully MK is a shrewd enough negotiator to incorporate that into the contract only if Deion brings home a conference championship. 

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,746
  • Days Won:  53

31 minutes ago, USFguy1977 said:

It really depends on what it is that he wants.  I doubt he expects anything unreasonable...probably just doesn't want a half-@$$ed bounce house.  You can't let him completely dictate terms on the OCS but I don't think it would be a big deal for USF to say that they will certainly make every effort to accommodate his wishes.

If he wants a nice stadium built quickly, so do we.  So that doesn't seem like bad control!

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,355
  • Days Won:  490

20 minutes ago, jameyiscoming said:

Umm...you're on my turf.

This is not your turf, you too have your own thread...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,355
  • Days Won:  490

30 minutes ago, Triple B said:

One thing though, IF Deion is concerned about the stadium, means he’s looking a little further down the road than some concerns are ….

This is nice dreaming.

If he wants any "control" of the stadium, he needs to be here for the first full season in it.  That means no bailing out even if Norvell becomes a monk and moves to Tibet.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Great to here Dan Wetzei predict Sanders to USF on that Rome show today. They talked up USF good. Pretty much said Colorado P5 status does not mean as much now with the 12 team playoff. Said USF has a better chance at being in the playoffs then a lot of these middle of the pack P5 schools: said USF’s location is the big advantage 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,498
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Great to here Dan Wetzei predict Sanders to USF on that Rome show today. They talked up USF good. Pretty much said Colorado P5 status does not mean as much now with the 12 team playoff. Said USF has a better chance at being in the playoffs then a lot of these middle of the pack P5 schools: said USF’s location is the big advantage 

Anyone have a link?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

23 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

JP is an FSU guy, you'd think he would have some sources related to that.  If he doesn't, then he is an even bigger hack than I first thought.

You guys can rag on him all you want, but he had an excellent analysis on his show/pod today about why Deion may ultimately choose to come to USF. He was skeptical as recently as a few days ago (when the UC position opened up), but now thinks it’s a good possibility.

He has better contacts in Tampa and at FSU than TDS (he works for the Lightning and Vinik, who’s tied in with USF; he’s an FSU homer with all kinds of ties to former players including Derrick Brooks and Deion Sanders); he’s been doing this some 30 years. I do believe him when he says he’s heard significant things from solid sources.

None of that means Deion will definitely come here, and in his defense he never guaranteed anything (they could indeed be 90% of the way to an agreement, but never get there).

But for as much as we complain about local media giving two craps about USF athletics, he’s passing along info he has heard from what he believes to be credible sources. He knows USF fans don’t care about him or listen to his show, and that probably won’t change after this coaching search. Unless he’s right, that is. 

Waiting for Sunday…

• Upvote 1