Deion Sanders

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

You obviously have a chip that clouds your abilities.  :roflmao:

Must be an original member of the Fire Jim Leavitt crowd.

No I appreciate what he did here. Unfortunately time has passed him by. It happens to all of us.

If I told you(without knowing his name) we were hiring FAU's former DC that is currently unemployed people on here would go ballistic.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:
  • It was clear that the staff wasn't really up on the USF situation claiming that we don't have a good QB or any good players on the roster for example, though they could cite certain things like Willie Taggart and Jim Leavitt.  It seems to me like we have one of our best offensive lines, a future star at QB and THE RB Battie.  Even with a supposed leader at WR sitting out, we were really moving the ball when we tried.  Maybe our TE and WR situation is better than we thought once we were not relying on one person.

I think Tags was in the middle of his time here the last time BTLS was relevant in the Tampa market, so this checks out.

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:
  • My thinking is that Bubba is always trying to find an angle to boost his signal, so he was throwing shade at USF by saying the solution is to just give Deion whatever he wants.  That's because he wants Deion to come here and hopes to get a piece of that attention.  Heavily biased take.  Nothing wrong with that.  We all have our motivations.  😀

One hundred percent he would try to attach himself to Deion if he came here and try to get a piece of that buzz.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  53

5 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

It is amazing that this coaching has wide ranging characters such as Bubba The Love Sponge spending over 20 minutes of his show talking about it. LOL

This is a Hall of Fame topic for sure!

It's wild - I haven't heard that show since the MJ lawsuits and all those shenanigans.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,339
  • Days Won:  490

9 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

No I appreciate what he did here. Unfortunately time has passed him by. It happens to all of us.

If I told you(without knowing his name) we were hiring FAU's former DC that is currently unemployed people on here would go ballistic.

It's not about appreciation

Time doesn't randomly pass someone by only when convenient.  It's your opinion.  Coaches coach, some for generations and/or decades.  

If you described Leavitt in only that regard, they would think you weren't very truthful or smart, honestly.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Since this is a circus, I have random thoughts on the BTLS video that was posted earlier.

• I tapped out about 10 or 15 minutes in
  • It was posted from a show on 11/28, so the information may be outdated.  There's been opposing gossip since.
  • It was clear that the staff wasn't really up on the USF situation claiming that we don't have a good QB or any good players on the roster for example, though they could cite certain things like Willie Taggart and Jim Leavitt.  It seems to me like we have one of our best offensive lines, a future star at QB and THE RB Battie.  Even with a supposed leader at WR sitting out, we were really moving the ball when we tried.  Maybe our TE and WR situation is better than we thought once we were not relying on one person.
  • My thinking is that Bubba is always trying to find an angle to boost his signal, so he was throwing shade at USF by saying the solution is to just give Deion whatever he wants.  That's because he wants Deion to come here and hopes to get a piece of that attention.  Heavily biased take.  Nothing wrong with that.  We all have our motivations.  😀
  • That being said, he does represent the kind of "casual fan" intrigue we would suddenly capture again in the TB area.
  • Bubba is also heavily versed in the wrestling world, so he wouldn't mind playing his part of a storyline even if he knew it was all a work.

I think this is it.  I think our new poster, and our seasoned one both got info from Bubba as he has a relationship with Deion from way back.  I haven't seen any posts from either since someone hinted it could be him.  Either way, other than the side show I still don't see how Deion is anything more than Coach Strong/Skip revisited.  We have a knack at picking up our target coach and them not being up to snuff.  And Tags needed a come to Jesus before he did anything notable. (which is easy to do in a **** conference)  You see how well he has done since...

Team Leavitt.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  53

2 minutes ago, ZeroBullChip said:

Team Leavitt.

Maybe this is the tribulation we must endure for 1000 years of Leavitt.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

It's not about appreciation

Time doesn't randomly pass someone by only when convenient.  It's your opinion.  Coaches coach, some for generations and/or decades.  

If you described Leavitt in only that regard, they would think you weren't very truthful or smart, honestly.

It wasn't random. it's been happening. He saw a steady decline in the jobs he was offered.

honestly he rode Taggart's coat tails from Oregon to FSU and then to FAU

He had a good career. He is 66. It's time to retire.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,339
  • Days Won:  490

You can view it that way.  99% of assistant coaches (ride the coattails) of an existing head coach.  CJL had two places he desired to HC - USF and KSU.  Making assumptions about everything else is nothing more than that.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  496
  • Days Won:  1

36 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Any offer to Chadwell would NOT be contingent on Deion accepting our job. That is not how these coaching hires work and would be unprofessional. 

I really don't want Leavitt back. He would not have the same success as he did the first time. That ship has sailed.

I am all for hiring Chadwell at this point.

Well that's good because Jamey is Coming.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,486
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

I was excited about Deion coming to USF. But seeing some of his demands, they are rather ridiculous. Seems like if we hire Deion, we will be more of a Circus atmosphere.

where have you seen his list of demands?