Deion Sanders

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,460
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

If it falls through, just put the call in to CJL and say that was the plan the whole time.  Done.

He’d probably get the least backlash (maybe even more praise) from the fanbase if Deion isn’t the guy. Would be a smart move by VPMK if that was his priority. 

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Don't see how we're using him. If our offer is anywhere near $5 million (millions more than we've paid a coach before) F him for turning us down and let's move on to the next guy.

If in three years he's gone, but we 1) have some wins, 2) have some national publicity on the order of JSU the past few years under him (no denying JSU has gotten insane mileage out of him in the media just for him being him) 3) a roster stocked with some legit recruits like he's brought to JSU, 4) and the OCS process gets sped up... haven't we both gotten our money's worth?

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  53

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

If in three years he's gone, but we 1) have some wins, 2) have some national publicity on the order of JSU the past few years under him (no denying JSU has gotten insane mileage out of him in the media just for him being him) 3) a roster stocked with some legit recruits like he's brought to JSU, 4) and the OCS process gets sped up... haven't we both gotten our money's worth?

I would say so.  Then we just don't go for Charlie Strong II and we rollin...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,149
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, JTrue said:

He'd be getting paid to do those things.

I'm talking right now. He's using us. Don't see how we're using him. More like begging from reports. But we honestly don't know WTF is actually going on.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,349
  • Days Won:  490

17 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

devil playing GIF

16 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

He works for Barstool Sports, which is probably the biggest sports media/entertainment outlet for college students right now.

w-yyQUt2.1f9b494f.png?crop=0.99%2C0.99%2

Get all of the latest content from Deion Sanders

I didnt know that.  He must be multi-talented.  

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  53

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm talking right now. He's using us. Don't see how we're using him. More like begging from reports. But we honestly don't know WTF is actually going on.

I can say I am getting more random messages about it and seeing USF in way more headlines.  It makes us seem like a real player and like we are on the level.  So that's something from a branding perspective.  I don't think anyone expected us to really be in the conversation when this all started and now we have secret alleged meetings and people looking up flight records.  Either way, it looks like we really tried and came through with some historic levels of money for us anyway.  Maybe there are certain elements of control that we can't or shouldn't relinquish if that is the big sticking point.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Not saying I wouldn't want to see him here. But really not starting to like getting jerked around by him.

He’s enjoying it.  

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,777
  • Days Won:  7

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Not saying I wouldn't want to see him here. But really not starting to like getting jerked around by him.

You don't see that you're being jerked around by everyone but Deion? He's already said his focus is his team's game on Saturday. Everyone else is jerking you around with their lies, speculation, misinformation, and trolling. Deion is literally just being Coach Prime this week. If you stayed off this forum for the next 4 days or so, you'd never feel jerked around by anyone and wouldn't come up with such a feeling about Deion. Get off this emotional rollercoaster and come back for the answer when it's revealed. 

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, CousinRicky said:

I guess I'm looking at it from the perspective of... we KNOW he's not the long term guy. How much money is he worth in media, publicity, recruits, etc. just by hiring him. I think he's a guy who could get us out of the rut we're in both on the field and off with fans. $5 million is insane, but if someone told USF you could hire Chadwell for whatever and spend $2-$3 million in advertising and it would guarantee we'd be on ESPN with massive more coverage, word of mouth, excite the fanbase... You'd say, I like Chadwell, but your ad money is a crapshoot. Deion may not be the coach, but he's worth every penny of that ad money. That's what you're hiring him for.