God hates USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Big OT from Tennessee 6’6 325 RJ Perry commits to Bulls

Big get

Can we put him at DT instead and train him there haha we need that size on defense

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

I’m glad for those that chose to come and play for USF. As for whether they will be good or not, time will tell. So let’s welcome them and cheer for them to succeed 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,808
  • Days Won:  30

26 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You can teach a kid to catch. You can teach routes. You can't teach speed. And 4.47 is more than adequate. 

Now if you can teach him to catch while running at full speed you have a football player.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

12 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I think you’re probably right, but let’s consider my hoops comparison again. Our dreg of a hoops program added three players who have produced at a high level before coming here - Harris, Bryant, Miguel. Why can’t football do that with a few guys, too?

Honestly don't think our hoops comparison is a good one. First, you've got a veteran staff that's been in this "portal" mode pretty much since they got here. Second, you've only got 5 players contributing at any one point compared to 22 so it's a lot easier for 1 or 2 players to come in and make an immediate impact. I think the players get that and are more willing to take a chance on a place like USF.

• Topic Count:  374
  • Content Count:  4,319
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Honestly don't think our hoops comparison is a good one. First, you've got a veteran staff that's been in this "portal" mode pretty much since they got here. Second, you've only got 5 players contributing at any one point compared to 22 so it's a lot easier for 1 or 2 players to come in and make an immediate impact. I think the players get that and are more willing to take a chance on a place like USF.

Fair enough. I disagree, but fair enough. I’m not talking about signing 20 transfers who were all significant starters elsewhere in the P5 - just a few who are clear plug-and-play guys instead of career backups or starters at a lower level like the DE we signed last season who was a D2 Superman and barely showed up for us. Isn’t that what we need out of a coach? Somebody who gives us signs that maybe there’s something special coming from his regime instead of the usual question marks? I’d like to hit the jackpot at some point, but maybe you’re right, the odds for the Bulls are probably as long as they are for any of us with the lottery.  🙂

it would be nice to have some semi-certainty with a few guys, especially since our three legit weapons from last season’s offense are in the wind with eligibility remaining. And let me say this, I know the portal isn’t exactly filled with key starters from other programs, but there are some. Isn’t half of UF’s starting O-line in the portal? Get us one of those guys instead of a third teamer from Tennessee.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

I think he has recruited the OLine pretty good adding

Transfers: Perry 6’6 325 and Bowie 6’4 325 who hopefully will either start or provide valuable back ups for this year.

High School: Jenkins 6’5 270, Milovac 6’6 280, Lawrence 6’5 285 and Skinner 6’5 305 for future would probably RS and get bigger and stronger.

Our most probable line up for 2023

RT Bailey 6’6 289 (JR) Transfer from VTech

RG Lofton 6’2 312 ( SO) Transfer from UCF

C Best 6’4 296 (SO)

LG Perkins 6’5 315 (SO) Transfer from Maryland 

LT Jennings 6’5 312 (GR) 

So you can see that Transfers will play a big part on whether OLine will be a success in 2023

• Topic Count:  374
  • Content Count:  4,319
  • Days Won:  56

Listen, I’m definitely not down at all on Coach Go. I’m hopeful, for sure. I just want some tangible sign(s) that things will turn around. Keeping Weaver, Horn and/or Battie on the roster would have been one such sign. Signing a few clear day one starters would be another. Neither has happened so far. Doesn’t mean we won’t be better regardless, but the question marks just keep getting more pronounced as Weaver and Battie exit. If for some reason Bynum Brown were to be next, leaving us with one season of Gerry, who has yet to play a full season due to injuries, Marsh - and an unproven backup transfer from Coastal Carolina . . . 

• Upvote 1

Another Transfer

DJ Harris JR from Texas will be a (SO) 6’2 235. LB/ EDGE was a four star out of HS.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,005
  • Days Won:  4

24 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Listen, I’m definitely not down at all on Coach Go. I’m hopeful, for sure. I just want some tangible sign(s) that things will turn around. Keeping Weaver, Horn and/or Battie on the roster would have been one such sign. Signing a few clear day one starters would be another. Neither has happened so far. Doesn’t mean we won’t be better regardless, but the question marks just keep getting more pronounced as Weaver and Battie exit. If for some reason Bynum Brown were to be next, leaving us with one season of Gerry, who has yet to play a full season due to injuries, Marsh - and an unproven backup transfer from Coastal Carolina . . . 

Same here. It comes down to individual expectation management. There are those who are all amped up and think that anyone - anyone - who commits to the U of SF is great, wonderful, the answer to prayers and next season, by virtue of a new coach, will plant us squarely in bowl contention right off the bat. There are others, like me, who reserve accolades until such time as the clock ticks 00:00 and the numbers on the USF side are greater than those on the not-USF side. Until then we can engage in speculation and supposition with reckless abandon, 'cause it don't cost nothing, and it passes the time until real, live, honest-to-god results start to show up.

lucy-charlie-brown-football.jpg

Edited by WoolyBully
  • Haha 1