USF players and the Transfer Portal

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

Fowler Avenue recently named three “ambassadors”: Bohanon, Evans and transfer Summerall.  Did anyone ask if they offered Battie NIL?

Sarah Colonna Netflix GIF by Insatiable

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,754
  • Days Won:  30

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Fowler Avenue recently named three “ambassadors”: Bohanon, Evans and transfer Summerall.  Did anyone ask if they offered Battie NIL?

That was a question I was going to ask if you could ask Battie since you tbp paid him ? If Fowler avenue was going to spend money on any returning players it should be Battie, Weaver,  and Brown .

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,754
  • Days Won:  30

25 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

So our defense is already bad and we lose all our receivers, our kicker and our top RB so how are we going to be any good next year? What am I missing? 

Its Not GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,137
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

They had to because they literally did a zoom event with him

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,621
  • Days Won:  255

48 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

I think that's going to be the nature of college football, henceforth. Facilities used to be a selling point, but I fear that folding green is more of one. I know, I know, there are a ton of variables when it comes to recruiting and retention, but this just - to me - looks like once we've said it's not illegal nor immoral to "pay" (however you want to spin that, it's up to you) for talent, I would have a hard time selling a recruit/player on some other strong point.  I'm not seeing it. I'm just not seeing how U of SF has, or will ever have, the sort of dinero to square off with the AAC (Alarmingly Affluent Colleges). This is based on what I've seen here over the past twenty-odd years, so if we were not competitive against the P5 in pre-NIL era, I don't see us opening up the purse in the even-greater-divide-post-NIL era. Could be wrong. It's happened before. That's just how I see it. 

Based on early results of the impacts of an IPF and increased salary spend infrastructure and salaries seem like a pretty good start but I’m sure the stadium is going to somehow be different. We had a pretty lean setup that should have allowed us to easily pivot in a changed landscape, why we are hell bent and determined to run to a past approach that has almost no relevance now is beyond me. Either the nil makes a big difference in which case there is no reason to waste money on a stadium or it doesn’t in which case there is no reason to waste money on a stadium.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,381
  • Days Won:  2

Been away and we are losing Battie.

Angry Michael C Hall GIF

Scrap the stadium idea and let's just buy a national championship team.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  621
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Been away and we are losing Battie.

Angry Michael C Hall GIF

Scrap the stadium idea and let's just buy a national championship team.

I know there’s some tongue in cheek in that statement but I think it does merit discussion... How can donors be expected (as I assume they will be) to fund a new stadium as well as shell out the money needed to retain/recruit players? Doesn’t seem plausible.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

Are we expecting our donor base to compete with the P5 power houses?  Even without a stadium?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,152
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Based on early results of the impacts of an IPF and increased salary spend infrastructure and salaries seem like a pretty good start but I’m sure the stadium is going to somehow be different. We had a pretty lean setup that should have allowed us to easily pivot in a changed landscape, why we are hell bent and determined to run to a past approach that has almost no relevance now is beyond me. Either the nil makes a big difference in which case there is no reason to waste money on a stadium or it doesn’t in which case there is no reason to waste money on a stadium.

Saved me the trouble of typing something similar. Like we're always behind and chasing. IPF? Got it now but way too late. OCS? Let's assume 2026 but way too late and, with NIL and portal, may not mean squat although our new head coach, and many others, is convinced it is needed. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Saved me the trouble of typing something similar. Like we're always behind and chasing. IPF? Got it now but way too late. OCS? Let's assume 2026 but way too late and, with NIL and portal, may not mean squat although our new head coach, and many others, is convinced it is needed. 

Thanks Judy ....