USF players and the Transfer Portal

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

37 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Not taking it personally but we, as fans, have to realize that most players aren't going to be Bulls for life. Will be more like

image.png.c8990650293a1e6ea1b8158fc6365974.png

That goes right along with coaching, Willie’s “Who’s got it better than us, nobody” bs.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

. I could give a f**k about negative feelings.

Obviously .... which is why you keep criticizing others for their opinions .... 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

47 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm not arguing if a person has that right or not.  My view is for us to be BETTER than that. 

I agree. They are college kids for crying out loud. Most will never make it pro in sports so why would we have fans treating them like they are pro athletes? USF fans need to not make the fan base seem terrible. Recruits may see this and say thanks but no thanks. It is a good point to kill people with kindness as that goes a long way. Go Bulls!!

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  5,630
  • Days Won:  10

I can't get mad at rich people for following the tax laws that allow them to pay less taxes than I believe they should.  They are following the rules laid out for them.  I can get mad at the rules, but not the people.

I see the players in the NIL era the same way.  They are following the rules.  I grew up more blessed than most of these kids.  For me to expect them to not go after the money that everyone says that they are worth is foolish.  I don't know their circumstances.

I am really angry about what NIL and the portal and (what seems like) twenty five years of eligibility for everyone is doing to the sport.  But the players are abiding by the rules that they are given.  If you want to get mad, get mad at the NCAA.  Not the players. 

Oh, and also get mad at the dunderheads who championed this crap with their "But schools are making millions off of them.  It's not fair!"  How's that working out for the sport?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I can't get mad at rich people for following the tax laws that allow them to pay less taxes than I believe they should.  They are following the rules laid out for them.  I can get mad at the rules, but not the people.

I see the players in the NIL era the same way.  They are following the rules.  I grew up more blessed than most of these kids.  For me to expect them to not go after the money that everyone says that they are worth is foolish.  I don't know their circumstances.

I am really angry about what NIL and the portal and (what seems like) twenty five years of eligibility for everyone is doing to the sport.  But the players are abiding by the rules that they are given.  If you want to get mad, get mad at the NCAA.  Not the players. 

Oh, and also get mad at the dunderheads who championed this crap with their "But schools are making millions off of them.  It's not fair!"  How's that working out for the sport?

This is well said and I agree. Some are directing their anger towards the wrong things. As USF fans we will have to embrace the change and figure out how to become Great with what we have to work with. The IPF, OCS, 12 team playoff, location, and USF are great selling points to recruits. Fan support needs to keep growing and then USF will have a great football program: 

3 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

I agree. They are college kids for crying out loud. Most will never make it pro in sports so why would we have fans treating them like they are pro athletes? USF fans need to not make the fan base seem terrible. Recruits may see this and say thanks but no thanks. It is a good point to kill people with kindness as that goes a long way. Go Bulls!!

Geez, now it's the fans fault we can't get recruits too.  If only our fans were better we would be playing in the playoffs this Saturday 🙄

• Topic Count:  374
  • Content Count:  4,319
  • Days Won:  56

SMU’s QB is signing with Wisconsin as a free agent . . . uh, I mean from the transfer portal.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

SMU’s QB is signing with Wisconsin as a free agent . . . uh, I mean from the transfer portal.

So it isn't about winning?

18 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Geez, now it's the fans fault we can't get recruits too.  If only our fans were better we would be playing in the playoffs this Saturday 🙄

It is not the fans that show up. It is the so called fans that never show up….

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,801
  • Days Won:  28

15 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Maybe he wants an opportunity 2 play and win at a P5 school with a huge tradition rather than a watered down AAC?