USF players and the Transfer Portal

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,801
  • Days Won:  28

9 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Once again you completely missed the point, said nothing negative about him, just stated facts. He has every right to leave, that is his decision.  I just fail to applaud these kids decision and root for them at their new homes and start a thread in the future saying look at X, he caught a TD for Georgia Tech or some other team.  You can continue to give them a reach around every chance you get, I will pass and simply remember him as a pretty good receiver on an awful team that had a bad case of the drops and quit on his team in mid season and I really don’t care where he ends up.  You do you and continue to root for the kids that quit mid year and transfer off to greener pastures, treating these kids like babies is part of the reason they struggle to enter adulthood after college.

I appreciate a player for the time their contributions and keep it moving. I don't have time to be all bitter and angry when a player leaves. I definitely don't have time to crap on a player's on field achievements b/c he left the team either. Many fans  done quit on this team and always have something negative to say about USF. Yet you get mad when a player wants to move on? Too many of you guys need to get out of your feelings period. When a player leaves us, I get excited b/c a better player may or will come along. The portal taketh and the portal giveth. This is entertainment to me...nothing else. If I want to be a poo-butt, miserable and complain all day then I won't even bother coming to this blog. I have plenty of  **** happening in real life to be "feeling some type of way" about and even then I don't bother complaining. It takes way too much energy to be so **** negative. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,745
  • Days Won:  30

18 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Once again you completely missed the point, said nothing negative about him, just stated facts. He has every right to leave, that is his decision.  I just fail to applaud these kids decision and root for them at their new homes and start a thread in the future saying look at X, he caught a TD for Georgia Tech or some other team.  You can continue to give them a reach around every chance you get, I will pass and simply remember him as a pretty good receiver on an awful team that had a bad case of the drops and quit on his team in mid season and I really don’t care where he ends up.  You do you and continue to root for the kids that quit mid year and transfer off to greener pastures, treating these kids like babies is part of the reason they struggle to enter adulthood after college.

They made their decision to pack it in last season and made their decision to transfer.  He deserves the right to move on and transfer but I still don't know why he quit onn his team when times got tough ? That is not a trait that a lot of coaches look for.  Also apparently Grier is back to ucf lol. The transfer portal gives and it taketh. I want to win and I don't care who the players are,  I want to see them give their all every play every Game, and develop a killer instinct and winning mentality on the field.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I appreciate a player for the time their contributions and keep it moving. I don't have time to be all bitter and angry when a player leaves. I definitely don't have time to crap on a player's on field achievements b/c he left the team either. Many fans  done quit on this team and always have something negative to say about USF. Yet you get mad when a player wants to move on? Too many of you guys need to get out of your feelings period. When a player leaves us, I get excited b/c a better player may or will come along. The portal taketh and the portal giveth. This is entertainment to me...nothing else. If I want to be a poo-butt, miserable and complain all day then I won't even bother coming to this blog. I have plenty of  **** happening in real life to be "feeling some type of way" about and even then I don't bother complaining. It takes way too much energy to be so **** negative. 

Yet you just wrote another paragraph criticizing other fans for their feelings or thoughts ..... go figure

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

If we were trying to make a bowl game and these players quit on us,

He didn’t quit on us, he quit on his teammates who had gone through the same Bataan death march he had but didn’t bail. That’s a significant character flaw to me. You apparently don’t think so ….

• Upvote 4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,745
  • Days Won:  30

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

He didn’t quit on us, he quit on his teammates who had gone through the same Bataan death march he had but didn’t bail. That’s a significant character flaw to me. You apparently don’t think so ….

This is another thing we agree on.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

59 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Well, except for Trip maybe.  😁

I think “ok” wouldn’t be too far off in describing how I turned out ….. not sure far off which way  

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

They made their decision to pack it in last season and made their decision to transfer.  He deserves the right to move on and transfer but I still don't know why he quit onn his team when times got tough ? That is not a trait that a lot of coaches look for.  Also apparently Grier is back to ucf lol. The transfer portal gives and it taketh. I want to win and I don't care who the players are,  I want to see them give their all every play every Game, and develop a killer instinct and winning mentality on the field.

B/c in football you can get injured. Once you are injured, nobody gives a f**k about you. 

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Quit on his teammates? I'm sure Sean Atkin is grateful for the opportunity that was given to him when Weaver wasn't on the field. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Yet you just wrote another paragraph criticizing other fans for their feelings or thoughts ..... go figure

I'm merely encouraging more POSITIVE feelings and thoughts. I could give a f**k about negative feelings.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,236
  • Days Won:  68

17 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

You are the biggest straw man ever, there is no anger, he can move on, his choice.  Not sure if you are delusional or simply like to make stuff up and blow smoke to try to come off as superior.  Either way your schtick is over played IMO however the board is interesting when we have all types, so you do you bro.