USF players and the Transfer Portal

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,802
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

You were right about BB however you do actually jump on everyone’s bandwagon so with that approach you are bound to hit on a couple gems, not sure if this makes you Mel Kiper.  He had one hand but both arms and he lacks the speed and athleticism that Griffin had.  Not bitter, was a good guy, now he is gone, some of us move on while others keep stroking their junk, you do you bro.

I have not been on any individual player's bandwagon since my Brett Kean days. The players only I have been giving props to are the names below and they all contributed - 

• Byrum Brown - Was everything I said he would be. Hello i think you questions my views on him. 
  • Sean Atkins - When he finally given a few starts he played pretty well. 
  • Eddie Kelly - Showed a lot of speed and skills. 
  • Jonathon Ross (2nd of the team in sacks)
  • Jason Albritton - Safe to say he is the next Mike Alstott and he doesn't even have a scholly
  • DeMontrey Jacobs - Has probably been one of the staples of our offensive line and scored the highest PFF grades in most games. 

As for Grier, he has been our team's leading tackler and top 3 in most categories. Do you know what he runs in the 40yd? 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,237
  • Days Won:  68

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I have not been on any individual player's bandwagon since my Brett Kean days. The players only I have been giving props to are the names below and they all contributed - 

• Byrum Brown - Was everything I said he would be. Hello i think you questions my views on him. 
  • Sean Atkins - When he finally given a few starts he played pretty well. 
  • Eddie Kelly - Showed a lot of speed and skills. 
  • Jonathon Ross (2nd of the team in sacks)
  • Jason Albritton - Safe to say he is the next Mike Alstott and he doesn't even have a scholly
  • DeMontrey Jacobs - Has probably been one of the staples of our offensive line and scored the highest PFF grades in most games. 

As for Grier, he has been our team's leading tackler and top 3 in most categories. Do you know what he runs in the 40yd? 

No idea what Grier or his mom says he  runs the 40 in, can tell with my little eye he lacks the quickness, strength, size and speed to play in the league.  He is a man with no position, a tweener.  You were stumping that 4 of our offensive lineman were going in the draft this year?  Is that still happening?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

No idea what Grier or his mom says he  runs the 40 in, can tell with my little eye he lacks the quickness, strength, size and speed to play in the league.  He is a man with no position, a tweener.  You were stumping that 4 of our offensive lineman were going in the draft this year?  Is that still happening?

You said Grier is slow. You are basing it off of your eye test, not actual numbers. I said "possibly". Jennings was injured so nothing we can do about that. B4 his injury he was suppose to be the highest possible draft pick. Demontrey Jacobs, Brad Cecil and Harris still have a chance to be drafted or make a team as a rookie free agent. If Demontrey Jacobs can run a 40yd faster than 5 sec, i feel he gets drafted. We can revisit all of what I am saying  after the draft. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,237
  • Days Won:  68

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

You said Grier is slow. You are basing it off of your eye test, not actual numbers. I said "possibly". Jennings was injured so nothing we can do about that. B4 his injury he was suppose to be the highest possible draft pick. Demontrey Jacobs, Brad Cecil and Harris still have a chance to be drafted or make a team as a rookie free agent. If Demontrey Jacobs can run a 40yd faster than 5 sec, i feel he gets drafted. We can revisit all of what I am saying  after the draft. 

Quickness and speed are different, quickness harder to measure except by watching them react and get to the ball.  Very rare you are running a 40 yard dash in a game. Just saying you will be 1-4 maybe or 0-4 probably in your assessment of our O-line talent getting drafted.  You wear rose colored glasses and when you throw enough **** at the wall then eventually you will find some that stick.  Either way, Grier is in the wind, I will move on, appears you have a couple strokes left in you for the guy.

11 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Quickness and speed are different, quickness harder to measure except by watching them react and get to the ball.  Very rare you are running a 40 yard dash in a game. Just saying you will be 1-4 maybe or 0-4 probably in your assessment of our O-line talent getting drafted.  You wear rose colored glasses and when you throw enough **** at the wall then eventually you will find some that stick.  Either way, Grier is in the wind, I will move on, appears you have a couple strokes left in you for the guy.

I'm addressing  the bitterness. I move one immediately from players that transfer.  ubt to **** on Grier when he had these numbers in 2021 is absurd. As for the o-line, we had a good year stat wise and if they have a good workout, then why not?

2021 Antonio Grier
92 total tackles (40 solo)
8 TFLs
3 sacks 
2 interceptions 
2 forced fumbles 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

Why are we still talking about Grier?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,328
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Why are we still talking about Grier?

Because if he's a thief and stole money from USF fans. Everyone should know it. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  496
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Your mom said he was fast enough so I'm convinced.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  53

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I have not been on any individual player's bandwagon since my Brett Kean days.

#KEANgang renaissance!!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,345
  • Days Won:  490

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

It must really flatter Big Game Boomer to have his creation entered as evidence in a CFB etiquette case.