Jim Leavitt

Orlando Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  53

10 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

This would be extremely similar to the Buccaneers pulling Bruce Arians out of retirement and building a staff, with the goal to retire and hand off to a new HC on staff and keep staff together.

Hiring CJL would also do wonders to establish the OCS.

Sounds like a great idea!

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

sure why not

I give tons of credit to Taggart by not letting coaching ego get the best of him. What I mean by that is we saw Taggart grow as a head coach by stepping back and realizing his Stanford offense was not going to work at USF after his second season. He reached out to resources such as his HS coach and found a way to develop the Gulf Coast Offense at USF. Also key hires with the coaching staff  bringing in Tom Allen to develop the Bull Shark defense. This to me was one of the best coaching adjustments that we have seen at USF in any sport to be honest. I give Taggart that respect: 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,605
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, USFreak said:

The problem is USF never gets an OCS if they keep running in place.  There is about as much excitement for this program as an upcoming colonoscopy.  Nobody attends the games and I don't think anybody with lined pockets wants to cough up any real money for this boat anchor of a program.

I am pretty sure they at least drug you up for colonoscopies, so that is nice

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  53

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I am pretty sure they at least drug you up for colonoscopies, so that is nice

We charge something like 13 dollars for a hot dog so I imagine those drugs would be pricy.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,798
  • Content Count:  38,264
  • Days Won:  29

Hire Bob Stoops as HC and Jim Leavitt as DC :) 

• Go Bulls! 1

2 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I give tons of credit to Taggart by not letting coaching ego get the best of him. What I mean by that is we saw Taggart grow as a head coach by stepping back and realizing his Stanford offense was not going to work at USF after his second season. He reached out to resources such as his HS coach and found a way to develop the Gulf Coast Offense at USF. Also key hires with the coaching staff  bringing in Tom Allen to develop the Bull Shark defense. This to me was one of the best coaching adjustments that we have seen at USF in any sport to be honest. I give Taggart that respect: 

This is by far my favorite thing about CWT, one of the the most remarkable things that I've ever seen in coaching which is shockingly sad because it makes so much sense, is free and seems so easy but its one of the rarest times where i ever seem it happen. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,014
  • Days Won:  1

42 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

it's ok to think Leavitt was the best in our history while also thinking Taggart was good for us as well. It's not mutually exclusive.

I do think most of us believe that. To me, there are 2 big differences between CJL and CWT. 1) CJL built this program from nothing. CWT had more resources and talent to work with. 2) CJL had consistent success with multiple QBs and in a BCS conference, where CWT had QF in a G5 conference and that’s it. Much like Rich Rod, sometimes a coach is made by the star QB and not the other way around. I give CWT tons of created for adapting an offensive gameplan to the talent he had, but he still had a horrible defense and limited number of years (which I don’t hold against him). I love CJL and I actually really like CWT and was bummed when he left, but I understood why and couldn’t argue. I agree that they both did good things for USF and I also don’t think they can be compared to because they did such different things. 

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

We charge something like 13 dollars for a hot dog so I imagine those drugs would be pricy.

At least we can rest easy knowing that we get zero dollars of that and we can help finance some communist kickball team in the 💩 part of 💩 part of the UK

5 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Hire Bob Stoops as HC and Jim Leavitt as DC :) 

If CJL took a coordinator job here I would lose any and all respect for him. Sorry I have to go for a bit this is one of my favorite parts of the first Sex in the City movie.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

30 minutes ago, michibull said:

I do think most of us believe that. To me, there are 2 big differences between CJL and CWT. 1) CJL built this program from nothing. CWT had more resources and talent to work with. 2) CJL had consistent success with multiple QBs and in a BCS conference, where CWT had QF in a G5 conference and that’s it. Much like Rich Rod, sometimes a coach is made by the star QB and not the other way around. I give CWT tons of created for adapting an offensive gameplan to the talent he had, but he still had a horrible defense and limited number of years (which I don’t hold against him). I love CJL and I actually really like CWT and was bummed when he left, but I understood why and couldn’t argue. I agree that they both did good things for USF and I also don’t think they can be compared to because they did such different things. 

that I agree with. Leavitt built from scratch, had the biggest wins in programs history and competed at our highest level. Defense was awesome. Those were some fun days. That big east was exciting.

Taggart brought us back from the abyss. Did a complete 180 and built an incredible offense. Made watching USF football fun again. Loved that we could  score from anywhere on the field at anytime. We had a ridiculous # of drives that were less than 1 minute.

Hopefully the next guy can make football games fun again. these last two coaches have sucked the life out of me

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1