Jim Leavitt

Orlando Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, puc86 said:

For sure but that he did it exactly one time at exactly one place for exactly one year is why it is laughable to extrapolate it into something amazing while diminishing a comparable that is better in every single measurable. 

again you are constantly comparing the two. I've never said Taggart was better for USF than Leavitt. They both did a good job here. Sorry that you can't see that.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  53

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Anyone mad at him for taking paydays is too big of an idealist but that doesnt change the fact that he only one time caught lighting in a bottle for a single season and you cannot somehow extrapolate that to an entire career when the rest of his rather extensive record laughs in the face of that.

Yes - There's no hard feelings if you should "always take the money" according to everyone.  He did what he did and left.  No bowl wins or championships to speak of.  Unrealized potential.  And we whiffed on the next hire.  It is what it is.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,592
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Brad said:

Now you're messing with the wrong people's fantasy!!  :roflmao:

I am bored I have an endless supply of drinks, I do not believe in sleeping and my car and wife by their powers combined should be capable of getting me home marginally safely. If people would like to romanticize an okay one night stand while 💩 ing on a perfectly good starter wife that most people chase through the following wives just to hopefully get close to back to I am more than happy to kill the time discussing with them as long as I can have Sex and the City playing in the background. CWT didn't give us herpes, that was nice of him but I am not going to write odes about it.  

• Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

One of the best things about Leavitt was he didn’t want any part of the coaching carousel. So if he did great we were going to have him forever.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, slick1ru2 said:

One of the best things about Leavitt was he didn’t want any part of the coaching carousel. So if he did great we were going to have him forever.

Will miss the dude.  Hopefully we don't lose the last opportunity to bring him on in some capacity.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,592
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

again you are constantly comparing the two. I've never said Taggart was better for USF than Leavitt. They both did a good job here. Sorry that you can't see that.

The name of the thread you are commenting in is called "Jim Leavitt", then someone felt the need to say but ya he never won a conference championship and lost to a pretty great Oregon team in a bowl game what about the one guy that had one good season in his life, has never won a bowl game and quite obviously never won a conference championship while beating absolutely no one of consequence, he was better right? I hope that helps, if not I can explain it further to you. 

Just now, puc86 said:

The name of the thread you are commenting in is called "Jim Leavitt", then someone felt the need to say but ya he never won a conference championship and lost to a pretty great Oregon team in a bowl game what about the one guy that had one good season in his life, has never won a bowl game and quite obviously never won a conference championship while beating absolutely no one of consequence, he was better right? I hope that helps, if not I can explain it further to you. 

I feel like this sums up the situation perfectly.

• Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

Will miss the dude.  Hopefully we don't lose the last opportunity to bring him on in some capacity.  

I don’t see it happening. He interfered with investigation whether he was guilty or not wasn’t the cause for being fired.

Just now, slick1ru2 said:

I don’t see it happening. He interfered with investigation whether he was guilty or not wasn’t the cause for being fired.

So that whole situation was settled and now it is now.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We do appreciate it but that doesn't make it any more laughable to dismiss someone's bowl record for having won infinitely more bowl games than Taggart, to diminish the lack of conference championships when the other has never won one while always playing in a diminished conference here, that we should ignore that most years here were a failure sans one year based on one recruiting class (not as good as CJL's best that he never got to use) and that after 148 games CWT would have to win 39 straight in order to match records. It is an insane argument to even attempt to begin to compare them and only speaks to how far we fell after we dismissed CJL. 

That is the most intellectually dishonest part of this whole anti-Willie ******** and it's what makes the Team Leavitt gang sound like ******* fools when they use it ....

• Upvote 1