Replacements for Jeff Scott

mj796

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,826
  • Days Won:  0

JOhn Gruden hated rookie players. What do you think he is going to be like with college kids? Hard pass

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,349
  • Days Won:  490

Animation Motion GIF by adambelis

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,749
  • Days Won:  30

Whoever the next coach is we better see improvement in year one!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Whoever the next coach is we better see improvement in year one!

this isn't a complete rebuild. there is enough talent to win here right away. Scott almost pulled off some big upsets this year with these players.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,014
  • Days Won:  1

If we say that CJL is not in the running, I would like someone like him. Need an aggressive, defensive minded dude that has high energy from Florida. With the athletes in Fla, we should have a solid defense every year. Then we can be in every game and with a half way competent OC, we could have a decent team. I just feel that the “young, up and coming” offensive minded coaches are so hard to get right and often rely on a star QB. 

Just now, Bull94 said:

this isn't a complete rebuild. there is enough talent to win here right away. Scott almost pulled off some big upsets this year with these players.

I almost won the powerball but I didn't... I agree we know the issue and finally addressed it. Now it is time to get that stench of losing off the team and find a coach that can mold these young men into winners instead of telling us how it was done at place x  and actually do it.

1 minute ago, michibull said:

If we say that CJL is not in the running, I would like someone like him. Need an aggressive, defensive minded dude that has high energy from Florida. With the athletes in Fla, we should have a solid defense every year. Then we can be in every game and with a half way competent OC, we could have a decent team. I just feel that the “young, up and coming” offensive minded coaches are so hard to get right and often rely on a star QB. 

Most good offenses rely on a star qb. We haven't had one since Flowers. I agree defensive minded coaches tend to do better .

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

I love the pipedreams I am seeing on here. Gruden, Prime, Leavitt.....I say bring them all on board! Deion as the HC, Gruden as the OC, and Leavitt as the DC. 

Seriously though, the odds of USF getting someone that is an established name and moves the needle is probably pretty low. We are most likely looking at someone like Simmons or Candle, and I would be fine with either of them. If we want someone that has ties to USF then Scott or Blackwell would make sense. 

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  53

27 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

JOhn Gruden hated rookie players. What do you think he is going to be like with college kids? Hard pass

Nah he just needs to see if Rich Gannon has any availability.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

10 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I love the pipedreams I am seeing on here. Gruden, Prime, Leavitt.....I say bring them all on board! Deion as the HC, Gruden as the OC, and Leavitt as the DC. 

Seriously though, the odds of USF getting someone that is an established name and moves the needle is probably pretty low. We are most likely looking at someone like Simmons or Candle, and I would be fine with either of them. If we want someone that has ties to USF then Scott or Blackwell would make sense. 

Larry Scott is 3-15 at Howard. Why do people think that if someone played here then that automatically means they will be a successful coach here?

• Upvote 3