Replacements for Jeff Scott

mj796

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

I think that will happen over just about anyone we hire

If too many have to ask "who??" after the hire, that's not pushing a needle to me ..... although could end up being a good hire and gets those wins.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  3,185
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Can you imagine Gruden trying to recruit high school kids? 😂  We would be living off the transfer portal.  He has no patience to develop talent.  He just wants established experienced players that can run spider Y 2 banana.   Please USF don’t do this.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

2 hours ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I'm surprised we have 2 boosters with that much clout.  You'd think they would have been sinking that money into the NIL to buy some premium players.  But who knows, maybe if they get their coaching hire, they'll add money for players too.  

Beware the bait dropped attributed to "sources".

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  496
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Bull Gooner said:

I'm not sure he can ever come back from his past transgressions.

DUI: no problem.

Hitting on a college girl at a restaurant after your team loses and you stayed in town while the team flew home: piece of cake, you'll be on Fox within months.

But I'm not sure a coach can come back from repeatedly dropping racial slurs. Seems to tall of a hill to climb.

Racial slurs?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,153
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, mj796 said:

Racial slurs?

Working for Kyrie Irving.

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,802
  • Days Won:  28

My 2 favorites and I shall keep pushing these names

Willie Simmons, Florida A&M head coach

Other than Jackson State's Deion Sanders, Simmons is the HBCU coach generating the most buzz for FBS jobs after nearly landing the Florida International gig in December. Simmons is 45-21 as an FCS coach with top-25 finishes in the past two seasons that the Rattlers competed. The former Clemson quarterback has FBS coordinator experience at Middle Tennessee.

"I'm a huge Willie Simmons fan," a Power 5 coach said. "He's got a tremendous upside."

Added a Power 5 athletic director: "I can definitely see him as a Group of 5 head coach as a next step."

2673.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Tremaine Jackson, Valdosta State head coach

More Group of 5 athletic directors are looking to the lower divisions for candidates, and Jackson could soon be on their radar. He went 10-3 as Colorado Mesa's coach after successful assistant stops at Abilene Christian, where he served as defensive coordinator, University of Sioux Falls and Texas Southern. Jackson has ample experience in Texas but has worked in other regions.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, mj796 said:

Racial slurs?

You missed this?

211009-jon-gruden-mn-1004.jpg

A spokesperson for the league said the email was "appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/08/24/jon-gruden-emails-while-raiders-coach-nfl-roger-goodell-lawyers-say-lawsuit

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

"I'm a huge Willie Simmons fan," a Power 5 coach said. "He's got a tremendous upside."

Added a Power 5 athletic director: "I can definitely see him as a Group of 5 head coach as a next step."

Why are thses people anonymous on these quotes?  Maybe planning their own move ot don't believe what they say...Irritating.

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

"I'm a huge __________  fan," a Power 5 coach said. "He's got a tremendous upside."

Didn't we hear this just a few years ago?

• Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Why are thses people anonymous on these quotes?  Maybe planning their own move ot don't believe what they say...Irritating.

It's from this story:

To shine a light on those who could follow Freeman on a faster track, I spoke with coaches, athletic directors, search firm executives and agents to compile a list of 45 minority coaches under the age of 45 who project as future FBS head coaches. Although several coaches listed could land jobs soon, even in the upcoming cycle, I've tried to identify those who can be realistic candidates in the next 5 to 7 years.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0711%2Ffc_cfbcoa

As college football tries to increase head coaching diversity, we spoke to coaches, athletic directors, search firm executives and agents to identify 45 minority coaches...