Next year's schedule

T-Man

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Content Count:  3,416
  • Days Won:  1

If UM does not come next year we have a 10 game schedule and will need two games.  I wonder how we are doing on that front?  I think we will probably wind up with FAMU @ home but the last game is?   Just a thought I hope Woolard is working on this... The longer we wait the longer other teams fill there needs and we don't!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• E.T.

• Apis Bull

• Joe

• BigEastBeasts

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

UM is not coming next year.  It's already been said that we are looking for a 1AA team at home and a 1A team on the road.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566
  • Days Won:  0

Remember we do have FIU at home...4 conference games at home Rut. Cuse, UConn, and PITT...if we add FAMU that will be 6...are we going to play 12 games for sure??

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  148

I'm sure next year will be resolved soon, I guess I'm just not ready to give up on this one.  If we do manage to get to either the Mieneke or Motor City bowl, I think we will have no problem filling that last spot.  I really don't understand some of the offensive play calling.  Saturday's loss was a combination of dropped passes and predicatable series with the once of hope by a couple of big plays.  The past 2 weeks, for the most part, the running game has been bottled up, so what is out answer, run every 1st down and 99% or 2nd downs?  I'm really starting to hate trick plays, I know one worked against Louisville and I still don't know how the double reverse worked against Cincy, but, plays in that area of the field coupled with a limited amount of time and downs need to go forward only.  A slant pattern, hell a draw, I like the fact that we went for it, but, these plays when the defense isn't spread out are just disasters.  What I think sucks the most is, we are no longer a shoe-in for any bowl and now have to pull the upset (which I'm confident we can do) or get help from Louisville.  Since UL, has already accepted the Gator Bowl bid, are they going to be starting their 1st team?  Could they be looking ahead to Miami potentially?  While Uconn comes off a win and needs to beat UL to become eligable?  The only thing we can do is beat WV.  

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

Our schedule will come out soon. I heard we are close to landing an attractive 1A team for a home game next year.

Also our schedule will be pretty much set in the future to take us through 2013.

We are also working on getting UF to have one of those road games at Ray Jay.

Guest Sprtsfn627

Good news about UF BloomTown!

As for FAMU, they released their schedule and we are not on it.  However, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in future years.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

Good news about UF BloomTown!

As for FAMU, they released their schedule and we are not on it.  However, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in future years.

USF got lucky that FAMU counted as D 1 school or we would still be a game short. FAMU did the D1aa to D1 back to D1aa. I do not think they will continue to count towards bowl eligibilty after this year.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

USF got lucky that FAMU counted as D 1 school or we would still be a game short. FAMU did the D1aa to D1 back to D1aa. I do not think they will continue to count towards bowl eligibilty after this year.

FAMU would still count if they were 1-AA, the NCAA changed the rules this year that one victory over a 1-AA would count towards bowl eligibility.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,796
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

Great to know Bloom ... hope to hear VERY soon ... we need the gooder news.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  2,697
  • Content Count:  6,929

Our schedule will come out soon. I heard we are close to landing an attractive 1A team for a home game next year.

Also our schedule will be pretty much set in the future to take us through 2013.

We are also working on getting UF to have one of those road games at Ray Jay.

All the USF love that I can come up with but, PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE.....

UFlorida will NOT give up a home game @ the swamp for a "road/Home" game at Ray-Jay. There home gate from tickets only is well over $2,000,000.......

also if Woolard has our schedule tentatively set through 2013.... He is definately the man.....