Fire Coach Scott

Cpa_bull1990

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,328
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

For me it’s just another arrow in the quiver to take him out of here. The man needs to pivot. The players are still playing for him, but he’s not enough for this team. Even Charlie Strong pivoted in his last season. He was hands off, but when his ass was on the chopping block got more vocal on the sidelines. CJS needs to go. Screw Clemson philosophy.

Edit - I understand where you are coming from.

I agree with all of this. As shown by the Dabo coaching tree, the Clemson philosophy only works in Clemson. Bring back Jim and Willie! 

• Topic Count:  374
  • Content Count:  4,319
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, Bull Nut said:

I agree with all of this. As shown by the Dabo coaching tree, the Clemson philosophy only works in Clemson. Bring back Jim and Willie! 

There is a nugget of truth in what you said. You can’t come from a wildly successful program that’s the flagship university in the state with big-time resources to USF and expect to just replicate that formula. That’s not going to work. See: Orlando Antigua, which I always thought was a ridiculous hire. The only selling point he brought was that he “recruited” many of those great players to Kentucky. Give us a break. A trained monkey could put that on his resume. The guys that read the room and adapt to their circumstances have a chance at success. And - believe it or not - there is a formula you can win with at USF. It’s there in the history book. Recruit guys with chips on their shoulders who want to prove something. I don’t care if they go to church on Sunday or not - especially on the defensive side. Bring in guys with speed, speed and more speed. Don’t EVER put a QB on the field who can’t make a big play outside of the pocket, because we’ll never have an offensive line that good or a playbook inventive enough that 19-20 year olds can consistently execute it play after play. I could go on . . . 

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  490

Leavitt had pissed off players and we're worrying about allegedly pissed off mommies and daddies?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,662
  • Days Won:  255

30 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

There is a nugget of truth in what you said. You can’t come from a wildly successful program that’s the flagship university in the state with big-time resources to USF and expect to just replicate that formula. That’s not going to work. See: Orlando Antigua, which I always thought was a ridiculous hire. The only selling point he brought was that he “recruited” many of those great players to Kentucky. Give us a break. A trained monkey could put that on his resume. The guys that read the room and adapt to their circumstances have a chance at success. And - believe it or not - there is a formula you can win with at USF. It’s there in the history book. Recruit guys with chips on their shoulders who want to prove something. I don’t care if they go to church on Sunday or not - especially on the defensive side. Bring in guys with speed, speed and more speed. Don’t EVER put a QB on the field who can’t make a big play outside of the pocket, because we’ll never have an offensive line that good or a playbook inventive enough that 19-20 year olds can consistently execute it play after play. I could go on . . . 

This is the way ☝️

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774

27 minutes ago, Brad said:

Leavitt had pissed off players and we're worrying about allegedly pissed off mommies and daddies?

We aren’t in the Leavitt era. This is the coach Jeff Scott creating little Clemson era. The cat needs to grow a pair and get uncomfortable and dirty. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  490

8 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

We aren’t in the Leavitt era.

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

My post should not have been interpreted as believing we were in the Leavitt era, Pretty sure we left that more than a decade ago.  it was that mommies and daddies are always concerned.  Remember Matt Grothe's daddy and brother?  On here all the time to support not the Bulls, but their family member.  Even getting a little riled up when Leavitt thought it might be good to mix in some young BJ Daniels for experience.  Got the WHOLE family chirping.

I think Faza putting out stuff that some are taking as a parent revolution is faulty.  Parents are always around.  They always have an opinion that usually revolves around their son.  Scott apparently doesn't have a lot of pissed off players, or if he does, he has put them incommunicado.  To simplify it, I wouldn't point to angry parents as an indicator....there are plenty of other indicators that are more reliable.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

I’m sorry man. This coach and maybe the fan base have made too many comments hoping and praying, but not actually putting the pen to the paper. Keep Jeff as the pre season hype machine, but let’s get someone who can coach players and even develop coaches! I have a feeling he can’t do either. If the university isn’t going to pivot off of this guy, then a new strategy needs to be forged around what talents he does have. 

That said, we aren’t Clemson. He needs to be challenged by Kelly to move his ass. Look at the American conference. The teams around us are improving, while we have been left in the dust. I’ve seen more USF talk on ESPN, but for all the wrong reasons. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,460
  • Days Won:  3

At the end of the day it is very simple. 
Does having Scott as a HC give the fans/players any sense of confidence that we will win any games after 2.5 years? At this point, no. Absolutely not. 

Are there winning HEAD coaches at the lower levels such as Tyson Helton or Jeff Traylor that would most likely perform better and deserve a shot? Yes. 

The answer seems very simple. Except other schools like Nebraska and ASU have already gotten a head start on their HC search while we stay praying that one day we will turn a corner with this perennial loser of a coach and recruiter. 

Edited by zarnozdabull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,812
  • Days Won:  30

3 hours ago, Bull Nut said:

The new coach in Oklahoma tried to change the sooner into a defensive team and they started out bad. Then he went back to an offensive team quick. They look better. If he could pivot on the fly, maybe cjs could try it out.  I mean he has nothing to lose at this point ... he is already losing at an embarrassing and pathetic level.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,460
  • Days Won:  3

Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 3.34.38 PM.png

• Downvote 1