Opinion: USF Football 2022 Season Preview

Brad

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,745
  • Days Won:  30

43 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I find it hilarious how much of a "realist" you guys tout yourself to be.  I believe this team will do well this year based on the NEW players we have. You guys are stuck on a bad team from last year in which many of the players, the OC and the DC from that point aren't even here anymore. So you think we will suck based off of the old team. The past has already happened and can't be changed. Why are you so stuck on it. My predictions are based off of our CURRENT team. How am I'm the unrealistic one? You both should try to learn to live in the present. It will do wonders for you. 

I'd rather you be right than me in this case .  Just  highly unlikely we go undefeated or win 8 games.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,801
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I’ve said 6 wins is a strong possibility but some of you “current” team people are completely off your rocker…8 wins being possible …9 wins, etc. I would rather be surprised than disappointed and that is what some of you will most likely be. Vegas is wrong about 10% of the time. I hope we fall in that percentage. 

That's your problem. You  predictions is based off of the fear of being disappointed. You rather be pleasantly surprised.  I get  it.....but don't act like it is more realistic than mine. That's false arrogance.  If we lose, then life goes one. I don't dwell on a past I can't change.  Most of you guys need to learn how to handle rooting for a losing team w/o being such a poo-butt. This experience should be fun regardless. CFB is nothing but entertainment. Once again, I KNOW you haven't researched any players, watched any film or done any type of research into the new players and coaches we have. I've watched the film and read up on at least 95% of our current players. There are PLENTY of teams that went from 2 wins to 12 wins in a year such as Baylor.....and hell we have the QB that lead them to such a big turnaround. So w/o using our past, why is it that you feel we can't win 9 games? We have a crapload of new players, a new O.C, new DC and a new Power 5 QB transfer. I'm still waiting on a legit reason or reasons why it's so absurd to think we can win more than 8 games? If you feel we can't do it, then so be it. But save your "realistic" claim b/c YOUR perspective is not greater than  mine. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,745
  • Days Won:  30

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

That's your problem. You  predictions is based off of the fear of being disappointed. You rather be pleasantly surprised.  I get  it.....but don't act like it is more realistic than mine. That's false arrogance.  If we lose, then life goes one. I don't dwell on a past I can't change.  Most of you guys need to learn how to handle rooting for a losing team w/o being such a poo-butt. This experience should be fun regardless. CFB is nothing but entertainment. Once again, I KNOW you haven't researched any players, watched any film or done any type of research into the new players and coaches we have. I've watched the film and read up on at least 95% of our current players. There are PLENTY of teams that went from 2 wins to 12 wins in a year such as Baylor.....and hell we have the QB that lead them to such a big turnaround. So w/o using our past, why is it that you feel we can't win 9 games? We have a crapload of new players, a new O.C, new DC and a new Power 5 QB transfer. I'm still waiting on a legit reason or reasons why it's so absurd to think we can win more than 8 games? If you feel we can't do it, then so be it. But save your "realistic" claim b/c YOUR perspective is not greater than  mine. 

JEFF SCOTT is the reason . With Jeff Scott coaching I'd be shocked if we win 5 games. I watched quite a bit on Gerry B.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,946
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I find it hilarious how much of a "realist" you guys tout yourself to be.  I believe this team will do well this year based on the NEW players we have. You guys are stuck on a bad team from last year in which many of the players, the OC and the DC from that point aren't even here anymore. So you think we will suck based off of the old team. The past has already happened and can't be changed. Why are you so stuck on it. My predictions are based off of our CURRENT team. How am I'm the unrealistic one? You both should try to learn to live in the present. It will do wonders for you. 

Reality is we're bad until we're not and nobody really knows if that changes this year but there are different ways to handle it. I may not totally buy in to your approach but it's certainly preferred to the other end of the spectrum, the seemingly constant droning on about the previous 2 years and the supposed consequences of that continuing ...... these guys' approach:

1743109008_GrailMonks.gif.9475cb6f2cd2499fd41a1c0a8f3eff30.gif

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,798
  • Content Count:  38,265
  • Days Won:  29

I am a FAN of USF Football.

I only Cheer and Donate . . . Bottom Line: that HELPS!

Go BULLS !!!

South Florida Dancing GIF by USF Athletics

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671
  • Days Won:  19

How many wins to get us to the center of the football world?  Let's find out.

One, two, three.  Three!

Sweetest Day Vintage GIF by Clio Awards

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,801
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

JEFF SCOTT is the reason . With Jeff Scott coaching I'd be shocked if we win 5 games. I watched quite a bit on Gerry B.

I can respect that answer. If you lack faith in the coach then cool. I can't argue that. But to just write it off as we sucked last year so we are going to suck this year is not valid in my eyes. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, E.T. said:

I am a FAN of USF Football.

I only Cheer and Donate . . . Bottom Line: that HELPS!

Go BULLS !!!

South Florida Dancing GIF by USF Athletics

Animation Halloween GIF by The Veils

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Please….Decisions are made on trends and trends are based on past data so what I’m telling you is not false arrogance. To jump from 2 wins to 5 is unlikely but going from 2 to 8 or something crazy is just drinking the cool aid and is nothing more than propaganda. My perspective at least has some quantitative reason, yours is based on hope. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  53

19 hours ago, USFRaider said:

After Wisconsin blew the doors off USF in 2019 after Cali talked up all summer how USF was going to win that game easily, he was never heard from again.

That was one of the worst experiences I have ever had at a game LOL...  The rain didn't help either.  Then I think the Navy road game may have been that same year where literally everyone was just talking about firing the coach the whole first half in the stands.  We need a freaking WIN!!!  

• Upvote 1