Something is happening Wednesday!

E.T.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I can agree with that. We all need to mix it up. But at the same time posting the same diatribe works both ways don’t you think? I mean going on and on about this is going to be a great year gets a bit redundant as well and I would submit that statically it’s more than unlikely to happen (talking about 8/12 wins). 

Depends on what kind of vibe you want for the board. I get a little put off by the wild enthusiasm at times but it's still preferable to the mopes wallowing in misery and wanting to make sure everybody wallows with them. Being a fan of a team can be incredibly difficult at times and some just don't have the mental fortitude to handle it at those times. If it was me, I'd just step away and come back when/if things get better. Fair weather fans are still fans and part of a fanbase.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

My new mantra is “March Victorious”!  Jeez. I can live with the overly optimistic and I can deal with the overly pessimistic however once we start sounding like a bunch of band nerds I am out. 

I really dislike both…

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Depends on what kind of vibe you want for the board. I get a little put off by the wild enthusiasm at times but it's still preferable to the mopes wallowing in misery and wanting to make sure everybody wallows with them. Being a fan of a team can be incredibly difficult at times and some just don't have the mental fortitude to handle it at those times. If it was me, I'd just step away and come back when/if things get better. Fair weather fans are still fans and part of a fanbase.

The wild enthusiasm sounds too much like listening to a preacher…I am waiting for the football god to come down and bless us. The negatives are just as bad but if this was the stock market they would be the ones making money 😂

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The wild enthusiasm sounds too much like listening to a preacher…I am waiting for the football god to come down and bless us. The negatives are just as bad but if this was the stock market they would be the ones making money 😂

Maybe in the stock market but evangelism can be a pretty good gig, too ...

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Maybe in the stock market but evangelism can be a pretty good gig, too ...

😂😂 so f’n true brother. 

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

USF needs more evangelists in my opinion.  Let's get this car out of the ditch.

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,801
  • Days Won:  28

33 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Agree with all of that as long as it is grounded in “some reality”. In terms of facts, to ignore statical probability is wrong on my opinion…especially with talk about this team winning 9 or more games. 

What is grounded in reality? We have 32 transfer players on this team, a new DC, a new OC and have a bunch of experienced players.  What "facts" you speak of that can keep us from winning 9 games? What stats do you have that wil prevent us from winning 9 games? Or do you mean because of our "past" we can not win this year? The only thing the past gave is "experience and lessons" to our players that was here last year. How is 6 wins more of a reality than 9-10 wins? Baylor was 2-10 the year b4 last year and then went 10-2. Why can't we do it? Hell we actually have the QB that took them to the 10-2 season AFTER they went 2-10. I refuse to believe that those who feel we will only win 6 games are more in "reality"  than those who sy 9 wins. Like i said earlier, we are both PREDICTING an event that hasn't happened yet. Your opinion is not better than mine and vice versa b/c there are no facts until after the game. 

11 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

What is grounded in reality? We have 32 transfer players on this team, a new DC, a new OC and have a bunch of experienced players.  What "facts" you speak of that can keep us from winning 9 games? What stats do you have that wil prevent us from winning 9 games? Or do you mean because of our "past" we can not win this year? The only thing the past gave is "experience and lessons" to our players that was here last year. How is 6 wins more of a reality than 9-10 wins? Baylor was 2-10 the year b4 last year and then went 10-2. Why can't we do it? Hell we actually have the QB that took them to the 10-2 season AFTER they went 2-10. I refuse to believe that those who feel we will only win 6 games are more in "reality"  than those who sy 9 wins. Like i said earlier, we are both PREDICTING an event that hasn't happened yet. Your opinion is not better than mine and vice versa b/c there are no facts until after the game. 

Ok, I’ll play along. Other than our new QB, why do you think all these players transferred? We’re they all so great they just wanted to come to USF? Has the current DC and OC always had success everywhere they have been? Do the players grasp the learning curve of the new coaches? In terms of the past, you’re telling me it has “no” importance? Even for a team that just won 2 games? There has to be “some” residue relative to skill set and psychology impact on the players after all of the losing we have gone through. Are you suggesting that Scott all of a sudden (in one year) got more intelligent as a head coach (and even he has stated he has made mistakes and the transition has been difficult for him)? Sure all I have is an opinion but the questions I have raised are more valid than “just believing and having faith” that we will win nine games. Even if half of the questions I asked come up positive you are still looking at a 5/6 win season…which our fan base would be enthusiastic about (which in itself is pretty sad, but I’ll take half a loaf at this point).

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Eh we are just hoping for a turn around.  It happens sometimes.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

That is why UCF has a thread on their rivals message board call "Mega Bull Tears"  where they make fun of us for being so whiny and mad at their success. 

Not here to disagree per se but just found it interesting that while you are calling out some of our members you point out something which I had no idea existed and have zero, yes zero, interest in.  You may not be mad but might be obsessed.