Something is happening Wednesday!

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,801
  • Days Won:  28

23 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Nope, I’ve been burned way too much to get caught up in the “rah-rah” BS that many on this board are displaying…it’s almost embarrassing to read some of these posts as it is way outside the reality. Hope for 5/6 wins but be ready for less. 

It's more embarrassing to see grown men cry and whine about the football team daily. That is why UCF has a thread on their rivals message board call "Mega Bull Tears"  where they make fun of us for being so whiny and mad at their success. I rather always be overexcited rather than under. CFB is "entertainment"....nothing else for us. If I was as miserable as some of the disgruntled fans, I would even bother going on any Bulls  blog. I would just go about my life until they start winning. 

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,743
  • Days Won:  30

22 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Nope, I’ve been burned way too much to get caught up in the “rah-rah” BS that many on this board are displaying…it’s almost embarrassing to read some of these posts as it is way outside the reality. Hope for 5/6 wins but be ready for less. 

Spot on .

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

It's more embarrassing to see grown men cry and whine about the football team daily. That is why UCF has a thread on their rivals message board call "Mega Bull Tears"  where they make fun of us for being so whiny and mad at their success. I rather always be overexcited rather than under. CFB is "entertainment"....nothing else for us. If I was as miserable as some of the disgruntled fans, I would even bother going on any Bulls  blog. I would just go about my life until they start winning. 

I would submit that this team has earned the right for its fan base to whine and cry. Although I don’t consider myself to do this too often (I have gone on record with 6 wins), I do think many need a dose of realism mixed into their fantasy land approach taken by some on this board. 

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,672
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would submit that this team has earned the right for its fan base to whine and cry. Although I don’t consider myself to do this too often (I have gone on record with 6 wins), I do think many need a dose of realism mixed into their fantasy land approach taken by some on this board. 

Don't disagree with fans earning the right to vent. It has been BAD. I do disagree with the feeling that one needs to post the same tired diatribe over and over again, post after post. EVERYONE gets it. NO ONE is happy with the past and is probably a little apprehensive about the future. But probably a little more hopeful with the perceived direction that the team is headed. Last year is over.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,801
  • Days Won:  28

22 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The season hasn't started yet. NONE of our predictions is reality. Did you really see the Bengals going to the freakin superbowl last year? If you watch NFL football, that wasn't a "reality" that even most Bengal fans had in their minds last preseason. Technically, when you are in the preseason.......... it is all one big FANTASY land. Because the events haven't taken place yet. Hell that is why you barely see me discuss our past. It's happened and can't be changed. All I can do is move on, work on the present and hope my future will be better. There are no facts before the season starts, just hopes and predictions from ALL fans.  

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Lol I see what you are doing. You are trying the reverse psychology strategy kind of like Lou Holtz did when he was a coach. I can tell you that I have already tried that approach the last few seasons and it didn’t work. In fact, USF was even worse than I was feeling. Thankfully my mind set is now more positive and I will be putting more heart & soul than I ever did before into this program. When I retire I will be traveling to all the away games and being one of the biggest fans in USF history. Go Bulls!

42 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Don't disagree with fans earning the right to vent. It has been BAD. I do disagree with the feeling that one needs to post the same tired diatribe over and over again, post after post. EVERYONE gets it. NO ONE is happy with the past and is probably a little apprehensive about the future. But probably a little more hopeful with the perceived direction that the team is headed. Last year is over.

I can agree with that. We all need to mix it up. But at the same time posting the same diatribe works both ways don’t you think? I mean going on and on about this is going to be a great year gets a bit redundant as well and I would submit that statically it’s more than unlikely to happen (talking about 8/12 wins). 

44 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The season hasn't started yet. NONE of our predictions is reality. Did you really see the Bengals going to the freakin superbowl last year? If you watch NFL football, that wasn't a "reality" that even most Bengal fans had in their minds last preseason. Technically, when you are in the preseason.......... it is all one big FANTASY land. Because the events haven't taken place yet. Hell that is why you barely see me discuss our past. It's happened and can't be changed. All I can do is move on, work on the present and hope my future will be better. There are no facts before the season starts, just hopes and predictions from ALL fans.  

Agree with all of that as long as it is grounded in “some reality”. In terms of facts, to ignore statical probability is wrong on my opinion…especially with talk about this team winning 9 or more games. 

18 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Lol I see what you are doing. You are trying the reverse psychology strategy kind of like Lou Holtz did when he was a coach. I can tell you that I have already tried that approach the last few seasons and it didn’t work. In fact, USF was even worse than I was feeling. Thankfully my mind set is now more positive and I will be putting more heart & soul than I ever did before into this program. When I retire I will be traveling to all the away games and being one of the biggest fans in USF history. Go Bulls!

No, I am a stats guy when it comes to probability and outcome. I think we will all be happy with six wins which statistically is our threshold…and even that is pushing it. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,234
  • Days Won:  68

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Agree with all of that as long as it is grounded in “some reality”. In terms of facts, to ignore statical probability is wrong on my opinion…especially with talk about this team winning 9 or more games. 

My new mantra is “March Victorious”!  Jeez. I can live with the overly optimistic and I can deal with the overly pessimistic however once we start sounding like a bunch of band nerds I am out.